Hidden Wonder of God's Creation

Hidden Wonder of God's Creation

A Chapter by Daisie Vergara (Dhaye)
"

Who doesn't know how great He is?

"
  


           “Let us have community service tomorrow- a tree-planting activity,” said the secretary of our Teachers’ Club. “Then, we’ll go to San Rafael Cave afterwards,” she added.


My eyes widened. I’m so excited with the news. “Really? I love it!” I clapped my hands with excitement.


Not much plans happened. The secretary just made a letter for the members and then let it signed by all of us. The activity was done the following day.


 

 

 

“Where are you? Our service car is already here. Come on,” said the text of the secretary which awaken me. I just have a long, good night sleep.

 

I took a bath in a haste and proceeded to the assembly place. Other members were not still there so we waited for about half an hour.

 


When all were already there, we went to the tree-planting site. It’s a mountainous area. It’s tiring to walk in an elevated place but we enjoyed the whole thing. We planted at least five seedlings of tree for  each member.

 

 

The community service was done. Mission accomplished!

 

                     ***

 


We went back to the service car and took the ride to the next mission- a trip to the famous San Rafael Cave (famous in our place but not outside the province and  it's my first time to see it).

 

We reached the placed after another half an hour. We took a rest while waiting to the San Rafael Cave Guides.




 


 




When the cave guides arrived, we started walking again. It was another tiring walk in an elevated area. We took the route in the forest. I heard my deep breathing. I was so tired but I have no choice but to continue walking. I really want to see the cave.

 

We walked and walked. I felt the sweats coming out from my skin, all over my body. I was really tired and my knees were already shaking.

 

“Perseverance,” I whispered to myself.

 

Then after a few minutes, we reached the cave. I haven’t control myself to shout.

 

“OMG! This is it! Wonderful!” I shouted while looking at the mouth of the cave. It looks small but the guides told us, we will be amazed of how huge it is inside.



























The Gate. We took a rest for some minutes before we enter the cave. The guides said that it is cold inside so it’s not good if we will get in while we are too tired.

 

When we got inside the cave, I started counting the levels- the number of times we go downward, and/or the chambers we got in. Ah! It was really amazing.

 



 

Level 1. The Door. We entered the cave and we are surprised with such wonder. It’s really amazing- the hidden wonder of God’s creation. Looking at the stalactites and stalagmites, my mouth and eyes turned round. It’s like a huge door of a hidden palace. We need to be careful. It was dark, slippery and a little bit dangerous because of some hollows inside the cave and the only light we have were the flashlights held by the guides.

 



 

 

 

Level 2. The Crypt. We moved downward. It’s like we are going down to a basement or something. We were so happy with all the things we have seen.

 

“Be careful!” the statements we hear from time to time.

 

 




 

 

Level 3. The Terraces. Another amazing craft of God was displayed before our eyes. I don’t know what I feel. There are  layers of stones like terraces of pools with water in it. The water is so clean and cool.

 

“Praise God. Oh, You’re so great. I can’t imagine how only few have witnessed your wonders,” I uttered while looking at the magnificent view.

 

“Yeah, God is really great!” they seconded.

 

 

 



 

 

Level 4. Another Coliseum. Actually, each chamber could be considered as coliseum. Each was huge and with high ceiling. On the fourth level, there’s rock formation with little water flowing from it like in a waterfall.

 




     


 



The trip was over but it’s like few moments had passed. I smile every now and then when I see myself in the pictures.

 

I have collected many pictures from that instant trip of ours. I have learned something. I discovered how wonderful is this world given by God to us. We only haven’t discover yet. God is so great. He is so good all the time.

 

      Now, I am spreading this story not just to promote my place but the hidden wonder of God’s creation. I hope that it's not only my fellow Roxaseno who would witness it's beauty.



© 2014 Daisie Vergara (Dhaye)


Author's Note

Daisie Vergara (Dhaye)
Fresh from my journal. The trip just happened yesterday, Nov. 31, 2013.

*I'm the one wearing the Maroon cap.

Thank you for reading.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

What a neat day that must have been. We have a number of caves in Missouri. One is so large you ride a jeep through it, and it is just outside the city, it is named 'Fantastic Caverns'. I've ridden through that cave probably 5 or 6 times. We have another one called 'Crystal Cave' which is part of the theme park 'Silver Dollar City'. The first room in this cave is so large that one time they inflated a hot air balloon inside it and it easily fit. You walk through that one and at one point they show you what absolute darkness is, when they turn the lights off in the middle of the tour.

In none of our caves do they give you neat hard hats to wear, though.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Daisie Vergara (Dhaye)

9 Years Ago

Ride on a jeep inside a cave? Hot air balloon? Wow! That's great, Eddie. Those are bigger caves. So .. read more
Eddie Davis

9 Years Ago

The Jeep ride in the Cave is rather neat, and is one of the few in the USA.



Reviews

What a neat day that must have been. We have a number of caves in Missouri. One is so large you ride a jeep through it, and it is just outside the city, it is named 'Fantastic Caverns'. I've ridden through that cave probably 5 or 6 times. We have another one called 'Crystal Cave' which is part of the theme park 'Silver Dollar City'. The first room in this cave is so large that one time they inflated a hot air balloon inside it and it easily fit. You walk through that one and at one point they show you what absolute darkness is, when they turn the lights off in the middle of the tour.

In none of our caves do they give you neat hard hats to wear, though.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Daisie Vergara (Dhaye)

9 Years Ago

Ride on a jeep inside a cave? Hot air balloon? Wow! That's great, Eddie. Those are bigger caves. So .. read more
Eddie Davis

9 Years Ago

The Jeep ride in the Cave is rather neat, and is one of the few in the USA.
How refreshing, I'm so glad that you enjoyed this expedition and thanks for sharing.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This comment has been deleted by the poster.
Daisie Vergara (Dhaye)

10 Years Ago

Yes, Sheema. Of all the trips I have been, only in my hometown I've been more satisfied.
Thank.. read more
wow, san rafael cave. i love caves. i had cave spelunking in sagada during my college days since then every time that i go to certain place, i would inquire for some cave to see. the stalactites and stalagmites are pure nature's wonder. in the photos, i could see water and that means the cave is still "alive". i hope that the local government would protect or regulate people from going in this site. when there are too many tourist going inside some could not help but touch he stalagmites/stalactites and that could interfere the natural growing process (well, according to the guide). when i have the chance to in your place, i'll look for this cave, dhaye. =)

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Daisie Vergara (Dhaye)

10 Years Ago

Wow! We both love nature, Gab. I hope you can reach our place. While we are inside the cave, the gui.. read more
gabrielle

10 Years Ago

welcome dhaye. there was a time that it took me four hours para lang matapos yung cave exploration b.. read more
This is a nice trip Dhaye. Saan iyung San Rafael matatagpuan Dhaye ?

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Daisie Vergara (Dhaye)

10 Years Ago

In our town...Roxas, Oriental MIndoro. Oh, yan, I have mentioned my place baka puntahan mo yung cave.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

971 Views
4 Reviews
Added on November 1, 2013
Last Updated on April 3, 2014
Tags: God, creation, craft, blessing, wonder, hidden, cave, treasure, friends, forest, trip

RAYS OF HOPE


Author

Daisie Vergara (Dhaye)
Daisie Vergara (Dhaye)

Philippines



About
Hello! I am Dhaye, a public secondary school teacher, a passionate artist "married" to her dream. I write in different perspectives. So please know NOT all my works are about me. .. more..

Writing