CROSSROADS

CROSSROADS

A Chapter by Daisie Vergara (Dhaye)
"

Where should be? Just a photo-prompted fiction...

"




Life is full of crossroads
I have to choose one- the better path
My walk depends on how
I  carry my loads on my aching back

Once I have chosen
A tricky way and endured each prick
Too many wounds that
I haven't escape, they made me sick

Now I am facing at
Another crossing, another choice
Another calling,
Another chance to hear a voice

But it seems that
I have to play another game
When a challenger
Comes out my way, I need to tame

What shall I do
Shall I resist when there I see?
A poor man lying there
On the other road begging at me?

Oh, I have this
So easy heart, no need to doubt
I'll surely go on
With that one who never pout

I'll teach him
How to smile in the midst of pain
I'll sing for him
to make him dance in the heavy rain

I'll let him see
That I, too have been there once
In that sad and muddy road
With my load in tons

Now, human can you tell me
Have I done wrong?
When I have chosen
To sing it loud, my best one song?

Did I choose and have
The right one and best for all?
Did I hear
The real voice of those who call?

Tomorrow I know
I will again take my own journey
And there could be
Many crossroads that I shall see

I know I wouldn't take again
A choice which would make me bleed
For He is guiding me
Throughout my way, He's on the lead.






© 2014 Daisie Vergara (Dhaye)


Author's Note

Daisie Vergara (Dhaye)
Photo credits: Google images
Music: "Lead Me Lord" by Gary Valenciano


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

A amazing poem. I tell the young people. We decide our journey. Good and bad. We will have to make many hard decisions in a life. I like the way you led to the positive ending. If we go with hope and love. The direction should take us to a good place. Thank you for sharing the beautiful and hopeful poem.
Coyote

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Daisie Vergara (Dhaye)

10 Years Ago

Thanks, CP. =)



Reviews

This is truly amazing. Very nice poem ^-^

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Daisie Vergara (Dhaye)

10 Years Ago

Thank you. =)
great poem and very true.....good job

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Daisie Vergara (Dhaye)

10 Years Ago

Thanks a lot.
"Tomorrow I know
I will again take my own journey
And there could be
Many crossroads that I shall see"


Posted 10 Years Ago


Wonderful, inspiring piece! Keep up the good work :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Daisie Vergara (Dhaye)

10 Years Ago

Thank you so much!
A amazing poem. I tell the young people. We decide our journey. Good and bad. We will have to make many hard decisions in a life. I like the way you led to the positive ending. If we go with hope and love. The direction should take us to a good place. Thank you for sharing the beautiful and hopeful poem.
Coyote

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Daisie Vergara (Dhaye)

10 Years Ago

Thanks, CP. =)
Dhaye ... This is very touching .... I noticed a sudden or gradual change in your motif. I noticed that God is now being acknowledge and included in some of your piece. A very obvious change. By the way " Lead Me Lord " was one if not my most favorite gospel song. It has been my battle cry. Whatever setbacks we experience. We will come out strong and refreshed and renewed on the other side... Thanks for sharing this inspiring piece.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Daisie Vergara (Dhaye)

10 Years Ago

Eh, di just edit my English version. I have it naman di ba? I said Christmas vacation...baka umabot .. read more
Author Unknown

10 Years Ago

Mahirap akong hanapin .Undocumented alien ako..TNT...unknown eh
Daisie Vergara (Dhaye)

10 Years Ago

Ha! You don't know what you are saying. I'm best alien here. LOL. Ikaw, I know your alien status...... read more
As soon as we open our eyes, we are immediately confronted with choices from the simplest choices of black or with cream coffee, slacks, dress or skirts for office or flat or with heels shoes to the more heavier ones such as those relating to life changing decisions. i think that the ability to make decisions or to make a choice is one of the greatest power given to us as it give us the absolute control of our lives. There are times that we are reluctant to decide because we don't know the outcome of our choices-- there's no absolute guarantee that the result we expected before making the choice would be the actual outcome. But as you beautifully mentioned in here, we need not be afraid to take a road for someone is guiding us along the way--only that we need to accept and acknowledge it. This piece again made me reflect...and the music..beautiful..

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Daisie Vergara (Dhaye)

10 Years Ago

Thanks so much, Gab. =)
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Pax
“CROSSROADS” - Life is full of crossroads

The first lines makes a better quote. And the title reflects us so much in the matters of our choices. In life there is a series of pathways, and choices takes an important part in our daily lives.

“My walk depends on how
I carry my loads on my aching back”

Reminds me so much that we do carry our own baggage. And what’s inside are the things we always hold on into like – insecurities, problems, mistakes – past or present, sadness, pain, some happiness and many more excessive burdens. I guess what I saying now is that all of us carries luggage’s either we bring it along or carry it in our back.

Now before you proceed on the next words of what I have to say in this review, prepare the ice –lol, but in seriousness, please don’t be mad at me, you knew me naman diba, what I do here is for the better…. :)

On the second stanza, you leave us in hanging. I am not sure if the wounds were healed or not or does it continue to made the person in the piece sick?

Even though on the third stanza you were somehow vague, the next stanza compensates it, I guess. Hearing another calling, another chance without solving the other. Well I guess in life, some problems takes time, so as of the moment if there is a chance and another choice to make. We will take it to give us time.

“Comes out my way, I need to tame”
Another vague end of the fourth stanza. To tame what?
Life is full of games. Play it well and good – but never step on your opponent, or else greater consequences awaits. Life is a game, but it is never a competition with others. It is a competition within – of who’s gonna win, your good or bad sides.

Now, sorry pretty friend, now I am confuse about the fifth stanza. A challengers comes along, and there is a man begging( is he a challenger also?).

Now the six stanza gives me the impression that you to a poor man’s soul first than the challenger.

Ahh, the signature rain – that you I know. The seventh stanza gives me an image of you helping the one who is in pain, that you give joy and that’s what matters to you.

Ahh yes the 8th stanza speaks or empathy towards the poor man. That you reflected on the past self, to the old rough roads you once passed. To give a feeling that this poor man is not alone, alone in this wide road.

The 9th stanza makes me question who is this human now? Is it the poor man from the previous stanza? If so why would you question the poor man? Did he shove out your help?

From the 9th stanza till the end, for me it’s hard to connect to the 1st till the 8th stanza. Because it is all introspection now, all question about what you’ve done – is it wrong or right, good or bad…

All in all the piece is really good, but there are some plot holes or just hanging moments without proper end.

Our everyday life is a journey, there will always be a road to choose from. Choices that makes us bleed or heal. As long as we have our faith in him and on ourselves, we are on the right track of our daily lives.



Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Daisie Vergara (Dhaye)

10 Years Ago

Hehehe. Ewan nga, Gab. Hindi na siguro mawawala yang challenge namin ni Pax. Mula noong makapag-adju.. read more
Pax

10 Years Ago

i am glad gab that you are enjoying this exchange of conversation with slightly very different views.. read more
Daisie Vergara (Dhaye)

10 Years Ago

Psst! I have a present to you at your page. Get it before it expire. LOL
Life is a journey but He lifts us up, carry's us when we get tired and encourages us to move forward. I love the music accompanying it. Good one Dhaye

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Daisie Vergara (Dhaye)

10 Years Ago

Thanks so much, Cassie. =)
Very nice. Rhyme and flow are great! A truly inspiring poem. :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Daisie Vergara (Dhaye)

10 Years Ago

Thanks a lot, Ray. =)

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1000 Views
16 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 22, 2014
Last Updated on April 3, 2014
Tags: cross, roads, turn, wrong, right, choice

RAYS OF HOPE


Author

Daisie Vergara (Dhaye)
Daisie Vergara (Dhaye)

Philippines



About
Hello! I am Dhaye, a public secondary school teacher, a passionate artist "married" to her dream. I write in different perspectives. So please know NOT all my works are about me. .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Tortured Mind Tortured Mind

A Poem by s y e