You Shouted Out The Answers To Your Deaf Best Friend

You Shouted Out The Answers To Your Deaf Best Friend

A Poem by trainwreck
"

We weren't beautiful until we were broken, so let's glue ourselves together.

"
They say I'm so good
But we both know they're crazy.
I sit here and smash things, 
But I'm not waiting.
Have you ever seen my jealousy?
It started to eat me
But I don't like the taste
Of this soul we both hate....
But I think I'll learn to love me again.
I started to break you, 
But I'll try to remake you, 
You always see I'm not okay,
It never matters what I say,
Cause you may be breaking, 
But you're not blind. 
I wish I could have opened my eyes....
We both know these days are timed, 
And I won that fight
(The one I used to hurt you)
I'm going to help heal you,
Because I crossed the border into alright. 
Can you forgive me?
Its a question I've been scared to ask,
Some walk on eggshells, 
I prefer broken glass.... 
Here I am.
I know what happened.
Don't fall again.
Even though we were broken,
Its just you and me....
A brand-new Mosiac.

© 2011 trainwreck


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I remember when I asked you what a Mosiac was for the second time. I forgot to tell you that it's because I have a history project, and we had to design a shield. I may have misunderstood the term Mosiac but I drew a bunch of broken glass on my shield and when my teacher asked me why I told him that it's because what's protecting me, it beautiful, even when it's broken. :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Wow this is a stunning piece of work.

Posted 13 Years Ago


There is beauty in destruction, afterall its just another form of creation

Posted 13 Years Ago


It feels like you're equipped with innocence, in an adults situation. A feeling everyone has

Posted 13 Years Ago


"Some walk on eggshells,
I prefer broken glass....
Here I am.
I know what happened.
Don't fall again.
Even though we were broken,
Its just you and me....
A brand-new Mosiac."

I just loved these lines..Especially the first two lines....So much Power in them.

What charisma, what a delectable little read. It rhymes nicely and is so profound. I liked this one a LOT..



Posted 13 Years Ago


This is great. It has the fractured yet beautiful feel of a mosaic indeed. There is true honesty in this poem, and it has an almost tumbling feel which I think reflects that. This is the type of insight and perspective that comes to us at 3am on a sleepless night, or at least, it is for me! This poem expresses your own soul in a very intimate way. There's a lot of contrast and conflict in it, as one would expect. Your word choices bounce nicely off each other - good / crazy, smashing / waiting, hate / love / break / remake, fight / heal, and so on. We have all faced demons and moved on, and sometimes, those events affect the people around us. By shifting perspective constantly from "me" to "you" throughout the poem, I think you bring out this idea very effectively. Ultimately, this is a poem of redemption, positivity, and most importantly, I think it shows a great respect and empathy for the affect that your interactions have on others. I especially like the line "I don't like the taste of this soul we both hate", it's one of those lines that lingers after you have finished reading the poem. :-)

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

To love is do be mad essentially.

Nicely done.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Oh! That is so interesting I love how you did that it's soo cool you came up with an awesome idea! And you know it works like you wouldn't believe! Keep up interesting work like this and you'll go far for sure in the writing world!

Posted 13 Years Ago


I remember when I asked you what a Mosiac was for the second time. I forgot to tell you that it's because I have a history project, and we had to design a shield. I may have misunderstood the term Mosiac but I drew a bunch of broken glass on my shield and when my teacher asked me why I told him that it's because what's protecting me, it beautiful, even when it's broken. :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

306 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on September 23, 2010
Last Updated on January 19, 2011

Author

trainwreck
trainwreck

HI



About
I'm Heidi. I normally write songs, but these are the things I write when I have nothing better to say in lyrics. I am a Christian, but my work is, honestly, not overly religious. I am passionate a.. more..

Writing