Love's Insanity

Love's Insanity

A Poem by Helen Woodward



I am at times told that I must know a lot about love, but all I really know is that love comes to those who wait. I am floundering around in the dark like everyone else trying to find my rightful place, however I have learned a few important lessons on my personal journey about  the insanity that love can create.

When we love we need to like the person we think is our ideal mate and that is where patience comes into play. The person you love may also be the person you don’t like; if that sounds confusing…it is!



There should be no power play and not a hint of a lie. There must also be a deep connection of mind before there is a connection of bodies.  The question is; are we strong enough to wait? Usually not, that is a fact and the common denominator that can lead us either to a place of darkness and regret or absolute heaven...a little ‘getting to know you' time would give clear indication of the conflict reasoning that makes warning signs  prominent.


I have a deep faith in God; this comes from a place of trauma and loss, a place of loneliness and despair. I came to a point in my life where God was/is my only hope of peace, he is my nurturer on the long path back to what became obsolete...steadiness of thought.


People are so quick to label others with negative judgement and that of course includes me, but I know it is not my place. However, prudence with a watchful eye is needed to live your life with the kind of responsible thought that should be attached to decision-making; this in turn can foster a feeling of dignity. We as humans are meant to enjoy our lives and we can do this by making good choices; it is what sets us apart from the apes. (Not forgetting table manners and accessorising)

A keen sense of observation helps to keep us on the journey of discovery, by doing this we find the key to wisdom. We are frail and if we can learn from our mistakes and from the mistakes of others we have done very well.


My world fell apart with the sudden death of my husband and I came to know hatred and despair first hand; I knew there had to be a turning point or I would go under. Through the kindness of family and friends and a boost from those little miracle pills that feed half the Western world (anti-depressants) I became at least half a person again, able to think for myself...and able to take full charge of my life.

Today I am able to laugh and be in the company of others again. 


Contrary to some train of thought God does not put us in a position that will cause dilemma, we put ourselves there by being doormats. If trauma occurs we need to do what is difficult and that is to try to be astute and discerning, we know this feeling, it comes from the soul and the gut...it tells us to slow down; do we listen? NO!

We plunge in head first and crack our skulls in the process.


Love in its true form brings forth only good feelings of joy and lasting happiness, not trauma or the notion of low self-esteem. We recognise love by its cornerstone...happiness...if the joy in love is not present then we need to re-think our situation. Let us try to be discerning at a time when we are absorbed and smitten by the love/lust emotion...thereby allowing ourselves room to think on a safe level of true understanding that can halt indecision and clearly establish reality.

© 2013 Helen Woodward


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Helen you were one of the first to reach out to me here in 2007 and ever since then I have treasured your friendship and been amazed and inspired by your writing and your candor. I am so sorry for the losses....but I believe what you speak here about love.

Posted 10 Years Ago


You have shared you inner thoughts here Helen. Great advice, it seems you and your husband had a great realionship that may be hard to replicate.

Posted 10 Years Ago


You are very wise in love. I agree. True love come to people who wait and have patience. I tell the young people. Slow and easy. Love need to be enjoyed. Thank you for sharing your great wisdom. Always a pleasure to fall into your words.
Coyote

Posted 10 Years Ago


nice work Helen...it is the journey of this life that carries from one end to the other, with everything in between the reality we make, and sometimes we fall in love so deeply that when we loose that love the reality is bitter, yet the journey continues allowing us to fall in love deeply, with life...nice work....

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

155 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 2, 2013
Last Updated on November 5, 2013

Author

Helen Woodward
Helen Woodward

Australia



About
At times simply living is hard work. People around you are non-responsive and you feel like throwing in the towel. I have read and reviewed many on-line writers who have felt this way.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Faith Faith

A Poem by Chuba kichu