PROLOGUE

PROLOGUE

A Chapter by It Broke Me

Everybody wants to go to Heaven, but nobody wants to die.

 

I would wager that most people have, at some point in their lives, heard this philosophical statement made, but I would be confident in saying that very few of those people have ever actually stopped to think about what it really means.

 

Like most statements of its kind, it is an interesting way to turn one’s thoughts. But also like most of its kind, it is easily tossed aside; regarded as a nonsensical and meaningless creation of a too idle or perhaps too morbid mind.

 

This bold query of sorts, has always held sway over me. Not only does it force one to think of his or her own mortality, but it also poses the question of whether a Heaven even exists to go to. Because as it implies, everyone does indeed want to go to Heaven, but nobody (nobody in their right mind that is) wants to die.

 

Whatever your personal beliefs on the latter are does not matter, for it is a matter of pure speculation in which no one knows the truth until they die, and by then it is too late for any but the deceased to tell. The former, now that is a matter of fact. Every one, every thing, will eventually reach the end of life. Death is an immoveable force of nature, one which we all must accept. Some people just have a harder time accepting it than others, and some people never do.



© 2011 It Broke Me


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

170 Views
Added on June 28, 2011
Last Updated on June 28, 2011


Author

It Broke Me
It Broke Me

About
Some of my stuff may not appeal to you and that's okay, it might be that none of my stuff is right for you and that’s fine too. I write for me and (if anyone enjoys my pieces) people with simila.. more..

Writing
I I

A Chapter by It Broke Me


I Am I Am

A Book by It Broke Me