Neda

Neda

A Poem by Nicole

Something terrible happened.


On June 20th 2009, a young, 27 - year - old was shot.

And she didn't make it.

The place was Karekar Ave, in Tehran, Iran.


Neda was shot in the heart by the Basiji police. And she died in less than two minutes.  Just because she was watching the protests.  A doctor tried to help, but it was to late. Neda was dead.

If you had watched one of the videos, you could hear a loved one crying out her name.


Questions.

Who in the right mind would do this.

And why?

Just for watching?

Now, I know this :

It's stupid, and pointless.


Here are some words that spoke out to me, and will to you.

                           Her name was Neda, an innocent bystander shot dead just for watching.

We are Neda and all those who fell with her.

Neda is one Iranian. Neda is all Iranians.

RT May God cradle NEDA in Peace and wake her soul to show her that she was not lost for nothing, her blood rained freedom.

The World cries seeing your last breath, you didn’t die in vain. We remember you.

.

© 2009 Nicole


Author's Note

Nicole
Please exuse all mistakes and grammar and spelling. And, thank you for reading.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

That's so sad, and such a great tribute to her. Great job ^^ I really wish that people weren't so violent, it IS senseless, and it really is horrible when someone innocent that wasn't even doing anything wrong gets caught up in other peoples actions and ends up paying for it.

Again, this was a great tribute to her, I'm sure her family would appreciate it.

Posted 14 Years Ago


this is really good. great job! I don't really know what to say. All I'm thinking right now is "WOW!" haha!
--Bells =)

Posted 14 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

179 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on June 26, 2009

Author

Nicole
Nicole

a place in, LA



About
more..

Writing