stranger in my soul!

stranger in my soul!

A Poem by Joshua

The day ended, my eyes blinked, and my world changed. Crying in the clouds, praying in the dirt, torn into hopeless faith. Agony now surrounds my presence infecting the space with misery. Life's laughter breaks what's left of the falling heart, setting it free into a pain soaked misery. I wish there were nights that your shadow would not appear. Your evil words imprison my spirit, I try to run only being held back by fear grabbing at my feet. I hear the nothings, they all blank in the moments detoured by this imaginary curse. My soul, these tears, they flood my eyes. Then you re-open them with the peaceful failures of a full bottle sharing a table with the empty glass. I drink to the forgotten, you drink to what remains of my soul. I am nothing, a servant, captured by a promising evil. I live on my knees, pleading for the things you have convinced me I need. A stranger in the fog, a friend in the night, you keep me safe with the unrecognizable evidence of another drink poured. My guardian angel, my home, the place where the laughter and hurt flickers into one. Leaving the dimming moments of innocence in envy of our bond. You are the stranger I search for, your wink through the broken bottles revives my soul. Now the thought of me was real, then it became a doubt. Now the belief of me is the extinct me! I now fall apart into your broken arms, barely breathing, hoping you share just a taste more of the addicting pain that my broken spirits drown into! I stand gazing into a new day, drinking in the clouds, resting under the drops. Set me free!

© 2010 Joshua


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

168 Views
Added on September 12, 2010
Last Updated on September 15, 2010

Author

Joshua
Joshua

Hammond, LA



Writing
eviction! eviction!

A Poem by Joshua