Passau

Passau

A Poem by Crowley
"

A few thoughts from a trip I took.

"




     There are those girls with the handsome thighs, chittering and whispering, the sideways glance an indication that they know you are looking at them. The skin that the sun cannot blemish, soft like butter and cream.  They prance in an ebbing sun chained together with adolescent cinching, straining and breaking under the weight of the oncoming woman’s world hips. The call of  a life yet to come in a land of little resistance or want. But for now they swirl, dancing to a tune so wholesome it need be whistled sharply else the winds carry it prematurely to the land of accountability.


     The call of the river is a whisper most days and silent in the winter like death. But the screams of springtime get in a girls head and push boundaries.  She may get stuck in the eddy that takes her like a rocket to the bottom, trying to sift the mica from the silt and waking in the morning to the truth that it was not gold after all. When she resurfaces, lungs straining for one gulp of familiar air to set right, she is spit out on the tracks located at the intersection of lust and broken bones. Nostalgia floats in on the summer water and the yearning for deep rooted familiarity dances on the green surface of that Danube dream.


     There will not likely be another moment in which the girl has the time of day or the key to her identity until the butter and cream skin is patched with the scars and discolorations that show the depth of her experience. It is only then that wisdom and beauty build a bridge over that mighty current allowing one to cross with fingers in ears and a mind full of not what is right for the world, but first and foremost, what is right for her mind and soul. Some will say it can be the best part of a woman’s life, when the key is turned in that lock, but every girl cannot help to remember that sharply whistled tune and like riding a bicycle, the sideways glance from a woman is artistry that never fades.  

© 2018 Crowley


Author's Note

Crowley
Happy Cinco de Mayo!!!!

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Your writing still leaps in ginormous bounds and in the finest weave of words descriptive! So many mind pictures jump out.. which to select or just stress this is very fine writing. Has both insight and observation with an artist's eye and that of a man who's already seen some beautiful unframed master?pieces.

' .. for now they swirl, dancing to a tune so wholesome it need be whistled sharply else the winds carry it prematurely to the land of accountability.'

'.. takes her like a rocket to the bottom, trying to sift the mica from the silt and waking in the morning to the truth that it was not gold after all'

The third stanza.. sizzles more than heart feel but also, mind plausibility!

igne

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Crowley

5 Years Ago

I miss your reviews!!! Thank you, just recently went on a river boat cruise on the Danube and was as.. read more



Reviews

What a moving, colorfully rich journey of the soul. There is wisdom in each ray of the sun kissing the skin, in the days and nights that come and speak light and dark places into us. Beautifully, bittersweet voyage through this city of three rivers.

Posted 5 Years Ago


Crowley

5 Years Ago

Thanks man...that's high praise coming from you!
Wow, this is shocking superb. Outstanding and really opens your mind's eye. And to explore this piece. You really need to digest and take on board all. A few reads. Impeccable and remarkable. Words that flow from a true master. courtesy at you.

Posted 5 Years Ago


Crowley

5 Years Ago

Thank you, occasionally the inspiration strikes a better chord than usual...
Onlyme

5 Years Ago

You are very modest Crowley. A true poet you are and writer.
Okay, where to begin? I'm done! Nothing to say but Wow. I need to project this on an empty wall and dance to its flickering light. Somehow my cognitive brain leaves way to much of it on the outside. I think I need to write the five poems and a short story it inspires before I can claim to take it all in. Thanks for the gift.

Posted 5 Years Ago


Crowley

5 Years Ago

Thanks man, a little thought that I had early in the morning while on a European river boat cruise. .. read more
Wow, your writing is crisp and concise. Never a wasted word. You write with great understanding and with brilliant artistic delivery.. Masterful…

Posted 5 Years Ago


Crowley

5 Years Ago

Thanks so much Sue, I really appreciate the kind words. Happy Mothers Day!
Well, I thought this was a most sympathetic and understanding way of watching girls! A well written piece from observation. The metaphor of the river is very clever. I hope you get some good sideways glances! I enjoyed reading this, and will spend some time pondering my past!

Posted 5 Years Ago


Crowley

5 Years Ago

LOL...thanks for the review, I just went to europe on a river boat cruise and in all the countries t.. read more
I feel understanding and fine-tuned sensitivity to the phases of womanhood in the eloquent words of your beautiful prose/poem. You watch, listen, and know them better than they know themselves. Exquisitely balanced lines with masterful ebb and flow- like the beat of their hearts. Great use of language, imagery, metaphor, simile. You adore them from afar, from innocence, to immersion to hard lessons learned. “She is spit out on the tracks located at the intersection of lust and broken bones.”- brilliant. With a respectful “sideways glance” to the poet, I applaud this work. Kudos.




Posted 5 Years Ago


Crowley

5 Years Ago

Thanks a million for the review, I really appreciate the kind words. Its been a while sine I posted.
Your writing still leaps in ginormous bounds and in the finest weave of words descriptive! So many mind pictures jump out.. which to select or just stress this is very fine writing. Has both insight and observation with an artist's eye and that of a man who's already seen some beautiful unframed master?pieces.

' .. for now they swirl, dancing to a tune so wholesome it need be whistled sharply else the winds carry it prematurely to the land of accountability.'

'.. takes her like a rocket to the bottom, trying to sift the mica from the silt and waking in the morning to the truth that it was not gold after all'

The third stanza.. sizzles more than heart feel but also, mind plausibility!

igne

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Crowley

5 Years Ago

I miss your reviews!!! Thank you, just recently went on a river boat cruise on the Danube and was as.. read more

2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

634 Views
17 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 5, 2018
Last Updated on November 20, 2018

Author

Crowley
Crowley

Phoenix, AZ



About
Like to hang out with other writers and see what's what. Have met a lot of good people on this and other sites through the years. Decided to come back and do a little posting and reading. Hit me up i.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..