The Show Must Go On

The Show Must Go On

A Poem by Crowley
"

His own worst enemy....

"

In light of last nights drunken festivities, huzzahhhh!

My morning cereal went down like a handful of eight penny nails

Your voice the hammer that tacked shut my shithead coffin

Last nights words were meant for me and my self-loathing


I'll take my serial homewrecker van and drive

A path that jerks like an epileptics seizures, hold my tongue

To a place where the new "she" will latch on and dress me

In clothes that she will prescribe like illegal anti-depressants


And when she feels my change has settled in evenly

The solids separated from the putrid liquids

I will sweep myself into the finest gold lined dust pan

And take her out for drinks and verbal manslaughter


Really folks....the show must go on


© 2018 Crowley


Author's Note

Crowley
….and not like the Greatest Showman.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

"Your voice the hammer that tacked shut my shithead coffin".

This is...I just love it. I know what my husband sounds like the morning after a bingey night, and it's definitely a hammer tacking shut my shithead coffin. The person a ways down who said it reminded him of Corso was right, I get echoes of Marriage in this. Thanks for the fun trip.

Posted 5 Years Ago


Crowley

5 Years Ago

Ha!!! yeah I got carried away on this one maybe. Wrote it some while back when I was in hangover mod.. read more
I feel the rock and roll spirit, the schizophrenia between the night world and the daylight world, how love is for him, and how music is his all, no matter what the show must go on, all written in these few lines with Your very style my friend, taking us into a journey of a devoted rock musician.

Posted 5 Years Ago


We reap what we sow ... we also have to make recompense for what we drunkenly divulge when intoxicated (without sympathy I might add). Ahhh how the 'show(off)man' doth stumble and fall ... left t feed the headache on a diet of humble pie and caffeine-laced liquids - great wite though - made me chuckle ... :-)

Posted 5 Years Ago


HA HA Mr Crowley, My mother used to say... "you can take the boy out of the Bowery but you cant take the Bowery out of the boy!" Twas a pretty good show in my eyes I would so enjoy to hear the verbal man-slaughtering oh to be a fly buzzing around your bar room. Take two aspirin and a bottle of Maalox and some vitamin b you will recover nicely :)

Posted 5 Years Ago


Claws out and on fire Crowley, with this epic rant and rage of multiple man size portions to bite and swallow on.

Posted 5 Years Ago


Your writing is fabulous here, one line after another. Loved the expression of "shithead coffins", and the "gold lined dust pans". You're on fire here, my friend!

Posted 5 Years Ago


Love this one Crowley. Some bloomin great lines here. Fab read. All the best.

Chris

Posted 5 Years Ago


This reminds of the old beat poet Gregory Corso. Quite a ride, Crowley!

Tom

Posted 5 Years Ago


Ah, those little minxes tie our tongues, hearts and minds in knots, but mostly our minds.
Okay, so some may be mens fault, but we are genetically built to be men, so where thee hell is the surprise coming from.
If in doubt, remember this. If she sticks to her argument, you've lost the argument and are wrong, but if she changes it to another time when you messed up, just smile and walk away, enjoying the rarest of victories, being right.
And before I start trending, im not being sexist....yet.
...But all this bullshit about men not knowing the pain of childbirth....listen up.
A woman will suffer unbearable pain during childbirth, but at sometime in the future may have another child.
When was the last kick in the nuts you got, and have you ever known anyone to ask for another? I cant remember the point I was trying to make, but may have started a sex war. I certainly dont see getting laid in my plans any time soon.
And finally, to salvage something, I will agree we do bring some of it on ourselves. We just dont need constantly reminded of it :)

Posted 5 Years Ago


Crowley

5 Years Ago

Lol, that may a little deeper in than I actually thought about it. I get in very few arguments and t.. read more
Okay from now on you can only go to the juice bar and maybe the desert bar.


Posted 5 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

290 Views
12 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 31, 2018
Last Updated on May 31, 2018

Author

Crowley
Crowley

Phoenix, AZ



About
Like to hang out with other writers and see what's what. Have met a lot of good people on this and other sites through the years. Decided to come back and do a little posting and reading. Hit me up i.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..