Thinking Too Much

Thinking Too Much

A Poem by Crowley
"

Its true, I worry way too much.

"

I know that control is an illusion, I know this, damn it
But my face and my thoughts will never let it be
Born of a mind that tends to take harried walks with no shoes
My dreams are made of concrete and barbed wire
The sex never coming to fruition, the vampires dining as friends watch.

You tell me everything will be alright and I swim against the current
And regardless of the trial you are right every time, crisis averted
The clock is reset and the tide flows in, smooth and even
Interrupted once again by the storms in my heart
Intuition is an all day sucker and I am always here to say, what if?


© 2018 Crowley


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

This poem reveals so much truth that many of us introverts need to hear, even if we don't choose to believe it. Overthinking is able to quickly kill our happiness, even on the best days we'll ruin it somehow. Most of the time, it's all in our head, but something deep, deep down is able to convince us on a very small thought. It's best not to work yourself up too much about it and do what you can to steer your mind elsewhere. I've definitely been in one of my moods this week and overthinking has kept me company every day so far, but luckily, I have my job to help distract my mind and I'm surrounded my good coworkers who keep me in happy spirits. Take your time when too many thoughts hit at once, no matter how overwhelming it may get. Take a seat, take a deep breath and read a book. I always have a book next to my bed in case I get the urge to calm myself down.

Posted 5 Years Ago


Crowley

5 Years Ago

Ack...sorry I never saw this wonderful review. You are right at every turn. thanks for the great re.. read more
My middle name is overthinking! I have to make an effort to dilute my anxiety constantly before it becomes a burden. "Born of a mind that tends to take harried walks with no shoes...." I do believe we are born with it actually inherited the nature of over thinking. fascinating and comforting revelation, Crowley.


Posted 5 Years Ago


Crowley

5 Years Ago

Sorry about the late response!! Great review, and yeah, so many nights laying in bed with what seems.. read more
Aw Snap! (trying to sound young and hip) I'm having a deja vu moment. I love your use of vocab and the line with sex and vampires in it. I think this was a pretty good descriptive work. You definitely laid out the curious mention of overthinking in five line stanzas. I was just thinking about the very subject after you reviewed my last poem. Maybe we can create a support group on here for anxious over thinkers. Nah. That's basically what writerscafe.org is in a nutshell. You're the man.

Posted 5 Years Ago


Crowley

5 Years Ago

Haaaa...sorry just saw this. I'm in for the support group...lol. thanks so much for the read, I ap.. read more
I'm watching, I'm waiting, I'm hoping...that my friend will feel better soon and come out, come out and write us some glorious Cee

Posted 5 Years Ago


Crowley

5 Years Ago

I'm trying, this is the worse thing ever. Well not worst, but its worn me down a bit.
Your write could have been penned by my younger brother; he too tends to ‘think too much’! In his case, anxiety and over thinking tend to be evil partners and creates fearful what-if scenarios about things that could go wrong for him, his loved ones, and the world, as he sees it. Your write certainly brings out the poignancy of what we could express as an ‘anxiety disorder’. Thanks for sharing ... :-)

Posted 5 Years Ago


Crowley

5 Years Ago

Its an unending cycle...thanks for reading and the great review, I really appreciate it!
Gypsy Warrior Queen

5 Years Ago

Cee, we have an anxiety disorder? ...and all this time I thought we were just artists :( It's okay f.. read more
Crowley

5 Years Ago

lol...yes, blue pill popped, lets see what happens.
Your own FDR, said, 'the only thing we have to fear is fear itself.' Our ability to imagine is the key; it's as much a curse as a blessing; without it, what would there be to worry about? Nothing I wager.

Nevertheless, I am guilty as charged M'lud. :))

Beccy.

Posted 5 Years Ago


Crowley

5 Years Ago

Yeah, I am told often I worry too much...but somehow I always feel its necessary but I know for a fa.. read more
I so empathise with this I also find it very moving.

Posted 5 Years Ago


Crowley

5 Years Ago

Thanks Ken, good to see you!!!
Thinking too much is a pain in the butt. I've suffered from that for years plus wanting to be in control. You end up tying yourself up in knots. Sometimes it's best for peace of mind to go with the flow. Swimming against the tides is hazardous. I am learning to say "let it be". It takes practice :)

Chris

Posted 5 Years Ago


Wanting to be in control is such an addiction, I think..
Your last line hits me hard. As someone who's too proud of her intuitive skills, I do agree it can be a sucker alright with thoughts and illusions creeping up and beguiling the mind...
Interesting read for me.

Posted 5 Years Ago


been there, been there... and it can be stressful until it drains every drop of Your energy. I leaned to leave the worry aside (I used to worry about my dear peoples not about me) and still swim in my thinking way far.... so far, that kind of thinking that You should think of. I pray soon You will be able to get over that, sometimes Your intuitions keeps saying something to You until it happened, and I say swim with the tide my fried, not against it... I know You can do it with the good friends and people around You to assure and comfort You.

all the nest for You dear Crowley.

Posted 5 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

401 Views
13 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on November 19, 2018
Last Updated on November 19, 2018

Author

Crowley
Crowley

Phoenix, AZ



About
Like to hang out with other writers and see what's what. Have met a lot of good people on this and other sites through the years. Decided to come back and do a little posting and reading. Hit me up i.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..