Puppy Dreams

Puppy Dreams

A Story by Crowley
"

I should be getting ready to go to my place...alas, not this year.

"
Pipe dreams, sex dreams, dreams of falling, dreams of falling in love. In the minute it takes to close my eyes and make sure that Juno is comfortably snuggled, I drift, thinking about how many grains of sand are on the beach in Isla Holbox, my island dream. The Carnival girls in their scant and brightly colored costumes beckon, how do they know my name? There is Victor telling me he has a shot with my name on it and fresh Corvina and lobster. The air is warm with an ocean breeze making more out of my hair than I can. Ester dances and sweeps the sand from the café floorboards and calls me daddy, shiver. Mexico is a virus of the blood, hauntingly slow, sexually bold, Tres Hermanos always working magic. I never want to wake but six o’clock comes fast and Juno squeaks her puppy dreams in my ear. Dreaming is done for now, but the day will be full of salty ocean smell and bronze skinned beauties in my mind and of course Juno who, on my lap, understands about favorite places.


© 2019 Crowley


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Beautiful sleepy tangle of daydreams & longing. Growing up around agriculture, I found myself attracted to Hispanic culture becuz of the magic you describe here. Take, for instance, the difference between a Mexican wedding (passionate & fun) . . . & most American weddings (a little formal I would say). You've captured the way that culture beckons & your little vignette has now planted a fantasy in me too. Love the tie in with puppyness (((HUGS))) Fondly, Margie

Posted 5 Years Ago


If she is as good as you say, and am sure she is Isla Holbox is gonna be very sorely missed this year...can you not just get a quickie in to tide ya over... I reckon I can empathise with you... we usually go to our little mountain retreat in Bulgaria every 6 or seven weeks, even a short vacation there can be so revitalizing.. we are going next month but have decided, maybe it is time to sell up... ouch.. every time I think about it.. I cramp up with an ache worse than campylobacter and which anyone will tell ya is worse than childbirth... I do feel for ya.. I got a few other special places.. maybe one day :)

Posted 5 Years Ago


Crowley

5 Years Ago

Yeah, it was a travesty but we are going on another riverboat cruise down the Rhine at the end of th.. read more
Neville

5 Years Ago

Will no doubt be in touch before then, but just in case.... go well and have a loadsa bloomin fun..... read more
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Rye
I love this piece, wonderful imagery and detail.

Posted 5 Years Ago


Crowley

5 Years Ago

Thank you so much, I will miss my place this year!!!
Isla Hollbox sounds one great place Crowley. You took me there with your imagery and words. Fab writing. All good wishes.

Chris

Posted 5 Years Ago


Crowley

5 Years Ago

Its so good, but like a lot of other previously unspoiled areas, its under pressure. Thanks Christin.. read more
Just a few lines, but what a vast panoramic vista you have painted.

Totally agree with Kelly, sheer perfection.

Beccy.

Posted 5 Years Ago


Crowley

5 Years Ago

Thanks you Beccy, great to see you again!!!
If this were in a book. this page would be dogeared for me! I love the atmosphere you invoke, one line after another. This is sheer perfection!

Posted 5 Years Ago


Crowley

5 Years Ago

I love that place, it is soooo relaxing and just filled with nice people. Thanks luv!!
I only wish my dreams were that filled at the moment! YOU ARE ON FIRE today Cee!

Posted 5 Years Ago


Kelly Scheppers

5 Years Ago

...isn't he always? ; )
Great images held within this thoughtful day dreaming tale a magical place that means so much to you. On some far off tropical island in the sun, sand and salty ocean with sea breeze and smiling face. And suntan guys and gals. Drinking cocktails and having fun.

Posted 5 Years Ago


Crowley

5 Years Ago

Thanks darlin'!!!!
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
¿
Beeeach! I love it when my feet leave its print on the sand and they get disappear by the tide....see, am gone into my beach muse....all cause of your writing...
And you're lucky more than enough to have a beach at your place...I've heard that beach is an unbeatable remedy of any dull hearts, isn't it?
Reach there soon and Ennnjoy!


Posted 5 Years Ago


Crowley

5 Years Ago

Well the beach I love most is the one in Isla Holbox Mexico, I love Mexico..I have went 9 years in a.. read more
¿

5 Years Ago

🏄!!!!! Wellllcome!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

309 Views
9 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 15, 2019
Last Updated on January 15, 2019

Author

Crowley
Crowley

Phoenix, AZ



About
Like to hang out with other writers and see what's what. Have met a lot of good people on this and other sites through the years. Decided to come back and do a little posting and reading. Hit me up i.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..