Unremarkable

Unremarkable

A Poem by Crowley
"

IG said this is a poem...I trust her implicitly and she has my wallet.

"
Unremarkable


And he crept from beyond the shadows
Where the cruel things 
Twisted in their nature
Homely in their wares
Waited an eternity for just one kiss
And in comparison to him
They were the fair princesses
They were the creamy naked thighs

He was ugly....no....unremarkable

© 2010 Crowley


Author's Note

Crowley
Well there you have it, I have officially worn out my welcome.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

"They were the creamy naked thighs"

That line sort of stopped me in my tracks and I am so fixated on that I can't think of anything else. That is not an unremarkable line.

Chris

Posted 5 Years Ago


Crowley

5 Years Ago

You two have resurected the creamy naked thighs....I like it!!! Whatever it takes to get you stuck .. read more
Chris Shaw

5 Years Ago

Yep for the rest of the evening the thighs are with me :))
OMG Cee, the benadryl is kicking in...I had to read they were the creamy naked thighs ...like three times....and then had to start all over because I had drifted away to wonder about your thigh and shoe fetish:)

Posted 5 Years Ago


Crowley

5 Years Ago

Creamy naked thighs on benedryl can be dangerous!!!! Thanks Q!!!
the perfect disguise ...

Posted 13 Years Ago


good one short but i like the shorts ones the best:)

Posted 13 Years Ago


a poem of longing leaving us guessing who and what and where ?

different... Corey boy !!
I like it.
Babsie xx

Posted 13 Years Ago


unremarkable, like a tree in the forest.
and an eternity for just one kiss : i know how that feels.

just a beautiful, perfect little poem

Posted 13 Years Ago


Looking for love in all the wrong places, I suppose.
Ed got it right.
Sunflower did not.
The author is a competent wordsmith.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I feel that this is about sexual molestation of a youth by a close family member..I hope that it is not or if it is that it is just a write on the topic...Sunflower

Posted 13 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A slightly surreal poem, yes it is.. (yes, can be 'slightly' surreal?) .. anyway, love the way this swings thoughts side to side, neither this nor that .. and the final line makes thought even more thoughtful.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Not without the trademark sexuality of its author, but not without the depth and mind-tickling that usually comes with such a package. I really like how it subtly portrays both sides with a sense of realism and balance: "..cruel things twisted in their nature.." compared with "the fair princesses.." and "the creamy naked thighs.." (Mr Rowley's copywritten phraseology)...but "he was ugly..."
To me this is the proverbial 'slugs and snails and puppy-dogs' tails' against 'sugar and spice and all things nice'...and the 'Sleeping Beauty' with a modern cynicism of under-valuation in terms of what a man is to a woman. But then perhaps some relationships thrive better with this attitude of respect for the opposite sex.
Interesting stuff. As per normal, even in only a few short lines, this writer's inescapable tendency to say a whole lot more than is immediately apparent never lets us down.

Posted 13 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

482 Views
17 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 22, 2010
Last Updated on July 22, 2010

Author

Crowley
Crowley

Phoenix, AZ



About
Like to hang out with other writers and see what's what. Have met a lot of good people on this and other sites through the years. Decided to come back and do a little posting and reading. Hit me up i.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Mercy Mercy

A Story by Coyote Poetry