Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by ∠( ᐛ 」∠)_

Devin, a 17 year old mutant teenager born with snow-colored wings and wavey white platinum hair, was created by a scientist named Alister. Alister was a rich and famous person, but he was so lonely so, he created Devin, to keep him as his own son, promising to take care for him just like a real father would. .Devin didn't go to school, instead he learned by reading and studying textbooks, growing up fast. When it was his 15th birthday, Alister died in front of him, having suffered a heart attack and for weeks Devin cried, mourning for his father. Now he lived by himself in a old mansion, save the maids and butlers that weren't much help at all.He now lived in a place called 'phoenix city' . The city was all about technoligy and gadgets. Alot of people never failed to notice that Devin had wings. They always talk behind his back and mostly stare at the wings. Devin always glared at them, giving them a sign that they should look away. Devin couldn't fly, he could only glide. He tried to fly, once. But instead he fell on the ground, hard. Devin practiced all day and all night, but he still couldn't fly. Mostly, Devin went to Alister's grave or he would go to the mansion top and stare at the stars and full moon. Not much people talk to him, they only comment kindly about his wings. Devin only had 2 friends. They were twins named Zone and Zane. The twins were never seperated, they can read each others mind, they have the same feelings, and they mostly say things at the same time. Devin sometimes hung out with the twins, mostly he would practice his flying and gliding skills. Devin and the twins go to a school called "starlight high". The school was nice, but Devin thought he could not fit in with the humans just because he had wings. He thought he was the only mutant teenager in the world, but he was wrong.  
Mike was a 17 year old mutant teenager. He was created by a scientist named Pavel. Pavel was Alister's little brother, unti he was seperated by their parents. Pavel had alot of friends that grew up with him, but he wanted someone more better than his friends. So he created Mike with a D.N.A from a black crow and a human adult. Pavel thought his creation was so incredible, that he wanted to create more mutant kids. Mike thought it was a bad a idea, he always told him to stop, but Pavel never listened. Pavel got arrested for stealing exotic animals. Pavel went to prison and Mike went to a foster home. The foster home was worse than living in a junkyard, the building was always shaking, they always had to eat rice, the owner didn't care if the children were sick, rats and bugs were running around, the house was disgusting, and nobody could take a step outside of the building. Mike hated the foster home so much, he escaped with all the owner's money. Mike flew to a place called "obani city". The city was all about happiness and joy, he thought it was a good place to stay. Mike's friends were Gissele and Xele. Gissele is a silent girl that mostly writes in her journal, she is sometimes a one-word person. Xele is a teenage boy that mostly likes to hang out with Mike, he always likes to be "swagg" and he always took his earphones everywhere he goes. Mike mostly practices his flying skills with his friends, he was glad to have friends. Mike and his friends go to a school called "quail hollow high". Alot of people stare at Mike's wings, but Mike doesn't care. Mike knew there was a mutant person just like him, he was going to find out soon.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

~Devin

The sun rose up, the moon was disappearing, birds started chirping, bees were buzzing, dogs were barking, school bells were ringing, parents went to work, and the fog was clearing away. Devin was walking to the bus stop, seeing Zone and Zane waiting there. His bookbag was hanging on his left shoulder. 

"hey guys" Devin said.

"hey" they both said at the same time.

Devin thought it was a little freaky, but he knew twins were like that. The twins were looking their Ipad. Devin settled his bookbag on the ground and laid his back on a tree, his wings were spreaded. He looked at the sky, seeing the bluejays and blackbirds flying around. Devin felt a bird on his shoulder, it was a hummingbird. Devin smiled and petted the small creature. The twins looked at him and gasped.

"how did you do that" Zane said. 

"I don't know, it must've been my wings" Devin lightly took the humming bird in his hand. 

He rubbed his thumb on the small bird's wings. The hummingbird flew away, Zone and Zane watched it go. Zane sighed. They heard the bus coming, Devin got his bookbag. The bus looked dirty and old, they knew it wasn't going to be a fun ride. The bus stopped in front of them, they got in. Devin saw alot of trash in the bus and the seats were ripped. He sat in the front, the twins sat next to him. The bus started moving, the seats started shaking. People stared at his wings, they started talking about his wings. Devin had to bend his back, so his wings weren't get damaged. The twins were looking at their shoes, making sure they were sqeaky clean. Devin noticed a person looking at him. It was a kid with a headgear, he was drooling. Devin gave a wierd look at him. 

"hey" the kid said.

"he-hey" Devin said, still giving him a wierd look. 

"I leek youg wangs" the kid couldn't talk well because of his headgear. 

"...okay" Devin said, akwardly.

"ma hame ish marh" the boy said.

"I think he said his name is mark" Zone said, Mark nodded.

"wa yo mama aye birf" Mark said.

"...no, I never had a mom" Devin said.

"hoe dic yo da gey pregat" Mark said.

"um... I don't know" 

"were yo borf ig a egg" 

"I don't know" 

"I leek yo wangs" 

"you already said that" Devin was getting annoyed.

"da yo wan ta see my thrig pipple" Mark said.

"no, we're fine" Devin said.

But Mark already pulled up his shirt.

"holy shi-" Zane covered Zone's mouth. 

They looked away, disgusted. Mark was still showing up his third n****e. Devin was about to throw up. 

"ya wagga tock" Mark said, getting ontop of the seat. Devin shook his head. The bus was coming close to a speed bump. Zone and Zane moved to another seat. Devin was about to follow them, but the bus already ran on a speed bump, making Mark fell ontop of him. Devin screamed and pushed him off. The bus finally arrived at the school. Devin and the twins ran outside the bus, Devin ran towards the bathroom, he was pouring all the soap on his arm and hands. He scubbed hard and fast, turning his skin red. When all the soap was gone, he went out of the bathroom, The twins was standing near the bathroom, waiting for him.

"dude, look at your skin" Zone said.

"I know, I needed that nerd's germs to come off" Devin said.

"so where is your class room" Zane asked.

Devin pointed at the door that was close to them, the teacher was standing next to the door, texting another teacher. 
"hey Ms.haven" Devin waved, the teacher didn't smile, she only waved back. 

Devin went inside the classroom, the twins were following him. He found his name on a chair in the middle, The twins sat next to him. They waited for the other students to come in. Zone was clicking his pen, Zane was tapping her pen on the table. They waited 14 minutes, until then all the students was already in their desks. All the students kept staring ar his wings, including the teacher. The teacher was already taking attendence.

"okay class, today's warm up is to write about yourself in your journals" Ms. haven said. "now get started, you only have twenty minutes" 

Devin rose his hands.

"yes mr.dreck" Ms. haven said.

"um, how am I suppose to to do my work with everybody staring at me" Devin said.

"just go with it" Ms.haven said, rudely.

"good grief" Devin facepalmed.

"if you have something to say, tell it to the princapal" Ms.haven said.

"no ma'am" Devin said.

He knew that this school wasn't going to be so fun, the twins did too. 
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

~Mike

It was very early in the morning, there was alot of fog outside, owls were still hooting, cats were meowing, and the moon was still appearing in the sky. Mike was walking down the street with Xele and Gissele, heading to school. Xele was dancing and walking at the same time, Gissele was watching Xele dancing. Mike had his eyes closed and his hands behind his head. Xele was still dancing until he bumped into Mike.

"would you watch where your going" Mike growled.

"sorry man, I was jusf trying to warm up the babe-magnet" Xele smirked and stretched. 

"the only thing that you attracte is dead bugs because of that cologne your wearing" Mike laughed.

"my cologne brings up hotness and style" Xele raised his arms up, Mike and Gissele coughed.

"or death" Gissele coughed out.

Xele put his arms down and kept walking with them, he putted his headphones on and pressed play on his mp3 player, he started dancing again. Mike chuckled and looked foward, they were getting closer to school. Gissele was waving her notebook in the air, trying to find her way through the fog. 

"here, let me help" Mike said. He stopped and turned around, he started flapping his wings, making the fog go away. In seconds, all the fog was gone, they continued walking.

"useful wings" Gissele smiled at Mike.

"I guess you could say that" He scratched behind his head.

They were getting closer to school. A car passed them, almost killing them, Xele fell back. He growled and got back up.

"you better sleep with one eye open during sleep time you old-a*s freak" He shouted.

The car stopped and backed up, heading towards them. Xele noticed the person in the car was a jock. The jock got out and glared at him, he walked towards him. Xele hid behind Mike's wings. The jock stood in front of Mike, he bent down and glared at Xele, his breath went directly at Mike's nose, Mike backed away from the horrible stench.

"dude, get a breath mint, you smell like a cat's a*s" Mike pinched his nose.

"what did you say to me when I was driving" The jock growled.

"hmpf, I guess thats you didn't hear me, I said you better watch your back because the lion is gonna attack" Mike smirked.

"what tiger" the jock glared harder.

Mike chuckled for a second, the jock gave him a wierd look. Mike roared in his face, sounding more like a reall lion. the jocked backed away in fear, he noticed Mike's sharp teeth. Mike stopped his roar, the jock ran away. Gissle and Mike chuckled, Xele face was shoked.

"what the- ... who in the- ... but I thought-... whoa" Xele said, his jaw dropped.

"I just released the inner power of my voice" Mike rubbed his throat.

"didn't that hurt" Gissle said.

"...it will in a few minutes, maybe lets just go, and then I'll go to the nurse's office" Mike said. 

They walked in the school building, trouble was awaiting.


© 2012 ∠( ᐛ 」∠)_


Author's Note

∠( ᐛ 」∠)_
Any misspelled words? My HTC EVO isn't the best thing to type with :P
Any reviews?

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Awesome chapter!!!! Reminds me of maximum ride :)
Keep it up cuz! :D

Posted 11 Years Ago


I like it I'm adding this to my libary

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 11 Years Ago


∠( ᐛ 」∠)_

11 Years Ago

Thanks for reading ^_^
there somethings wrong i think..
a eagle's wing must be an eagle's wing and technology, you wrong to spell it..
btw, like your story.. whaitiing for the next chapter...

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 11 Years Ago


∠( ᐛ 」∠)_

11 Years Ago

I guess you right, I really have to fix a lot of things in this prologue '_'
Thanks for readi.. read more
So far this is good. I like the Idea and i hope you will keep rolling with it.

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 11 Years Ago


∠( ᐛ 」∠)_

11 Years Ago

Thanks for reading ^_^
hmmmmm not bad the what i'll call "About Section" of the two characters sentencing was pretty repeative, alot of Devin this, Devin that, and short sentences that could be made complex by adding an and, it would cut out alot of the repitition. As for the first day of school lord that kid was freaky, but was it necassary to constantly say everyone was staring at his wings? That had kinda been established the first 3 times you'd said it. Good start just work on having more sentence diversity and better spelling and this will be a lot more enjoyable 80/100

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 11 Years Ago


∠( ᐛ 」∠)_

11 Years Ago

Okay :D
Tsukin Archangel

11 Years Ago

>:3 I'll have to go to bed soon but i'll get it back to u asap
∠( ᐛ 」∠)_

11 Years Ago

That's okay :)
Awesome ^_^ I LOL about the headgear kid XD
I can't wait for chapter 1 :D

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 11 Years Ago


∠( ᐛ 」∠)_

11 Years Ago

Thanks so much for reading :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

270 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on August 12, 2012
Last Updated on August 17, 2012


Author

∠( ᐛ 」∠)_
∠( ᐛ 」∠)_

Idk, Penguins, Antarctica



About
Weebs more..

Writing