Samia

Samia

A Poem by Plagued Monumentally
"

This is explaining a part of me. Mostly one of my personalities. -- Pronounced "sam-eye-uh"

"
samia, samia, the listener from above
the only one of us that's capable of love
my sweet angel of innocence and perception
you're lovely mind is made up of greed and self-deception

the lovely wife of Acaeus, who is stubborn
and your lovely spiritual daughter who was left unborn
my sweet little angel of contemplation
why do you have to fool those with manipulation?

blonde shimmery locks that fall around your face
and those gray-blue eyes that will always be hard to replace
your porcelain skin that's noticeable at dark
and your thin lips that create such a spark

samia, samia, the listener from above
the only person that we are allowed to think of

© 2011 Plagued Monumentally


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I loved the way you used the aabb ccdd structure - somehow you maintained a sweet and soft flow despite the tricky rhymes :) I loved the way you described Samia like a shadow of yourself - it was a lovely, deep meaning for a poem of this length. The imagery (like the meaning) was original, and beautiful. I loved how you not only included simalies, but made the pem itself into a huge metaphor. The overall effect was a serene and somehow chilling piece that I really loved. Well done :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


beautiful write! i love the description in this :) It really makes it easier to appreciate this because it is explaining a part of you and honestly I feel like I know you a little better because of it. My favorite line is "the only person capable of love" because it makes it sound like this is you're "loving side" the side hat cares for people the most and you make her sound amazing! great job Cassidy!!! and thanks for posting and sharing something so personal with us :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


I should preface this with a note that I don't really understand poetry that much (at least in terms of what's "right" or "wrong").

I like it overall.

A few things:
1) "your lovely spiritual daughter that was left unborn..."

Generally, when you're modifying a person, you should use "who" instead of "that."

Example: "I'm a person who sucks at reviewing poetry." (as opposed to "I'm a person that sucks at reviewing poetry.")

2) Is shimmery a word? Seems to be but I've always only heard "shimmering." Cool. I seem to have learned something new.

3) In your explanation section up there you said "This is explaining part of me. Mostly one of my personalities." Are you multiple/plural, or did you just mean an aspect of your personality? Always curious to meet plural writers if it's the former. If the latter, I've never considered writing about an aspect of who I am, so I find the concept pretty neat.

Cheers,
Nic

Posted 12 Years Ago


i liked it. it is new and unique great job!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Very interesting write. Keep on penning.

Posted 12 Years Ago


I wonder why she is "the only one of us capable of love" this line captured me. I also was stirred into thinking it through when I read "your porcelain skin that's noticable at dark".
I am reading this first because the name caught my eye, also I read your profile and wanted to read your other personalities. I have characters which are other sides of my personality in some of my stories.


Posted 12 Years Ago


Hauntingly beautiful. Powerfully written. Loved it.

Posted 12 Years Ago


This is such a hauntingly beautiful piece! Your word choice is sharp, raw and eerie. Very powerful stanzas, as well! Great work = ]

-Femme_Gothique (Brittany)

Posted 12 Years Ago


This is well written. I love it. Keep up the good work. Keep writing! :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


Very cool work. The rhyme and imagery are pitch perfect.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

310 Views
12 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 27, 2011
Last Updated on August 7, 2011

Author

Plagued Monumentally
Plagued Monumentally

MS



About
So it's been a couple years since I've been on this site, and lots has changed. Most of my writing is between two to three years difference to the stuff I'm writing now. Please pay attention to the di.. more..

Writing