Sins of Yesterday

Sins of Yesterday

A Story by Plagued Monumentally
"

Idek.

"
"Get off of me, get off of me!" Kizira screamed, scratching her skin until it started bleeding. Scratching something that wasn't even there. Scratching something that nobody could actually see. 
Kizira closed her eyes, sweat pouring down her beautiful white face. Her fingernails digging into her arms, blood squirting from her wounds and under her fingernails. That would be a reminder of her fears the next time she saw what was under her fingernails.
But yet she couldn't get the feeling that there were insects crawling on her. Under her skin. She felt them everywhere, and no matter how many times she scratched, the feeling just wouldn't go away.
There were times when she would scratch for hours, and with each scratch the feeling just got worse and worse. 
At this point, Kizira was bawling her eyes out. Tears shot out of her eyes, wanting the feeling of things under her skin gone.
They would go away for a couple days, then they would come back worse than ever. Each couple of days got worse. 
"Kizira, are you in there?" The loud pounding of the door hurt Kizira's ears up to a point where she started screaming. 
"Go away!" She screamed, her hands coming away from her arms and to her head, pulling her hair, wanting it all to just stop. The voices in her head, the crawling feeling on her skin, the images she got in her head whenever she closed her eyes.
"Kizira, open this damn door before I break it down!" A male voice said on the other end, but Kizira didn't want it to be the guy that was talking. The guy that was talking was someone that had to take care of her every time she had a breakdown like this.
Kizira didn't want to move, she didn't want to be welcomed by a bright face. She didn't want any lights to be turned on when he got in there, she just wanted him to leave and leave her alone. But she knew that he wasn't going to go anywhere. And that was something she really hated; his stubbornness.
"Kizira, if you don't open it right now...Just open the damn door Kizira!" His voice was getting more impatient now, the feeling growing with every word he said out loud. 
Kizira got up, her legs shaking with each step to the door. She didn't want him to see her red and swollen face. She didn't want him to see her bloody arms and her bloodshot eyes. 
But she found herself walking towards the door instead.
She unlocked the door, hearing the click that wasn't normally loud, but was extremely loud. She felt like she could hear everything. She felt like she could hear every breath of Sav behind the door.
After she unlocked it, the door swung open. If she didn't back up right then, she would've gotten hit in the face. 
The feeling of things crawling on her got worse, she felt like she would explode. She hated feeling like this. She didn't get what was happening to her. 
Sav took one look at her, and it was enough to tell him that she wasn't doing so well. Between the screaming, and the blood pouring down her arms, it looked like  he got the picture loud and clear.
He pulled Kizira into his arms, and she couldn't stop the tears from coming. She couldn't bare to be in his arms anymore. But every time she struggled, he would just hold her more tightly, not letting go. 
"Sav! They're all over me! Sav! Help me!" She screamed into his chest, fighting the urge to scratch, but it was no use. All the fighting in the world just made her even more weak.
Everyone had weaknesses. But it just so happened the Kizira's was more noticeable than others.
"Nothings there, Kizira. Nothings there. Its just your imagination. Nothing is there, sweetie. Nothing, just listen to me, okay? Just let me hold you. Let me help you, Kizira, please." Sav told her sternly, not letting go of her.
Kizira kept crying in his chest. She heard the words he spoke to her, but she couldn't say anything back. She was scared when he finally let go, and she would  have to look up at his face in sheer vulnerability.
"Shh, Kizira. You're going to be okay." Sav kept holding, not caring if her neighbors could hear her screaming. All that mattered in that moment was keeping Kizira sane. Nothing scared him more than loosing her. Nothing scared him more than knowing he could of done something to help her. This was the least he could do. 
He didn't understand what she was going through, and he didn't think he would want to. He hated seeing Kizira so upset, so scared and bleeding. The images would forever be burned in his memory up until the day he died.
"They..are..everywhere." Kizira said in between sobs. Her breaths coming up short, she felt like the world was suffocating her.
"As long as I'm here, nothings going to get you. Listen to me, every word of it Kizira. You're going to be alright after this. You know why? Because I'll do everything I can to help you. Just let me in, just let me help you."
Kizira nodded wildly, wanting everything to just stop and for everything to just magically disappear into thin air.
"I'll let you in, I'll let you help me. I'll do anything you ask."
Sav kept holding Kizira, the door wide open, but he didn't have a care in the world. In that moment, he just held her and felt as if they were one. As if that he could feel everything that she was feeling.
As a tear stroll down his face, he knew that there would be more break downs like this. But he would do everything he could to protect his wife. 
Anything.

© 2011 Plagued Monumentally


Author's Note

Plagued Monumentally
I know I just ended it like *snap*
But I just had this image in my head, and I wanted to write it all down. I guess I could work on making it more structured, but for now I think it was powerful. Thank you for reading, and reviews are greatly appreciated. :D

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This story is very interesting. It grabbed my attention right from the start which is half the battle in writing. I have a couple suggestions and a couple comments on parts that I really liked.

"But yet she couldn't get the feeling that there were insects crawling on her."
This is more of a technical one...I think you just left a word out of this sentence so it sounds kind of off. In my eyes it should say something like "But yet she couldn't get rid of the feeling there were insects crawling on her."


"At this point, Kizira was bawling her eyes out."
I think bawling her eyes out is kind of a flat description of her crying. It would really liven up this paragraph if you went into more detail and described how she was crying rather than just stating that she was balling her eyes out.

"Kizira got up, her legs shaking with each step to the door. She didn't want him to see her red and swollen face. She didn't want him to see her bloody arms and her bloodshot eyes."
I loved this line! It literally gave me chills thinking about her disheveled appearance and how she wanted to hide it.

"Everyone had weaknesses. But it just so happened the Kizira's was more noticeable than others."
I like this line because I think it really describes her situation well and the helpless feelings she gets from her weakness and the fact that it is so visible.

I think it was a really good start and I would like to see more of it!


Posted 12 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I like how it ended. Keep up the great work.

Posted 12 Years Ago


This is intense. It is also so moving and sweet that he loved her so deeply that he go to any lengths for her.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Talk about intense! My mind flashed over neurological disorders, schizophrenia and any number of things that may result in such a scene. I'm kind of glad you never explained it. then, I had the wicked thought that she was in an asylum and after the restrain her and leave her alone, the bugs would REALLY start crawling out of her skin... I'm sick like that.

The emotions expressed by both characters was genuine. I was deeply moved. Incorporating something like this in a larger story would really grip folks and make them think. Great stuff!

Posted 12 Years Ago


This is a phobia at its worst. The details are clear and it gives you a vivid understand to her mindset.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Wow.. Major phobia meets delusional psychosis. That was good

Posted 12 Years Ago


This is really captivating and twisted. This reminds me psychopath who believes in demons and summoning and all that rubbish. The short paragraphs make the story more sharp. I really enjoyed reading this. The way it begins is blunt and effective.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Loved it! Keep writing! :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


At first I thought it was going to end with her dead but then I was a bit relieved that she survived.

Posted 12 Years Ago


At first you think this is going to be a cheap horror story. Then you get to the end, and discover it's actually a semi-genius piece of work. Yes, it's a bit vague, and I'm left wanting to know what was wrong with her, but the fact we are thrown straight into the heart of her mind state is well done. Again there's unneeded description in places but the premise of this story is extremely interesting.

.novelists.elite.info.
.display. AzureFire
.memberID. 033
.division. IV
.division.leader. Vacant
.name. Gayna
.username. BackToDecember
.novels. Nimbus, Light After Fire, By Candlelight
.status. New Member
.join date. 07-11-11

Posted 12 Years Ago


Well, at first, I was kind of on edge. But as I began to read, I started to sympathize with Kizira. Excellent work as usual, my dear. :D

Posted 12 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

732 Views
26 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 12, 2011
Last Updated on August 15, 2011

Author

Plagued Monumentally
Plagued Monumentally

MS



About
So it's been a couple years since I've been on this site, and lots has changed. Most of my writing is between two to three years difference to the stuff I'm writing now. Please pay attention to the di.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..