Kyero - Before you

Kyero - Before you

A Chapter by Plagued Monumentally

Kyero remembered that his mom wasn't going to be home late, so he was stuck walking home. Not that he minded walking, he just had a short patience. He opened the doors of the school, glad that detention was finally over, to see a blonde hair girl sitting on the sidewalk of the parking lot, her face buried in her face.
As she grew closer, he noticed the familiar face of Medea. Not too long ago she was smiling and making jokes, and now she looked like she was crying.
"Medea?" Kyero said softly, hesitating as he got a little closer to her.
Medea's head shot up, and turned her head to see Kyero. She sighed and turned her head straight forward and wiped her tears. 
Kyero didn't like it when people cried. He knew how much he hated it when he cried because people could see the vulnerable side to him. But there were times when he just couldn't help it.
Kyero kept walking until he was standing above Medea. He crouched down and sat next to her in a friendly manner, and peered sideways at her. "Are you okay?"
Medea nodded no longer than 2 seconds after Kyero asked the question. "I'm okay. Its just that-" 
Medea was cut off when they both heard someone walking, their heels making a clicking nose with each step. They turned around to see the teacher substitute English teacher; Mrs. Laroche.
"Oh, hi guys." Mrs. Laroche said in a fake surprise that made Kyero raise his eyebrows.
"Hi Mrs. Laroche," Medea said, eyeing her curiously. 
"What are you two doing here?" She said to the both of them, looking at Medea's face and her breath got cut short. "Medea? Are you alright?" 
Medea exhaled loudly, her lips parting. "I wish everyone would quit asking me that. I'm fine. My dad was suppose to pick me up, and he isn't here yet." 
Kyero wondered what was keeping her father.
"And Kyero?" Mrs. Laroche looked over at him, starring at him for a couple seconds.
"My mom gets home late, so I was going to walk. But then I saw Medea, and now here we are."
"Do you two need a ride?" Mrs. Laroche looked down at her car keys, acting like it wasn't a big deal.
Medea smiled lightly, and then nodded. "Well, I would like one. I'm not so sure about Kyero. Thanks for the offer."
Kyero looked at Medea. Was she crazy? This woman was practically a stranger, and now she was accepting a ride from someone they both barely knew.
Medea glanced at Kyero and knew that he was thinking. "Hey, the principle wouldn't of hired her if she was bad," she whispered. 
Kyero studied her for a moment, then looked at Mrs. Laroche and nodded. "I guess that would be okay. Thanks." He got up, then extended his hand to Medea. She took it and he pulled her up.
"Thanks," she mumbled. Kyero barely heard it, and kept his eyes on Mrs. Laroche as they both walked behind her to her car.
"I have a bad feeling about this," Kyero whispered to Medea.
"Don't be silly. You're over analyzing things." 
"That's all I know what to do." 
"I've noticed," Medea said finally. Kyero knew already that she liked to get the last word out of a conversation. That was something he found attractive in a way that he had no idea why.
When they finally approached the car, Mrs. Laroche unlocked the doors automatically, and they both climbed into the backseat. 
After they all buckled in, Mrs. Laroche started the car and locked the doors. Kyero thought it was a little odd. 
"Thank you again, Mrs. Laroche." Medea said sweetly.
"Oh, please. Call me Brina." She replied.
She nodded and looked out the window, and Kyero did the same. 
"So, Medea, I'll need the instructions to get to your house." Brina's eyes were focused on the road, but Kyero noticed a smirk form on her thin lips. 
"Oh. If you keep going down this road, then turn left and keep going, there will be Riville High Way, you'll  have to take that. When you come to Safeway, just keep going straight and then you'll see a complex called Hillcrest. Just turn in there and you're there."
Kyero raised his eyebrows as he realized that Medea's house was less than 6 blocks away from Kyero's. 
What were the chances of that?
"And you Kyero?" Brina asked.
Kyero was a little skeptical at first. He didn't really want this stranger to know where he lived, but if Medea could trust her, then I guess he can too. "After you drop off Medea, you keep going past Hillcrest, then turn left and down that long street. Then there is a road that goes uphill called Savvy Garden. My house is the 5th in." He said clearly. 
"Perfect." Brina mumbled. If Kyero wasn't so focused on  her, he probably wouldn't of heard it.
Something wasn't right here. But Kyero just wanted to get home before he could find out what it was. 


"Oh, you missed the turn off." Medea said once they exited the high way. Medea turned around and looked out the back window and pouted. "That's okay. You can turn around in the empty parking lot ahead." 
Brina gripped her hands on the steering wheel a little more tightly, and nodded. She intentionally missed the entrance point to the parking lot and kept going. 
"Um..." Her voice wandered off when she looked at Brina. "You missed it again." 
Brina said nothing.
All color from Kyero's and Medea's face drained, leaving them with a white appearance. He could feel Medea starring at him, but he didn't have the guts to look at her scared face. 
"What are you doing?" Kyero said bravely. He was surprised at how loud his voice came out. He felt shaky inside, but didn't want anyone else to see that.
Once again, Brina didn't answer.
There was a sick feeling in the bottom of Kyero's stomach that made him regret accepting Brina's offer. "What do you want with us?"
"You'll see soon enough. Oh boy, Kalliope is going to be so proud that I brought you guys in so soon." Brina said, smiling to herself.
"Who's Kalliope?" Medea asked, her hands trembling a little bit.
"I said you'll see soon enough. Shut up and wait." 
"You do know as soon as my mom comes home and doesn't see me there, she'll be worried. You won't get away with this." Kyero taunted her.
"I've dealt with your parents." Brina smiled again. But this time, that smile sent shivers up Kyero's spine.


© 2011 Plagued Monumentally


Author's Note

Plagued Monumentally
Next chapter is going to be a little short. But this time it'll be Channon and Valerius's point of view. (If you don't know who they are, Channon is Kyero's mother, and Valerius is Medea's father.) You'll see what Brina meant by "I've dealt with your parents."

Thank you for reading! Reviews and constructive criticism are highly appreciated.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I loved how you ended this chapter! Well done.

Posted 12 Years Ago


This is weird. They're being driven away for a higher purpose. What ARE, the chances of that?

Posted 12 Years Ago


Nice chapter noble presentation...........

Posted 12 Years Ago


I doubt that someone can bury their face in their face *4th sentence.*
Kyero is still male *5th sentence*
Wouldn't have hired her *39th sentence*

Okay, scary Brina. Never trust a teacher, again a great lesson learned. Well done, loved the chapter. See, always listen to Kyero.

Posted 12 Years Ago


A lot of opening of new mysteries in this chapter. I like the conversation and the situation being create in the story. I like the ending to a very good chapter.
Coyote

Posted 12 Years Ago


Smooth flow of conversation. Very readable.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Ah, my dear, you love to grab my attention with your stories..
I will soon become obsessed! XD

Posted 12 Years Ago


Hm, I'm still not convinced Brina is a bad guy, although it alludes to her being one. A lot of the writing needs work- you tell far too much.

"What are you doing?" Kyero said bravely.
All color from Kyero's and Medea's face drained, leaving them with a white appearance.
"Oh, hi guys." Mrs. Laroche said in a fake surprise that made Kyero raise his eyebrows.

It's either overdescription or telling too much in areas. A fairly small critique but it's a bit off-putting when you're actually reading it. I feel the chapters are slowing it down a little though- there should be less chapters. Not much happens in the chapters, so you could afford to run a few together after you've done the initial character chapters. Otherwise, when it's chapter after chapter of dialogue or not much action the reader gets a bit tired.





Posted 12 Years Ago


OMIGAWD. BRILLIANT CHAPTER. I think I'm going to die from the awesomeness. I can't see anything wrong with it, everything is right! Well done! MORE. NOW. OR. DIE.

Posted 12 Years Ago


oh man, i had a feelin that was going to happen... and i cant wait for the next chapter!! i love this so far and your doing a great job of hooking the reader right from the start, and the ends are perfect so people want to keep reading!! Great Job!!!!!

Posted 12 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

504 Views
12 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 15, 2011
Last Updated on August 15, 2011


Author

Plagued Monumentally
Plagued Monumentally

MS



About
So it's been a couple years since I've been on this site, and lots has changed. Most of my writing is between two to three years difference to the stuff I'm writing now. Please pay attention to the di.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


A View on Life A View on Life

A Poem by Thea


Room 8611 Room 8611

A Poem by Tasha