Pain

Pain

A Poem by Tony Hwilka

One thing about being elderly and alone all you have is your memories. And they come in patches of different ages. Sitting in a room with stacks of magazines and newpapers, dust and cobwebs. With blinds down I smell of urine and body odor. How could I let my life get this way?

 

It just happened -- I don't think so! Was it when my back hurt so bad I could not bathe or get to the tolet in time. Is it because I miss you so much since you passed and took my dreams with you. Tell me! Am I death waiting to die, no dreams, no goals nor do I have friends or relatives now alive. Life for me is sitting in a chair or lying in bed. From time to time I talk with you. Oh wait I do go to the market next door once a week. This is what my life has boiled down too, a frial shell of acking bones and thinly skin of pain. A far cry from that youthful man you loved and felt safe wth. God, if you could see me now,  I would disgust you. Soon my mind will die and then I will be sitting -- waiting not knowing my body is eating itsef to dust. 

 

 

 

Tony Hwilka

 

© 2009 Tony Hwilka


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

154 Views
Added on September 29, 2008
Last Updated on June 11, 2009

Author

Tony Hwilka
Tony Hwilka

Willingboro, NJ



About
In the land of poetry I've been very luckly. I have had my own poetry show on radio station WTTM Trenton N.J. reading my poetry from 1982 -- 1990. Was president of the Southern Poets of N.J. and still.. more..

Writing