Eraser 7 pm

Eraser 7 pm

A Poem by Muse

 

 photo tumblr_mjnv1bT1QS1r16l00o1_500_zps1496eaea.jpg

 

 

 

 

 

 

Nausea...

It always seems to strike, when one feels down.

But then again...

maybe it was the smell of fresh afterbirth, it

glistened, as it covered the ground.

A living oddity swam within the placenta.

There was an umbilical cord; wrapped tightly

around its throat.

I watched...

as it tried to breathe, gurgle, and choke.

Thoughts of murder wretched inside of my head.

I pulled the cord tighter.

One cannot save...what is already dying and dead.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Note to readers:

 

If reading this for the first time, one might think I'm talking about a real abortion. But it is a metaphor, a follow-up poem from Eraser 6. In my opinion insecurites can grow inside you like a pregnancy, wanted or unwanted it is there, you can do your best to purge it out, but it's still there, like a monster.

© 2014 Muse


Author's Note

Muse


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review




Reviews

Sometimes...all we can do is watch the life drain second by tyrant second...and yet, the emotions give birth at the pinnacle of death, every time x

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Very nice. I found myself contorting my face as if to a malodorous environment. You paint a vivid and powerful portrait. I cannot say this enough... I LOVE it.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

ah good write again nice follow up to eraser

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Somehow I got the meaning before the authors note. I'm proud of myself. You don't seem to be the killing sort.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I tried to read this from the beginning, but no
'The nausea that attacks me in such sitations
tears me up.... I understand the metaphors and
symbolism , but you are still very attractive and
a very sensual woman..... Sorry, it gets me.
Guess that is a summary of what you can do with
your writing. You are a powerful girl.'
--------'Eagke Cryagg


Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I liked this but in the same way I enjoy seeing a MotorHead Concert or fight at a Bart Train station. I liked the originality of it and the complete kick to the face.





Sweet job.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Do we pull the cord around our soul or around the flaws that grow within that soul? Can we kill one without destorying the other? If not, are we then doomed if we allow this "birth" beyond term?
I feel we can birth many things for our betterment or for our demise. Yet this choice must be made when the "penatration" of our psyche is allowed. We become our thoughts.
I love this series Muse. Great work.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Scary but fun!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Within your words there is a distinct atmosphere of sorrow. I was thinking of something that Poe had written as I deliberated over the gravity of this poem, so I googled what I could remember so that you might enjoy it, too. I found it relevant to this:

“From childhood's hour I have not been. As others were, I have not seen. As others saw, I could not awaken. My heart to joy at the same tone. And all I loved, I loved alone.” -Edgar Allen Poe.

I suppose this quote made me think of you (or vise versa) because there is something so wonderfully unorthodox about your writing. You have this unconventional mystery where you challenge the reader to unwrap your words and inspect them on a more deeply conscious level; with a rich use of symbolism that can be both remarkable and puzzling at the same time. I like this poem because of its rawness, because to some degree, we're all suffocating within the confines of mortality. In life, we're horribly limited by our perceptions, and death is a thing that looms on the horizon like a bad feeling that you'll never completely shake.... also, I love that you're a great fan of NIN. Trent Reznor is also my favorite musician/artist... Great write.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Muse

11 Years Ago

I'm going to include a note to readers. If reading this for the first time, one might think I'm talk.. read more
Kristallo

11 Years Ago

Yeah, I presumed the metaphor for abortion being to expel the bad feelings within yourself. It was a.. read more
This gave me shivers. It is amazing you command over words. I wished I had that ability. You can always take something from your words. I was wondering after the last one if there was going to be birth. Awesome work.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

530 Views
11 Reviews
Added on March 17, 2013
Last Updated on June 8, 2014




Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Compartment 114
Compartment 114