World on fire...

World on fire...

A Poem by Muse

            

 

 

 

 

 

 

                                

          no

 

 

 

 

 
                                
         no one can save me
 
 
 
 
 
         no
 
 
                
                        no one can save me
 
 
                                                
no one can save me but you
 
 
 
                    my world was on fire
 
 
 
            what a wicked desire
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
                                 An ocean made of sapphire
 
 
 
                  my heart is breaking for you
 
 
 
                                   our secret Eden caught fire
 
 
                                                
 
                           no one can save me but you
            
 
 
                                    
    I was treading an empire
 
 
 
                    dreaming and believing in you
 
 
 
                                our dance felt like barbwire
 
 
 
            lost in the wavelength of you
 
 
 
                                    A mirage made of hellfire
 
 
 
                             looking and searching for you
 
 
 
                                    might our energy expire
 
 
    
                loathing and hoping for you
 
 
 
What an oppressive attire
 
 
 
        drowning and swimming in you
 
 
 
    your resentment I admired
 
 
 
burning and dying in you
 
 
 
        No one can save me
 
 
                
                  no
 
 
 
 
                  no one can save me
 
 
 
 
                             no
 
 
                                                
no one can save me
 
 
                                                
              no one can save me
 
 
 
 
   no one can save me but you
 
 
 
                    my world was on fire
 
 
 
            what a wicked desire
 
 
 
 
I never dreamed
 
 
 
         I'd meet somebody like you
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
                              
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 photo tumblr_lkkpdkzQUP1qjpihlo1_500_zps3822e757.jpg

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

  

© 2014 Muse


Author's Note

Muse



This time I could say I was truly inspired by both music and imagery. I wanted to see if I could spin off my own poem based on a famous song and some well-known lyrics. The reverberation of her voice made me feel like I was in a canyon surrounded by beautiful echoes...I tried to share this emotion the best I could, I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

And you have certainly achieved your goal.........the way you have formatted your gripping write is like that of an echo descending down the valley of desire while still so much on fire, but the fire being snuffed out little by little....AMAZING!! I love it!!! I am so often inspired by a video, or an image, or both so I can really relate to you wanting to create this piece!!!
A favorite of mine!!

Posted 10 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Muse

10 Years Ago

Glad you understood my vision Sheila...you are a master at presentation...so this is a major complim.. read more



Reviews

A nice write...Artistic form...:)

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Now that is art!. Bewitching.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

It seems that you've devised an very entertaining style of poetry. Passion shall never go out of fashion lest the human race goes into extinction. Passion is composed of three components: Bio-chemical , cultural, and mystical. The mystical component takes over as we get older and less affected by the other two components. Our reasoning ability moderates how far we take this natural bonding obsession. The brain of a young person isn't fully developed until they're 21 or 22 which means that their reasoning ability isn't at full capacity thus making them more prone to take passion to the extreme without moderation just as nature intended.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

wow the use of the font's and colour makes this poem very :) bewitching and marveling

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wonderful write.. i appreciate your skills :) Enjoyed reading this with an adorable background music :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wow, just wow.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Woah. I know I won't be the first last, or only one to tell you how amazing you are. But you definitely deserve it every f*****g time! I was on other tabs, reviewing poetry by others serially. Then the music had me alarmed and it sounded like it'd be coming from you. So I clicked here and sure enough, it was you! You really are a true artist even if this was inspired by this song. You're a visionary. I have no clue how you made the fading things happen, though. This is just the perfect piece of art! I sat here reading it wide eyed, scrolling down to see what more you had done with this one poem. I've missed reading your work like this! Hope to see you coming online more often...

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Lovely imagery and turn of phrase. Love the format and the way it flows , lyrical.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

flows more like lyrics to a song, down the rabbit hole so to speak, very good rhyme scheme.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I feel so happy! New work from one of my very favorite poets! Thank you Cobra.
Love this BTW.
The format was a visual flame. The fading in and out was on target with the tone of the write as well. You're about the only person I think can pull off this visual art with your poetic art and not look cheesy doing it. flaming parts of words red also give the feeling that the fire is spreading, burning back to the root of the thought.

OK... The thought here was just like a flame. A familiar warm and depth to the emotion is felt. Yet, at the same time, I feel my pulse quicken at the warning this may get too hot. I know how it feels to burn and be consumed in this flame. It is a wonderful and terrible death. I guess in a sense, "no one can save me". Not even "you". Because in "you" I am transformed into something/someone else... Thus the fading out felt even more valid.

I cold read your work all day long! I read almost every work you posted in two days because you write with such a fearless power even when the write is about losing all power.

Oh, did I mention I loved the poem? Ha.
Great work Cobra!

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

2496 Views
59 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 7 Libraries
Added on May 24, 2013
Last Updated on June 8, 2014
Tags: poem, poetry, love, desire, Cobra Lounge


Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Dear Lucifer Dear Lucifer

A Poem by Muse


Choke me Choke me

A Poem by Muse


Ours Ours

A Poem by Muse