Dear Lucifer

Dear Lucifer

A Poem by Muse

 

 

 

 

 

I am well

 

"thank you"

 

 

You asked about the storm

All I can say is

 

 

Yes

 

 

 it still thunders...

 

 

I truly believe that when lightning strikes

it always strikes in the same place twice

There has been no rain

 

 

"to stop the fire"

Therefore

 

 

My make-believe Eden burned to the ground

 

The energy of you

 

 

 

"I still feel"

 

 

 

 when nobody's around

 

 

 

 

 

© 2014 Muse


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

No rain to stop the raging inferno, yet, I rein. No thunder to chisel away at the sounds of screaming, but I scream thunderously. No relief from the pain...the misery. Yet, pain & misery are my relief.

This was something else, Muse! Ethereal, sublimely creepy...this was VERY good!

The overall presentation was astounding!

Posted 10 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Wow, that is all. That is all.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This interesting. Simple yet very well done. I do like it very much.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Stepped into the woods....
Waited...
I could feel the weight of the thing....
A wave static prickly skin side up cool shiver ....

Then a warm hollow filled the canyon....
and bright shut my eyes tight......
Crack !
Booming from rim to rim....

Silence again but for one lowly crinkled juniper ..

The mark of God in Lucifer's world,

Welcome Home Muse.......

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is a powerful poem you've penned. I like the formatting and font too. Great work from you muse.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Muse

10 Years Ago

Long time no see...

:)))
Relic

10 Years Ago

I thought about you though. :)
Wow, this is so amazing. I haven't felt the message of a poem like this in a while. This is really powerful. I've missed reading your work.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is really an interesting piece, I've been reading this over and over for many days now and only one scene comes to mind like a movie clip:

Pale woman by the tower window looking over a stormy city. Then lighting strikes and gone.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Muse

10 Years Ago

like I told Frieda...I wrote this in less than two minutes. My inspiration did strike quickly...much.. read more
It's true that "Lucifer" means "bearer of light" and Lucifer was the name of a brand of matches made during the 19th Century. No wonder the garden is burning!

While I'm talking about obscure allusions, have you ever read "The Storm" by Kate Chopin? Because the reference to a storm here reminded me of that, and its tale of an unsatisfied woman having an incendiary encounter with an old lover. But maybe I'm just reading way too much into this.

The lines in quotations make me wonder if they're being spoken aloud and the rest is just subtext.


Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Muse

10 Years Ago

one of my favorite reviews thus far..thank you
VennelaMargame

10 Years Ago

I'm glad I wasn't just spouting nonsense.
A write of empowerment here. Dreams can be wiped out by bad times in life, but if we are strong....both emotionally and physically....we can move onward and upward. A thought provoker for sure. Lydi**

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Muse

10 Years Ago

Thank you Lydia...
Perhaps you, we, need to feel that power in order to understand what it can do, whether once, twice, whatever? Your writing's more than .. it harnesses thoughts, tries to control them but, same time, take us somewhere unknown where examples are given and lessons learned. And, maybe, to join you? We believe what we have is enough but it only needs a nudge and then, all hell breaks out - or can: ' My make-believe Eden burned to the ground.. '

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Muse

10 Years Ago

Hello Emma...missed ya...so good to see your pure heart in my darker part of the world. I might need.. read more
emmajoy

10 Years Ago

Have my first aid kit at the ready! :)
This is thought provoking in so many ways. The thought that the devil is interested in your stamina to weather the storm, while burning your Eden to the ground. That his presence is still felt in your dream. But is nobody around because of his presence or the thunder. I like this piece, because you take me on a journey and then it loops around. And where are you during the reader’s travel: in make-believe Eden assessing your debris or alone inside a shelter from the storm? Definitely, felt the beginning of a movie trailer. True Slow Burn.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Muse

10 Years Ago

I love your insight...of course he wants our stamina. He is like a blood-sucking leach, feeding off .. read more
Flowrite

10 Years Ago

Absolutely, I feel that it is a series because the darkness is endless and the light you bring to it.. read more
Muse

10 Years Ago

Welcome to the café Flowrite, I hope to be reading more of you.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

3939 Views
67 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 6 Libraries
Added on July 29, 2013
Last Updated on June 24, 2014


Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


My Killing Jar My Killing Jar

A Poem by Muse


Ours Ours

A Poem by Muse