Dear Lucifer

Dear Lucifer

A Poem by Muse

 

 

 

 

 

I am well

 

"thank you"

 

 

You asked about the storm

All I can say is

 

 

Yes

 

 

 it still thunders...

 

 

I truly believe that when lightning strikes

it always strikes in the same place twice

There has been no rain

 

 

"to stop the fire"

Therefore

 

 

My make-believe Eden burned to the ground

 

The energy of you

 

 

 

"I still feel"

 

 

 

 when nobody's around

 

 

 

 

 

© 2014 Muse


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

No rain to stop the raging inferno, yet, I rein. No thunder to chisel away at the sounds of screaming, but I scream thunderously. No relief from the pain...the misery. Yet, pain & misery are my relief.

This was something else, Muse! Ethereal, sublimely creepy...this was VERY good!

The overall presentation was astounding!

Posted 10 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

So well put. Of course that lightening strikes in exactly the same place as it always does. There is no escaping that. It's in our doomed being. Your writing is as beautifully heartbreaking as ever.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Muse

10 Years Ago

Thank you Frank. Hope you are well? It is good seeing all of you on the café again.
I feel this to my core.. Drawn back to the times when I still could feel..xo

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Destructive force watching over you at all times, it's almost like you're letting the fallen angel know he's a part of your life, you acknowledge his presence and you're not telling him to go away. It's some sort of friendship and I like it! So what if everything else false to s**t, at least there's someone to fall back on. Some people are going to view this as him being a force of evil and undoing but I see this as a letter between friends..^_-

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wickedly clever indeed... the Dark Muse rises.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Muse

10 Years Ago

Lucifer was the radiant light-bearer to some that witnessed him...for others, if you ask them...he i.. read more
The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

10 Years Ago

"See the Devil he is so intense
See the Devil go and change his name
What's the going pr.. read more
Muse

10 Years Ago

The devil
will have you bury your own sins with a shovel
his hell is unforgiving...
read more
I can only speak what I see in the woven ink before me. I see not the devil's tongue flicking into the wounds of a dry tomorrow... No, I see the devil being mankind and the lighting the opression and negative fires that burn a heart sparks will to grow on. This cavitation of spirit is the storm and the over all feeling of the piece is acknowledging that the heart still feels the heat from it's dealings with man.

Just my take on it. =) Thanks for sharing!
Aaron

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Muse

10 Years Ago

Your analogy is spot-on. Despite the excuse of being fallible...fire will always burn...we are human.. read more
The poem tells a truth. It is hard for me to think in terms of, "Dear" when I think of the name Lucifer, but even the "fallen one" was once the most dear angel in all of the known universe.
"The energy of you", is a line that is deceptively critical as it should be.
Lucifer is the "Great Deceiver". The lies or "energy" are felt until the end of days.
This is a poem to understand and to warn, but not to keep internalized.
We can be "whole" in a sense of sharing the power of God. The sensation, "I still feel" can be felt outside of who we are, because it is Lucifer's energy, not our own, as the lie would suppose the victim to feel.

I love how you challenge my mind in your poetry!

You may not feel well, but you can be well... ;) (I read the quote on your profile page. I'm not sure I agree completely even though I can see the point.)
It was great to read my friends poetry today!

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

 David Scott

10 Years Ago

Did you think I meant everyone should comply with a "norm"?
I wonder if it might be wise let t.. read more
Muse

10 Years Ago

I think the café is a club for misfits. Perhaps we should start our own breakfast club?
 David Scott

10 Years Ago

Ha! I think we should or maybe already have...
i love this and see several levels...the storms of nature, and the starting over after the storms...but this is like Eve resurrected...lightning strikes, we are thrown out of the garden for our sin...and yet..Eve is saying to the devil...i still feel you around..

and we all still feel the effect of what happened in that garden...(of course that depends on what we believe)

but this poem opens the gate to eden among other things...really an interesting piece of writing with much depth.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Muse

10 Years Ago

For those that don't believe...they can smirk at this analogy because Eden is just make-believe. But.. read more
Good stuff. I missed you around here although I am only on here about 15 minutes a few times a week. Hope you are doing well.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Muse

10 Years Ago

15 minutes? Oh hell that's more time than what I've spent on here for the past month. No apologies n.. read more
The Analog Kid

10 Years Ago

Yeah. Many other priorities to be sure. I drastically cut back and just really don't care about th.. read more
Muse

10 Years Ago

Yes like you...I left to forget. :)))

I only remembered "who" and "what" was important .. read more
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
.
:: beautifully written... :: what i found to be the core of this piece is a profound sense of isolation and loss... while being in a crowd where no one notices a thing... and this conversation with Lucifer is silently taking place... :: i'm not an expert but i believe lucifer is the fallen angel... yet even i think there must've been a part of him that was human and so he erred... maybe his heart was seeking forgiveness but didn't know how to... this write of yours has provoked a million thoughts... and i love poetry that does that... it then becomes personal to the reader...

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Muse

10 Years Ago

For not living in the western world...you understand this perfectly. Yes he errored...so did Adam an.. read more
.

10 Years Ago

:: i hear you... sometimes, i think it's not really fair to 'judge' a human being or an angel for th.. read more
My make-believe Eden burned to the ground -- love this line! Such a creative take on an age old idea...I've never seen it before.

This is a creative piece that really indulges the senses and also sparks the conciousness in terms of the idea of "making a deal with the devil", in a metaphorical sense. You write with a vitality that is very evident and honest. Enjoyed this one!

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Muse

10 Years Ago

I wouldn't call it a pact...or a deal necessarily. I sometimes wonder if he cares....

".. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

3939 Views
67 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 6 Libraries
Added on July 29, 2013
Last Updated on June 24, 2014


Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


My Killing Jar My Killing Jar

A Poem by Muse


Ours Ours

A Poem by Muse