Drink Her

Drink Her

A Poem by Muse

 

 

 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Fair Goddess
hands stretched out
limbs wide open
honeysuckle vines
drink her
 
Crystalline glass
she'll fill it full
the intoxication
quenching a thirst
drink her
 
Fair Woman
a tree of life
dripping with rain
mouth wide open
drink her
 
Coil with her
vessel of breath
drunkenness
aperture open
drink her
 
 
 

© 2014 Muse


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

To drink of life is to imbibe in the good with the bad - dripping with rain, when the earth is parched and one needs to be rejuvenated. To spend enough time to soak it all in, leaves one tired, almost drunken with the experience but it is then we are able to partake of the fullness of living - we must be totally spent out to fully appreciate the value of that which is so freely given!
Full of sensuality and LIFE!!

Posted 9 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I have drank from this cup, many times, and I must say it is delicious. I Drink, therefore I am.

Lovely write, Muse....wonderful emotions expressed. :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Amazing poem! So rich imagery with fantastic allusions and tasty metaphors! Genius work!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I love it. You captured the cup filled with passion's nectar so beautifully. I love the picture-beautiful analogy for a woman-a tree that one can get shelter and shade from, one where birds can nest, and buds flower. Drink her, inhale her, for she is truly a gift.For all men to truly see this!!!!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Elixir of divine passion, yum! Your poem's concise & the essence of desire & communion. One drinks it straight, no chaser. Ahhhh. . .

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Well there is no chance for her to dry out at this stage is there? Interesting use of language while physically and conceptually thirst inducing...nice writing.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Such a natural picture of sensual ecstasy! I think I might be thirsty myself after that one!
Loved it! Did not know if you were sharing this side of your artistry. It was evident even in the darker work but here it is more... "innocent".
:-)
Cheers!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Outstanding! You have a lean style that is most appealing. A relative few carefully chosen and placed words, they really pack a wallop. The painting is just amazing, too.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Muse

11 Years Ago

lol...I thought I wrote too metaphorical for you. Just kidding. Yes this is fantasy...yet the word.. read more
Samuel Dickens

11 Years Ago

Yes, a lot of poetry around here gives me problems, but this one seemed quite clear.
Muse

11 Years Ago

well if my writing ever makes you constipated again, please tell me. Maybe I need to reevalute. lol... read more
wow! you writing is incredible! very descriptive and clear to the reader! Well done again.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

"Fair Goddess" - My crystalline blue glass sky cover of four seasons encompass the outer bark covering of bast which covers a thin layer of cambium, cambium's sheet to protect the heart's soul of sapwood nourishing roots and leaves... You drink of my seasons till intoxication overflows my wants to rain down on you...

Bast - (botany) tissue that conducts synthesized food substances (e.g., from leaves) to parts where needed; consists primarily of sieve tubes

Cambium - A formative one-cell layer of tissue between xylem and phloem in most vascular plants that is responsible for secondary growth

Sapwood - Newly formed outer wood lying between the cambium and the heartwood of a tree or woody plant; usually light colored; active in water conduction

I have no idea where I'm going with this review... Better stop there... lol

But your words of talent is an aperture of heart and soul, a "Vessel of breath" to drink of your words...

The photo you used moved the ground I walk on...

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

WOW! The photo's great too.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

3770 Views
98 Reviews
Shelved in 6 Libraries
Added on May 26, 2011
Last Updated on June 8, 2014
Tags: lust, love, poem, poetry, life


Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Sssnake Sssnake

A Poem by Muse