Tinkerbell must Die

Tinkerbell must Die

A Poem by Muse

 
 
I'm so sick of poems about fairies
Tinkerbell and her freaking bag of dust
maybe she'll eat some poison berries
unicorns, rainbows, sunsets and love
why is everything from heaven above
dancing singing laughing and hugging
gag me on the spoon that I'm chugging
beautiful views and twinkling stars
fairytale endings and happily ever after
annoying meddlies and nursery rhymes 
I wish I may I wish I might
have this dream I wish tonight
Cinderella needs to get laid alright
Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall
Humpty Dumpty had a great fall
what a perfect ending for fairies and all!

© 2014 Muse


Author's Note

Muse
Just poking some fun at myself and other poets that write at times about the same thing over and over and over and over again.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

The piece is so masterly written. The irony is to the point. I also dislike shabby images and worn out clichés. Though sometimes I use them in writing. And thinking about excuses I usually come to conclusion: what kind of life would be without all the sentimental stuff? It would be nothing but the stale bread. )

Posted 12 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Unique! That's the word for this one. It's funny and entertaining. Great piece!

Posted 9 Years Ago


Very funny send up of all the sappiest fairytales! As a mother of a ten year old, I can totally relate! I'm so TIRED of Disney!

You should enter this in the Make Us Laugh contest

Posted 9 Years Ago


Wow, I loved this! I'm kind of tired of the same old thing and this random poem that was very well written cheered me right up! Thank you for writing this.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Hahaha. I love how you framed the end, and how the poem flows. My favourite lines would be:
" i wish I may I wish I might
have this dream I wish tonight"
I agree with your point of view. Writers and poets should be anything except bland. Versatility is one of the qualities essential for every writer. Being mercurial in this stale world is not a sin.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is written wonderfully, the words are awesome and I found it to be a darkly humorous, enjoyed it. This is great.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

you really say it well here, Muse...and i must confess...i am probably guilty of this...

nicely done with a some extra pleasant sarcasm.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I absolutely loved this! It is funny yet true. Why do we have to make things wonderful, happy, magical, bright, and fairy-tale like? Wonderful thought and expression. Great piece, one of my favorites! :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

i really like your poem. i agree with you about the stupid fairy stereotype and how every time they make it all sugar and everything nice which becomes annoying.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Haha, I think the same some times! Good write.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I agree too much sugar can spoil the pie, but Tinkerbell must die? I love Tinkerbell. We have a new dryer and when the cycle is finished it makes a sound like Tinkerbell and does so every ten minutes until you shut of the dryer. You can hear quiet across the house, it's just so cool.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This comment has been deleted by the poster.
Muse

9 Years Ago

lol it's people like you that own those kind ofdryer's, cuckoo clocks, the reruns of Finding Nemo..... read more
Michael G. Smith

9 Years Ago

Actually, I'm more of a comic book geek, I have three daughters and one granddaughter.

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

6914 Views
137 Reviews
Shelved in 12 Libraries
Added on June 6, 2011
Last Updated on June 8, 2014
Tags: poem, poetry, fairies, adult humor, fantasy, love


Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Osmosis Osmosis

A Poem by Muse