Just an aftertaste....................

Just an aftertaste....................

A Poem by Muse

You stopped me at the first hello, an
 
older and charming handsome fellow
 
we quickly went from friends to lovers
 
I began to slaver for something more
 
I wanted to extinguish you, tasting
 
your salty skin, igniting a craving within
 
I need more to satisfy this palate, your
 
smell of blood sweet like punch, so I
 
pursue my first innocent lick and bite
 
only to get you stuck between my teeth
 
breaking fingers and splintering bones
 
I try to savor your affection in my mouth, but
 
what was once a confection has turned bitter
 
instead I had to swallow you down whole
 
bloated now from the weight of your soul.

© 2014 Muse


Author's Note

Muse



My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Well slap my a*s call me Charlie and tell me to see Wonka bars. The start gave me the impression the end would not be as harsh. But I loved it, the entire flow could have been someone's thoughts when lying in bed and having the ever important moment of clarity.

Posted 11 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

The imagery is just amazing. I can't write things like this, though people like my work. I could just picture this scene in my head. Kudos!

Posted 12 Years Ago


This write is so vivid and crisp and real and honest...I had to read it a second time to check your words...your metaphors...your images to see if I misinterpreted your intent..........................................nope....don't think so...just checking.
Oh BTW, I absolutely loved it, no matter who or what you had in mind....Really great imagery, I must say....really great read.
allen

Posted 12 Years Ago


Wow! I love this dark clever poem! I love every line and the flow if it is just amazing. Once again your work amazes me! This is wonderful. Very well written.

Posted 12 Years Ago


great write,
nice rhymes in there too!


Posted 12 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
TJ
Muse! Have you been on hiatus it does it just seem so?!
Anyway, the poem.
Loved your imagery it was great but it was your beautifully worded metaphor that stole the how here! The way you chose to paint the picture of a person wanting another so bad, getting them, then becoming disenchanted...it was amazing, unique and just plain good!

Posted 12 Years Ago


I think the last stanza has finally given me ( after several minutes' pondering!) the meaning you were shooting for here. A woman is bemoaning the pressure of knowing a man so well, that he has weighed her down with the enormity of himself, to where, "what once was a confection has turned bitter". His neediness, and her need, have only succeeded in making them both unhappy. Interesting metaphor.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Your powerful poetry simply sings of passion and sensuality.. and of being lost within another... being swallowed... Brilliant, emotionally stunning write!

Posted 12 Years Ago


This is one of the best poems i've read on this site. This is amazing, I'm an amateur poet and I would love to learn from you also if you can, look at my poems.

Posted 12 Years Ago


great imagery + great imagination + put fourth through perfect worded detail = shows greatness in talent.
This work carries a nice weight of emotion in it.
Sorry that I have no constructive criticism for it :/ but I find it very well done.
Thnx 4 da RR, enjoyed it very much so :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


I love the dark sensuality with this... when it's over it's over :) xx

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

7001 Views
151 Reviews
Shelved in 13 Libraries
Added on June 22, 2011
Last Updated on June 8, 2014
Tags: Love, anger, poem, poetry, writing, revenge, hate, lust, life, food


Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Succubus Succubus

A Poem by Muse


Sssnake Sssnake

A Poem by Muse