Choke me

Choke me

A Poem by Muse

For you
I shut my mouth
choking me slowly now
resisting the urge to shout
suppressing each of my words
snuffing out each little breath
a jaded embrace
For you
I close my eyes
my thoughts withheld
just your feeble little lamb
my abilities for you to despise
no prince charming do I see
just an Antichrist
For you
I plug my ears
blocking each and every lie
 mixing truth with fictional fears
wiping the spit from my eye
deaf and arrogant
egotistical a*s
For you
I hide my hands
fist clasped tightly behind my back
fingers pressed upon my pulsating gland
ready for another truce-less attack
choking me slowly now
in peaceful solitude

© 2014 Muse


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I understand this sort of hell intimately~ you bring its raw edges out from the victim who won't be victimized to the vivid forefront~

I was talking to someone about this sort of non relationship nightmare the other day and she had asked why I was accomodating at my own emotional peril~ I told her I wasn't ~I was appeasing~ I said something like this

when you "accomodate" someone it's because you genuinely care about their emotions and mental well being~ when you "appease" someone it's to shut their whiny f***ing mouth the f*** up already~ =)~

these mental vampires abound~ and you gotta have some extremely strong reserves to survive their merciless canines~

powerful with impact~ perfectly described~

Posted 12 Years Ago


5 of 5 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Incredibly raw and emotional.

Posted 7 Years Ago


This is really good. Its good that you write what you feel :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
ron
This is powerful. Unless some one has been in a relationship where its easier to keep your mouth shut and your opinions to your self they won't fully understand how it feels and cuts deep inside. I think that's why I write what I do...so I can have some of my feelings heard. Thank you for sharing this is fantastic write.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This speaks to me about sooo many relationship I have had, why do we accommodate unhealthy relationship which take to a place out of alignment! Thankfully age lends experience and I not longer tolerate this! However to have written with flare and emotion. Felt every word. Also great title lol

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Muse

10 Years Ago

sometimes silence...can feel like choking
Evocative and nicely put poem about what I interpret is someone who holds back the words and actions for someone they love. She shuts her mouth, closes her eyes, plugs her ears and hide her hands, "in peaceful solitude". Then there is something ominous about it all, as if the protagonist struggles greatly to control herself; she does seem to carry some resentment, as made clear in the phrases "no prince charming do I see / just an Antichrist", "wiping the spit from my eye" and "ready for another truce-less attack". Great poem, Muse :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Almost everyone has a small or large distict side of them of loving pain as a release and as being one with their tormentors or the quake of the line between pleasure and pain as well.
i like this and you are not daunted to speak in your thoughts in any way.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Very nice! At first I thought this was an erotic poem about kinky asphyxiation type desires (sorry call me a stupidly sex driven man) but it so much more than that. The pain and misery of a women who is held down, held back, controlled by a man and fear of just being herself ...........the abuse he gives her and she feels powerless to take it.........heartbreaking. A powerful and emotional write.

Posted 10 Years Ago


This is a masterpiece! I must write a rhyming poem with meter on this topic, but it won't be anytime soon because I haven't yet figured out how to match the elegance of this free verse. You get a rating of one million for this one. The problem of which you write is a common psychological problem that torments people world-wide.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

:O Wow, girl! You are amazing, this was one amazing write!! It really packs a punch! A really moving, frightening work! Keeping the light on for a couple weeks! Ha.

P.S, saw your account was closed. :'( please come back, miss you! x

~ Noodle.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Interesting poem...I think of submission when I read this, but not the kind that is passive and of a weak person. Active submission which some people find gratifying-whisking away one's will to be replaced by another. It has a visceral feel to it, which I enjoyed,perhaps because of the harsh language you used...

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Muse

10 Years Ago

Very abstract, yes this is more about mental warfare...not physical harm.

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

5823 Views
113 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 6 Libraries
Added on June 27, 2011
Last Updated on June 8, 2014
Tags: anger, love, lust, life, emotion, suppression, depression, writing, poem, poetry, adult, relationships, abuse, marriage


Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Osmosis Osmosis

A Poem by Muse