Deja vu

Deja vu

A Poem by Muse

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 



M
y life
, sometimes I  ponder,
God.....did he fashion my hands and skin from another?
Am I just a recovered tired vessel,
refurbished lung and breath, reassembled, to be something fragile?
 
My fears and defects I feel are not my own,
borrowed and rented maybe, from someone once known.
Your voice just a proverbial song.
It feels ancient, but like an undercurrent, it carries me along. 
 
My story perhaps is a plagiarism of you,
a reincarnation of what I might answer, and what I might do.
With every deliberate ill-mannered step,
someone before me, has already passed, lingered, and slept.
 
My soul, has it lived before?
It seems to be the same narrow path, but a different revolving door.
Seeking answers in restorative dreams,
this body, however temporary, is not what it seems.
 
My thumbprint, a reminder of her,
your girlish vision, a familiar relic, with a haunting blur.
Is this a case of refuted Deja vu?
Or just maybe, she's a vicarious spirit, that has been there too.

© 2014 Muse


Author's Note

Muse
At a very young age, as young as 3 or 4, I would dream over and over again, that I was some young girl from India. Royalty perhaps, or a servant to royalty. I found it odd that I would dream about such a thing at an age, when I had yet to even understand or comprehend countries or cultures such as India. Nevertheless, with these dreams still vivid, and a feeling of deja vu every now and then. I found a picture that reminded me of "Her". The girl in my dreams....

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Rebirths and reincarnations are aplenty in Indian mythology, but I was really drawn in by the concept when I read about the River Lethe in Greek mythology where souls would go to wash the memories clean of their previous life. It's all so... fascinating.

This is indeed a marvellous poem, searching for answers we may never find. I felt "My story perhaps is a plagiarism of you" was a brilliant line!

Posted 11 Years Ago


4 of 4 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Rebirths and reincarnations are aplenty in Indian mythology, but I was really drawn in by the concept when I read about the River Lethe in Greek mythology where souls would go to wash the memories clean of their previous life. It's all so... fascinating.

This is indeed a marvellous poem, searching for answers we may never find. I felt "My story perhaps is a plagiarism of you" was a brilliant line!

Posted 11 Years Ago


4 of 4 people found this review constructive.

A most interesting work, as it touches on a theme that most of us have either imagined or experienced. My grand-daughter surprised her father, at the age of three, when watching a meal being prepared stated - 'That isn't the way we used to do it!' It rocked him to his bootheels.
Well expressed...

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This one rocked me out of my chair... Amazing it is... So many of us are afraid to step out of the box of four walls and confess, put ourselves out there on paper, in words of stone of what our thoughts of heart soul and spirit want us to write... Muse... This one rocks

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Muse

11 Years Ago

thank you Art....I internalized these dreams for 33 years, this poem, was my only outlet to share it.. read more
Arthur Henn

11 Years Ago

Many times in my life time, I've felt out of place in this body of present day... I've always been d.. read more
Muse

11 Years Ago

no not crazy...the smell...the taste of India...it feels like a 2nd home to me.
A fascinating question some would query, some would understand. There can so easily be a feeling of place and person around an individual, depending on how receptive he or she is. Seems you feel that strongly. Tis obviously something you accept else you couldn't have written such a fine poem .. your one-ness is a good one.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Muse

11 Years Ago

Thanks Emma, your perception on this is very thoughtful. I hope you are having a wonderful weekend... read more
This is at once brilliant and deeply touching. The verse and rhyme are perfect, and the content is exquisite.
Thanks for taking me along, to your place where dream and reality blend...

Posted 11 Years Ago


Muse

11 Years Ago

xo thankyou, this was also based on a personal and private experience. So glad I could share this w.. read more
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Pax
a great story comes along with a dream is simply amazing. love the formatting and the photo that makes me wonder.. great job.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

"purging the soul" as you say, is the important thing. I hope you were able to reconcile the "girl of your dreams" with yourself.


Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A superb write! So well done in concept, presentation, and flow. Isn’t it amazing what you will find in nothing more than a thumbprint? The curves and grooves are the finest impression of that labyrinth better known as YOU. Then this story speaks of a connection that goes back to India – woah, there is so much more to it than we will ever know, yet this poem sums it up so well. Nice work Muse!

Posted 11 Years Ago


OHHHHH... This is so powerful.... so deep... Im transformed by it... and I get the dreaming... I have had dreams since I was a child too... and some that come true... this is a stunning piece of poetry... I believe in this... and I understand.... Loved it !!!

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

4276 Views
96 Reviews
Shelved in 5 Libraries
Added on August 27, 2011
Last Updated on June 8, 2014
Tags: Deja vu, reincarnation, poem, poetry, life, mystery, religion, faith, spiritual, writing, childhood, God


Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Sugar and Sun Sugar and Sun

A Poem by Muse


Sssnake Sssnake

A Poem by Muse