Deja vu

Deja vu

A Poem by Muse

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 



M
y life
, sometimes I  ponder,
God.....did he fashion my hands and skin from another?
Am I just a recovered tired vessel,
refurbished lung and breath, reassembled, to be something fragile?
 
My fears and defects I feel are not my own,
borrowed and rented maybe, from someone once known.
Your voice just a proverbial song.
It feels ancient, but like an undercurrent, it carries me along. 
 
My story perhaps is a plagiarism of you,
a reincarnation of what I might answer, and what I might do.
With every deliberate ill-mannered step,
someone before me, has already passed, lingered, and slept.
 
My soul, has it lived before?
It seems to be the same narrow path, but a different revolving door.
Seeking answers in restorative dreams,
this body, however temporary, is not what it seems.
 
My thumbprint, a reminder of her,
your girlish vision, a familiar relic, with a haunting blur.
Is this a case of refuted Deja vu?
Or just maybe, she's a vicarious spirit, that has been there too.

© 2014 Muse


Author's Note

Muse
At a very young age, as young as 3 or 4, I would dream over and over again, that I was some young girl from India. Royalty perhaps, or a servant to royalty. I found it odd that I would dream about such a thing at an age, when I had yet to even understand or comprehend countries or cultures such as India. Nevertheless, with these dreams still vivid, and a feeling of deja vu every now and then. I found a picture that reminded me of "Her". The girl in my dreams....

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Rebirths and reincarnations are aplenty in Indian mythology, but I was really drawn in by the concept when I read about the River Lethe in Greek mythology where souls would go to wash the memories clean of their previous life. It's all so... fascinating.

This is indeed a marvellous poem, searching for answers we may never find. I felt "My story perhaps is a plagiarism of you" was a brilliant line!

Posted 11 Years Ago


4 of 4 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
.
this is only my personal opinion but I do believe that we can come into body as often as we like, for the experience! In spirit we know, a body give us the feeling to that knowledge. ie relativity..to really know something you have to experience...well to cut a long story short, you have probably lived this life and because time is seen as linear we as humans cannot comprehend time in the absolute occuring simultaneously..anyway to the poem..your structure is so strong in the opening two words that start the stanzas completely carry it through with a powerful flow. Your delicate phrasing is impeccable..no faults just perfect.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

What a stunning confession of feelings that spoke through you, even as a child... Haunting recollections of days long ago... vivid glmpses of another life.. another world... And yes, what connections might there be between us all? So personal and profound...

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
EMF
I just let this wash over me... the first time. The sheer beauty of your language was so tactile, I just had to. Then I re-read it and it is a wonderful read. An analysis of past life regresseion, an assessment of the soul, a questioning of the universe...this list can go on for quite a while. Can you tell? Like or love doesn't really sum up the way I feel about the poem. Polaxed, perhaps. But in a goood way

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Deja vu has happened to me every now and again, but never in such a constant and impressionable way as yours. You turned your experiences into a beautiful piece of writing...I enjoyed it immensely!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wow, that is pretty amazing you remember dreams like that from such a young age. And you pose a very interesting question at the beginning and lead us into your thoughts on the subject. Kind of like reincarnation.
The flow of this piece really does it justice. I always enjoy stopping for a moment to get inside your head at a time like this!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

You have penned an intriguing and thought provoking piece! Deja Vu experiences can happen at anytime and when they do they can feature like an enchanted moment that dazzles the mind and takes your breath away. Triggering our memory of a place we think we may have already been. Or maybe a person we think we have already seen, or an act we think we have already done. Leaving us to question our purpose in this life and whether or not we are being guided by spirits gone before us!


A wonderful insight conveyed with great imagery & diction



Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wow, facsinating on all levels, poetically, spiritually, it's brilliant.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

First of all, only a few of us have memories of events before the age of five or six. Your memory of this dream is unique, not just because it's from such an early age, but for its suggestion of a prior life. Is it a fragment of someone else's memory that somehow was imprinted on your young mind, or a result of reincarnation? I sure don't know, but it's very interesting.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I am not sure god is into recycling people yet unless he ran into a shortage of skin and bones.But i do believe god gives some people exceptional minds,that are able to create images from things they have never seen before.Stephen jobs dreamed of the i phone and i pad i do not think this means he had them in a previous life i think he just had a exceptional mind that could create out of pure imagination. Perhaps you do also as this is a great piece keep writing keep using that imagination.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I know exactly what you mean.
When I was in the first grade I used to dream of the
school teacher, of course she was from a different world
and I used to fight lions to impress her.
Would you believe, I have been chasing lions ever since.
The school teacher ? Oh, she married a sheep herder and
had seven kids---- Mine was only infatuation, but the lions
Those suckers are getting harder and harder to capture.
Once in a while , just to amuse my muse, I will grab one and
kick his butt.
----- Eagle Cruagh



Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

4276 Views
96 Reviews
Shelved in 5 Libraries
Added on August 27, 2011
Last Updated on June 8, 2014
Tags: Deja vu, reincarnation, poem, poetry, life, mystery, religion, faith, spiritual, writing, childhood, God


Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Sugar and Sun Sugar and Sun

A Poem by Muse


Sssnake Sssnake

A Poem by Muse