Here's your cocaine

Here's your cocaine

A Poem by Muse
"

okay okay...4th review in....I've never touched drugs in my life! So if you can relate..so sorry. But impressed that I can write persuasively. Thank you!

"

Sit with me, and I'll prepare something special for you.
With just a spoonful of sugar,
I'll sweeten-up and embellish, this dead crow that once flew.

Get closer.
Your turn; take a blow of this snow.
I'm prepared to catch your nose bleed, inside my porcelain bowl. 
 

When finished,
let us dance beneath the chandelier. Let us gaze upon the dense opacity.  Let us see these new atrocities.  Let us observe, watch and listen, as our pupils begin to dilate and darken.  

And if we sing; this hare in my lap, the fish in the sink, we'll use them as our audience.  They will remain silent, but harken.


Watch my friend as the clock strikes twelve.
Snow White and her Prince will meet us here very soon.
If lucky, she'll bring you Cinderella's dress tailored in fine silk, and colored in blue.

Want more?  Use my razor to cut through the looking glass of maladjustment and calamity.
Regal with me; enjoy this moment of rolled dollar-ed bills, and frivolity.

I'll shuffle the cards.
Another poker game might make you feel light
as a feather. Bare breast dipped in dopamine, just adds to the pleasure.

The table can walk, the bird is alive now..hear it squawk.
Hickory dickory dickory dock.
When the clock strikes twelve the devil will come.
He'll bring the wine, and he'll bring the sweet rum.

((White powder coverlets the senses))

It's odd; you know?  How the ice turns soft. Soft becomes cold. Cold becomes hot.
Stranger yet...last nights spaghetti. It got caught in my throat, it still sits in my stomach, all tied in a knot.

When the clock strikes twelve, my neighbor will come.
He's my Cousin's, Sister's Brother, born from a different Father and Mother.  He'll bring us more cocaine.  But I must warn you. Can you keep a secret?  He's a little off. Perhaps a little insane.  
















© 2014 Muse


Author's Note

Muse
I can't possibly try to share with you my inspiration here. So I will instead..plead the 5th. But as all of you know, I'm always looking for a new way to mess with the reader. So my intent here, was to overwhelm the senses, much the same way that cocaine does.





My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I adore such trippy trips sideways round the honeycombed mind where inside of every crevice a rhythmic pop pop on an easel will claw away all fabricated nuances of what poetry is 'supposed to be' and deliver a brand new dish of mind bending delectable delicacies of imaginative play~ lovin on the cross pollination of fairy tales with urban drawl~to be completely honest with you I don't have to guess at all at the magiks that spark such creative wonders since my brainpan is chock full of squirming swirling images in broad surreal screen 24/7~ this banquet of exotic fare I understand better than everyday poetic ramblings~ this is Dali tripping the high wire fantastic with Nina Hagen~ LOVE IT~perfect meter also if I may add which adds to the mental cadence of the reader~

Posted 12 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

5500 views.....125 reviews. wow.

Well. I've tried it in the past a few times. For me... I got real chatty and hyper. Lol.

Your writing is haunting.....surreal...intelligent.....and captivating.

Posted 1 Year Ago



I am overwhelmed, you really are a ghost aint'cha...

Posted 4 Years Ago


Muse

4 Years Ago

I swear I never touched Coke in my life. But I wanted to flirt with what it might be like if I could.. read more
Neville

4 Years Ago

quite brilliantly done ... mission accomplished
Ones nose does not simply begin bleeding, but what really made me question your authenticity was this line (lol) "Let us observe, watch and listen" what exactly are you talking about?

But this "Bare breast dipped in dopamine, just adds to the pleasure" this was such incredible imagery that i no longer cared about the rest of the poem, just couldn't stop thinking about the shape and size of said breast




Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Muse

6 Years Ago

I'd like to believe that when one is "high" anything goes...
WoodenChair

6 Years Ago

High off of the love of Jesus Christ and Virgin Mary maybe
Hey You, this is still one of my faves...thank you for your writings for they helped me tremendously in my growth in my writings...I hope you are still writing. :)

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Muse

7 Years Ago

Notes are good. Like post-it notes? lol
Babe Roxx

7 Years Ago

Something like that. ;)
Babe Roxx

7 Years Ago

Miss you...be good and take care.
True story, a relative of mine's ex-boss, years ago, made her try cocaine while at work late. She said it was like five pots of coffee and a bottle of sleeping pills, wired yet dopey and confused. Needless to say, she doesn't work for that weirdo anymore.

I can see the combination of languid and frantic here as well, so that's well done. Nice rhythms and internal rhymes and a very nice writing overall, I'd say.

Hope to see more from you soon.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

VennelaMargame

9 Years Ago

I think you'd like New York, honestly, lousy government aside. Have you been?
Muse

9 Years Ago

Closest place I've been to NY is Chicago. I lived there for four years after I was done with High Sc.. read more
VennelaMargame

9 Years Ago

The one thing I love most about this state is that it has something for everybody. Yes, if you like .. read more
I am not sure how to react to this write except to say it is a creative MIND F*ck and entertaining.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I will say you make me feel, live in your poetry, even felt the buzzed:)
I think you are brilliant writer and every single expression of yours is amazing, the beauty I noticed about your writing is you never ignore details, Loved it simply mind blowing and poetry with freedom.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

How awesome and inspiring this poem is. A play land set in a demonic world, cocaine is both your bedfellow and your murderer...I feel inspired

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Cocaine is the devil in a white coat! I like the spin on the use with fairy tale characters, besides being other worldly when on drugs and taken a narrative from something innocent, fairytales always carry a dark moral.



Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This has a very Wonderland vibe to it. Everything becomes skewed when hued by drugs. This surreal scene is really quite compelling. It thrusts the reader from one strange tableau to the next with ease. You've done a fantastic job with this one.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

5570 Views
126 Reviews
Shelved in 15 Libraries
Added on December 19, 2011
Last Updated on September 9, 2014
Tags: cocaine, life, humor, poem, poetry, drama, sex, gossip, devil, fantasy, macabre, stories, art, fun, dance, drugs, addiction, light, dark


Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Sssnake Sssnake

A Poem by Muse