Here's your cocaine

Here's your cocaine

A Poem by Muse
"

okay okay...4th review in....I've never touched drugs in my life! So if you can relate..so sorry. But impressed that I can write persuasively. Thank you!

"

Sit with me, and I'll prepare something special for you.
With just a spoonful of sugar,
I'll sweeten-up and embellish, this dead crow that once flew.

Get closer.
Your turn; take a blow of this snow.
I'm prepared to catch your nose bleed, inside my porcelain bowl. 
 

When finished,
let us dance beneath the chandelier. Let us gaze upon the dense opacity.  Let us see these new atrocities.  Let us observe, watch and listen, as our pupils begin to dilate and darken.  

And if we sing; this hare in my lap, the fish in the sink, we'll use them as our audience.  They will remain silent, but harken.


Watch my friend as the clock strikes twelve.
Snow White and her Prince will meet us here very soon.
If lucky, she'll bring you Cinderella's dress tailored in fine silk, and colored in blue.

Want more?  Use my razor to cut through the looking glass of maladjustment and calamity.
Regal with me; enjoy this moment of rolled dollar-ed bills, and frivolity.

I'll shuffle the cards.
Another poker game might make you feel light
as a feather. Bare breast dipped in dopamine, just adds to the pleasure.

The table can walk, the bird is alive now..hear it squawk.
Hickory dickory dickory dock.
When the clock strikes twelve the devil will come.
He'll bring the wine, and he'll bring the sweet rum.

((White powder coverlets the senses))

It's odd; you know?  How the ice turns soft. Soft becomes cold. Cold becomes hot.
Stranger yet...last nights spaghetti. It got caught in my throat, it still sits in my stomach, all tied in a knot.

When the clock strikes twelve, my neighbor will come.
He's my Cousin's, Sister's Brother, born from a different Father and Mother.  He'll bring us more cocaine.  But I must warn you. Can you keep a secret?  He's a little off. Perhaps a little insane.  
















© 2014 Muse


Author's Note

Muse
I can't possibly try to share with you my inspiration here. So I will instead..plead the 5th. But as all of you know, I'm always looking for a new way to mess with the reader. So my intent here, was to overwhelm the senses, much the same way that cocaine does.





My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I adore such trippy trips sideways round the honeycombed mind where inside of every crevice a rhythmic pop pop on an easel will claw away all fabricated nuances of what poetry is 'supposed to be' and deliver a brand new dish of mind bending delectable delicacies of imaginative play~ lovin on the cross pollination of fairy tales with urban drawl~to be completely honest with you I don't have to guess at all at the magiks that spark such creative wonders since my brainpan is chock full of squirming swirling images in broad surreal screen 24/7~ this banquet of exotic fare I understand better than everyday poetic ramblings~ this is Dali tripping the high wire fantastic with Nina Hagen~ LOVE IT~perfect meter also if I may add which adds to the mental cadence of the reader~

Posted 12 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

insightful write....
high on cocaine ...the devil came before midnight ..with his snow white...
so many thoughts for me...I have lost friends to this drug...they were the same but a fruit loop nose ring sported always...lost my B.F. to this drug she actually had a dealer meet her at my daughters birthday party (I had rented a pavilion at a park ) but my last straw (not hers) she had a different dealer meet her at a local go-cart track ....I see only the cocaine in this write ...with spaghetti stuck in throat...words that reveal the truth ...truly
thank you for sharing much


Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is so beautiful and visual! Such an amazing writer, you are. This poem is my cocaine! lol - Love it.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wonderfully fun ink! I love the dive into the different and new, twisted and tantalizing. The imagery is stunning and the piece leaves me grinning, wishing to chuckle at some inside joke that I haven't thought of yet, but I know will come the longer I sit chuckling.

Great Ink! Much enjoyed!
Aaron

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Muse

10 Years Ago

lol thank you...it was just as fun to write.
Love the picture you chose at the end, bird-skulls evocative of giant noses and fluttery wings evocative of coke-induced ADD... but its nothing compared to your unparallelled written assault on our imaginary senses: "breast dipped in dopamine" those perfectly rhythmic tangents, beautifully flowing in their randomness.
I haven't ever done coke, but if we were to imagine I had, I definitely wasn't so eloquent. But if, just theoretically, I had been bored out of my mind while my roommate kept me up snorting coke, it was (hypothetically) more like this
waiting
watching you cut the coke on my CD cover with the dollar you borrowed
waiting
will you ever shut up. Jesus you're annoying when you snort coke
waiting
you roll up the dollar bill for another line....
inhaling white death into your mind to fuel your incessant talking as the sun come up.
You hand me the dollar, soaked in blood from your nose:
"Do you want another line?"

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

JR Darewood

10 Years Ago

Hahaha your version was WAY better
Muse

10 Years Ago

I was imagining two bored "caddy woman" getting high out of boredom...what would they do...what woul.. read more
JR Darewood

10 Years Ago

sounds like my great aunt
Well written, yes. I have never done such drugs either, so I don't know. But it does put me in mind of people I have seen on meth. Thanks for sharing.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This feels like a metaphor for me...you are using "cocaine" and the idea of two people commiserating and connecting over a drug as something deeper in terms of an ill-fated connection in general. This reminded me of something a friend told me not too long ago, how she had been attempting to help another friend hold her life together and in the midst of the insanity, she was losing her own mind.

I felt the sensory overload here, and the lyrical way that you expressed the words. I enjoyed the imagery, especially when I thought on them as a gateway to something deeper and more emotional. Well done.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Muse

10 Years Ago

it's a long story..I was dealing with some chronic pain..I was on some pain killers..I think I did s.. read more
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
JC
feels like you got the gist of ADD sporadic thoughts of the user, falling down the rabbit hole, delusional thoughts of grandeur, the addiction of falling, of those darker places, those things that don't fit in normalcy, in the end we all eat crow, why not at least make it taste better

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I really don’t know how cocaine distorts a brain’s ability to perceive reality since I’ve never used it, but it’s a fact that the process of evolution marks such people for extinction as they jump off of bridges thinking that they’ll fly like supermen. A normal brain is one that has evolved in such a way so as to give us an optimal chance of surviving in the wild. Your poem shows the tragic consequences of a distorted view of reality. The problem is that modern society protects people from the wild environment that would preen them from the herd. In the wild, the lamb who takes cocaine falls behind, and is quickly eaten by hungry wolves. The reason why sheep are so smart is because of all of those hungry wolves who killed off all of those lambs who had stupid mental traits to pass on to the rest of the herd.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

gotta love the random related writing generator. Always wondered how it works. What can I add to ONE HUNDRED SEVEN reviews but stammering admiration and a tiny twinge of pale angst in the face of such poetry. I've never indulged in "Recreational drugs" but I do like bacon. And this is like poetic bacon - crispy and smokey and decadent on the palette especially when coupled with creamy guacamole and nested on a patty of prime ground angus....yes. This write was delicious.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

The drafted thoughts we have before that perfect trip is the greatest guide of all - well done, good read.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

5570 Views
126 Reviews
Shelved in 15 Libraries
Added on December 19, 2011
Last Updated on September 9, 2014
Tags: cocaine, life, humor, poem, poetry, drama, sex, gossip, devil, fantasy, macabre, stories, art, fun, dance, drugs, addiction, light, dark


Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Sssnake Sssnake

A Poem by Muse