Here's your cocaine

Here's your cocaine

A Poem by Muse
"

okay okay...4th review in....I've never touched drugs in my life! So if you can relate..so sorry. But impressed that I can write persuasively. Thank you!

"

Sit with me, and I'll prepare something special for you.
With just a spoonful of sugar,
I'll sweeten-up and embellish, this dead crow that once flew.

Get closer.
Your turn; take a blow of this snow.
I'm prepared to catch your nose bleed, inside my porcelain bowl. 
 

When finished,
let us dance beneath the chandelier. Let us gaze upon the dense opacity.  Let us see these new atrocities.  Let us observe, watch and listen, as our pupils begin to dilate and darken.  

And if we sing; this hare in my lap, the fish in the sink, we'll use them as our audience.  They will remain silent, but harken.


Watch my friend as the clock strikes twelve.
Snow White and her Prince will meet us here very soon.
If lucky, she'll bring you Cinderella's dress tailored in fine silk, and colored in blue.

Want more?  Use my razor to cut through the looking glass of maladjustment and calamity.
Regal with me; enjoy this moment of rolled dollar-ed bills, and frivolity.

I'll shuffle the cards.
Another poker game might make you feel light
as a feather. Bare breast dipped in dopamine, just adds to the pleasure.

The table can walk, the bird is alive now..hear it squawk.
Hickory dickory dickory dock.
When the clock strikes twelve the devil will come.
He'll bring the wine, and he'll bring the sweet rum.

((White powder coverlets the senses))

It's odd; you know?  How the ice turns soft. Soft becomes cold. Cold becomes hot.
Stranger yet...last nights spaghetti. It got caught in my throat, it still sits in my stomach, all tied in a knot.

When the clock strikes twelve, my neighbor will come.
He's my Cousin's, Sister's Brother, born from a different Father and Mother.  He'll bring us more cocaine.  But I must warn you. Can you keep a secret?  He's a little off. Perhaps a little insane.  
















© 2014 Muse


Author's Note

Muse
I can't possibly try to share with you my inspiration here. So I will instead..plead the 5th. But as all of you know, I'm always looking for a new way to mess with the reader. So my intent here, was to overwhelm the senses, much the same way that cocaine does.





My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I adore such trippy trips sideways round the honeycombed mind where inside of every crevice a rhythmic pop pop on an easel will claw away all fabricated nuances of what poetry is 'supposed to be' and deliver a brand new dish of mind bending delectable delicacies of imaginative play~ lovin on the cross pollination of fairy tales with urban drawl~to be completely honest with you I don't have to guess at all at the magiks that spark such creative wonders since my brainpan is chock full of squirming swirling images in broad surreal screen 24/7~ this banquet of exotic fare I understand better than everyday poetic ramblings~ this is Dali tripping the high wire fantastic with Nina Hagen~ LOVE IT~perfect meter also if I may add which adds to the mental cadence of the reader~

Posted 12 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.




Reviews


Extra-Strength Tylenol please.. Those spaghetti caught in the throat, sits in the stomach, all tied in a knot made me wanna puke. I don't know. It made me think of flukes. This poem is like parasitic worm getting into my brain. Strong, nauseating and powerful.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Muse

10 Years Ago

ha ha ha...mission accomplished.
Androglossia

10 Years Ago

Oh I hate you... You are so cruel :(
Well you certainly succeeded with this one, in fact you almost made me cry - sniff sniff

I don't think I need say any more because, it would appear that almost everything has been said. All Good Things, N

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

magic!

Posted 11 Years Ago


me either...but have known many who have...it is a false sense of contentment...

and it wears off...then becomes necessary...over and over and over.

to where we can't live life in a normal state...i have friends who have been into other drugs too...same analogy.

good poem

jacob

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

you are too good everything i have read so far is spotless

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I have never taken drugs in my life but I always ask people who have tried about their experiences with a great curiosity! I was carried away with this poem - your descriptions are vivid, picturesque, so childish and naive in some way, but so powerful and attention grabbing! Thank you for this inspiring exploration of a different reality!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Muse

11 Years Ago

I love your interpretation of this writing. I too have never taken a hit...so writing about somethi.. read more
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Ees
Brilliant.
So disjointed, laced with magic and storybooks, tethered to the ground in reality of images like the rolled dollar bills and dilated pupils and " He's my Cousin's, Sister's Brother, born from a different Father and Mother. He'll bring us more cocaine. But I must warn you. Can you keep a secret? He's a little off...perhaps a little insane. "- that's so real.

"Stranger yet......last nights spaghetti. It got caught in my throat, it still sits in my stomach, all tied in a k..."-- loved that bit a lot.

fantastic work!!!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Well it is a picture that is sure and true. Sad that many will not see the warning your poetry and pictures give. Instead, they will seek the knowledge of the "forbidden fruit" first hand. Human nature has always been drawn to explore the edges. Your poetry should send the message that this is nothing to play with.
Nice write.
Be well

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 2 people found this review constructive.

i like your inventive use of language; jolly bubbling frenzied matipulations, very good writing, thanks

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Muse

11 Years Ago

ha ha ha...and thank you!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

5569 Views
126 Reviews
Shelved in 15 Libraries
Added on December 19, 2011
Last Updated on September 9, 2014
Tags: cocaine, life, humor, poem, poetry, drama, sex, gossip, devil, fantasy, macabre, stories, art, fun, dance, drugs, addiction, light, dark


Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Sssnake Sssnake

A Poem by Muse