Locket of Her Part2

Locket of Her Part2

A Story by Muse
"

So many of you asked for a sequel..I suppose it will also inspire a 3rd. :D

"
Unfortunately it has happened before; the Heavens frowning down on a birth, that blasphemed the very laws of human creation.  However, it did not change the fact, that this woman was a breathtaking abnormality..

Yet, because she was so fair amongst the lilies, Natura, Mother of life, spared her the judgement that she often delivered by lightning.  And within this body of celestial presence, it was decided that fate, would instead, be allowed to run it's course.



 


She was now, a living breathing flower, she felt human for sure.  But her mind was that of a young poppy seed, stimulated by the endorphins of life. Ignorant and apathetic towards the skeletal remains that rested beside her.  Too lacking in understanding and perception to recognize the bones of her Lover.  But look for him she did.  Sharing the same familiar ache that he once felt.  Looking...always looking in vain for the memory of a heart beat, feeling his ghost that still aroused her within.

She sighed.....his breathing pulse was nowhere to be found.



Raking her fingers through the mossy ground that delivered her three dawns ago, she was grateful for the occasional visitors and trespassers.  The earthworms that tickled her toes.  Aphids that colored her torso.  Bees that took pollen from her lips. Moths that powdered her cheeks.  The soft rain that bathed her skin the night before.  She was never alone in this respect.  It was just her human side that suffered.  It quickly devoured her; all the uncertain questioning.

To cope with it all, numbness creeped in, and she began losing what little understanding she had of her reality.  Her mind just an echo of Spring, but she could hear a set of wings, frittering and fluttering right above her head.  The bird could see that her shoulder was made strong and square. Perfect for a humming bird, that fancied her now for a perch.  With it's beak, it began inspecting her mane.

"Chirrup," sung the bird.  "You are an oak tree like no other, what is this embellishment that covers your bark in saffron colored silk?"

"I'm not a tree, and it's my hair," gushed the girl.

Fluttering its wings in her ear, it chirped back, "It would make a lovely nest, and you have so much of this hair, there's plenty to spare.  If I take just a little, you should not care?"

Reluctant, she gave the bird a nod of approval, tipping her head to the side, offering a few strands of her hair.  Then she felt the whirring and the buzzing.  It was just the one humming bird at first, then there were two, and they invited four more.  Soon there was too many to count.  A noisy storm of birds swarming her head. Pluck, tug, picking, whirring, humming, chirping, and more plucking! She tried battling them all away, grabbing a few of them in mid air.  In her defense, she delivered death in her hands. She could feel the soft feathers and the crunching of bones.  Bloody birds flying everywhere!

Eyes closed; there was a nagging burn that came from the red gaping pores that covered her naked scalp. 
She was not only pruned....they left her barren under the unforgiving sun.


© 2014 Muse


Author's Note

Muse
If you did not read part one...I imagine you'll be a little lost. So rewind...go back a step if you have not read this from the beginning.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
.
applauding..you have excelled once more in this glorious fantasy trip into the light fantastic..and fantastic it is..your control of language is breathtaking, you make writing look easy! However you have developed a skillful art form and you imagination is something to hold and cherish.. I for one..am dumbfounded (but in a good way)..bows down..favoured..your on a roll

Posted 12 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I can picture the scene happening, and oddly enough, it has a sort of Japanese-style look to it now. Not sure what is provoking that. I'm heading on to part three now.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Muse

9 Years Ago

You asked for my inspiration. Some things are best to not be explained. Just know that I felt a sinc.. read more
VennelaMargame

9 Years Ago

There is a lot of heart in it.
I will gather all three and read as one and then we will discuss!

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A. Amos

9 Years Ago

I truly enjoyed so far and as I always told you, you're insanely talented in good way!
Muse

9 Years Ago

Do you think it's worth reworking to try and create a short story out of it?
A. Amos

9 Years Ago

Yes surely it is and you can play with a concept big time...
I like where this part is going... Yet I fear the 3rd part. Your mind is ever beyond anticipation.
Your pen is painting well but the dominant colors are shades of red.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Muse

11 Years Ago

or...one can see it as a release.
 David Scott

11 Years Ago

I see so much here dear Muse!
The opiod escape included. So intricate! Really so. I would hav.. read more
This is wonderful. I feel a little sad while reading this I am not really sure why. Life gives life, death almost is final. I like the way you give death life in such a beautiful way.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Such sensuality it is really so intellegent and deep!

Posted 11 Years Ago


The great thing about nature is it never judges us, it is too bad that humans can not follow in its footsteps... this poem/story certainly had kept me riveted. when you can teach and entertain in a story then you know greatness, and you know greatness.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Muse

11 Years Ago

she does not die by the blade in part three...she dies by dog bite. No joke! lol
The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

11 Years Ago

i was speaking metaphorically about your writing saying that you did great job at your first attempt.. read more
Muse

11 Years Ago

well it's free...as of yet, nobody is paying to read me. lol
Now that I have gone back and read part one, this makes a lot more sense and the overall macabre feeling of loss is even more amplified now that I know the background. Bloody birds...

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is lovely - no more need be said! =)

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
...
. i am in tears ... barren am i ... she said ... and bereft too ... there's nothing left to give now ... i wish they'd taken away my heartbeat too ... and my breaths ... there is little purpose of my being ... and the sun ... the unforgiving sun knows nothing about me ... as he burns me ... (your words remind me of me -- your words remind me of how it is to be barren and bereft -- your words remind me of the unforgiving sun -- and "the bloody birds flying everywhere) ... thank you for this post ... i felt i was heard ... there's great poetic justice in that ... you are a true poet ...

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Ok--got me going--besides the fact that you use words so well--I am entranced with the story

Posted 11 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1213 Views
40 Reviews
Shelved in 9 Libraries
Added on April 1, 2012
Last Updated on June 8, 2014
Tags: Story, poem, fiction, fantasy, woman, lover, nature, lust, life, earth, plants, bugs, sadness


Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Untitled...... Untitled......

A Poem by Muse


Sacred Text Sacred Text

A Poem by Muse


The Last Waltz The Last Waltz

A Poem by Muse