Morning Haze

Morning Haze

A Story by Vertigoingnowhere

My eyes opened slowly as i woke from my sleep. The night before i closed the blinds, but the bright sun found a way through. It shot warm beams of light on to my tiresome eyes. I gave up on sleep and got out of bed. I grabbed my blanket, went down stairs and walked out the front door. The ground was cold under the soles of my feet. A butterfly flew gracefully past my face. I followed it with my eyes. It seemed to kiss the air as it flutterd out of sight. I stepped off the stone path and my feet felt the cool glistening grass that swayed with the wind. The birds sang a sweet tune. The woodpecker pecked away trying to make a home in an old maple tree. I climbed onto a tree and sat on one of its kind branches. A lady bug crawled onto my motionless finger. It seemed to rest a moment before spreading its wings and flew away. I look to the sky, saw all the tree's intertwined branches and decided to climb some more. I climbed as high as i could to the top of the tree. The sky so blue and the clouds so white, I guess that brings a whole new meaning to "head in the clouds".

© 2012 Vertigoingnowhere


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

It's a nice description and I the end is well done, too.
The font hurts my eyes a bit though - you might want to space things out a bit ^^;
Anyway, keep up the good work :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


Nicely done. While your thoughts tell a story, it is not truly a "story" in terms of writing stories. It is more of a prose poem than a story. Other than switching from past tense to present tense, sometimes in mid sentence, there was one incorrect usage of a word... "tiresome". For the context in which it is found, it doesn't quite work right. Otherwise a nicely crafted and fun to read prose poem. I love the nature scenes you painted. Such a feeling of beauty and tranquility with a great discovery ending. Keep honing your lovely talent.

Posted 12 Years Ago


'kind branches' has to be my favourite combination here - just the smooth loving personality that nature brings us.

Posted 12 Years Ago


It's beautiful. It can produce vivid image in the readers' minds effortlessly.

Posted 12 Years Ago


The description in this story is great... no its incredible and I had a nice time reading this. All I can say is beautiful

Posted 12 Years Ago


i love the way you portray the beauty of nature and colors


Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I love your voice. The images are amazingly descriptive, which isn't seen very much. Great Work!

Posted 12 Years Ago


A nice story in the poem. Always good to open your eyes to the beauty of life. I like how you ended the excellent poem.
Coyote

Posted 12 Years Ago


BEAUTIFUL!!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Beautiful!!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

599 Views
22 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 19, 2011
Last Updated on January 20, 2012

Author

Vertigoingnowhere
Vertigoingnowhere

Sarasota, FL



About
My name is Hannah. I am 18 years old and a senior in high school. To my wonderment I am survived it. These are my adventurers and devestations as I stand my ground, cuss out society and of course, th.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..