Midnight Rain

Midnight Rain

A Story by Vertigoingnowhere
"

A little something i wrote in biology class.

"
It was the middle of the night and the sound of the rain woke me from my sleep. I got out of bed and opened the window. As i opened it, the rain started to meet my face, as the drops bounced off the window sill. I closed the window, grabbed my rain boots and hurried outside. As i opened the door, i saw what seemed like a curtain of raindrops falling off the roof top. I put on my rain boots and stopped in front of the rain curtain. 3...2...1 GO! I said to myself. I burst through the rain and ran over to the covering under the trees. I watched and listened to the music of the water drops. In the light of the moon it looked as if glitter was raining down from the heavens. I ran to the street where there were puddles all around. I hesitated for a moment, then jumped into one. I felt like a little kid again. After jumping a little while more, i walked back up to the door. I turned back to take one more glance at the sparkling rain, then walked inside.

© 2011 Vertigoingnowhere


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

seems someone is a bit distracted in class. beautiful little scene here. i still like to play in the rain, especially i like to play in the rain after youth group when there is a thunder storm, its great. me and some of my friend will run around, jumping in puddles, and shooting songs of praise toward the heavens.

and Sophie, not necessarily, i've seen it rain where the sun is shinning brite as ever, the same thing could happen with the moon, i've seen much stranger weather.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I loved this. I loved the imagery, the descriptions you used. I love the rain too and often go outside during storms, and by reading this I felt like I was back under the rain. I could feel the drops on my skin.

Really good piece :) If I may add a suggestion however, near the beginning you use "as" a bit too often, I found it a bit repetitive. This is minor stuff though. The overall piece works very well and I very much enjoyed it.

Posted 11 Years Ago


This is beautiful imagery! Check capitalization, especially i, I. This is fun to read, though.

Posted 11 Years Ago


i love it
and how you draw out the scene
good job

Posted 12 Years Ago


Dear Beautifully Imperfect,

The idea was great and something I think all of us can relate to. That moment of appreciation and childlike joy from such simple things as rain. It's short and says a lot. Reminds me of the time I played in the rain. Of course, I am not allowed to do that anymore. Oh when I escape from this house. That'll be one of the first things I do. Lol, I am rambling.

Thank you for sharing.

Sincerely Livana Lowell (LL)

God bless

Posted 12 Years Ago


Sweet and simple. I don't quite understand the concept of the story though. By describing the setting a bit more, you could probably clear up a lot of stuff that's not understood. Also, If you let the theme of the innocence of children (which seems to be the theme) or maybe just letting your heart be free, a little more clear, the story would be worth so much more.
Hope I wasn't harsh,
Audrey

Posted 12 Years Ago


First off, I love the title. And the imagery is great. It's a beautiful scene.

Posted 12 Years Ago


made me smile. very nice.
a few minor comments - i though "started to meet my face" was too passive. can you make shorter and more active?
i liked the anticipation created when you pause in front of the rain curtain, then jump through.
i thought the repitition of walked, kind of a dull verb, in the last two sentences, combined with the one glance back, ended the story with a melancholy note...was that intended? sort of leaving behind the brief outdoor wonderland to go back to the normal world...


Posted 12 Years Ago


In fantasy stories it doesn't have to stay true to the form of the law of physics. The moon can shine during a rain storm and the drops of water can be tinsel falling from tree branches instead of clouds. Nice snippet of a spontaneous romp in the rain in the middle of the night. You did a good job enjoyable to read.

Posted 12 Years Ago


nighst magic on full display in this my friend Im a up allnight person and the night and rain tow of my favorite colors apon the canvas love this it flows and you feel the night breath in every line very impressive write raises a glass to this one

Keep posting and stay crazy my friend

Posted 12 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
.
There really is something magical about the rain..obviously we dont always see it..but when you have that moment, you can suddenly see the wonder of it..the simplicity..the beauty..really nicely captured.

Posted 12 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

833 Views
40 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 23, 2011
Last Updated on November 23, 2011

Author

Vertigoingnowhere
Vertigoingnowhere

Sarasota, FL



About
My name is Hannah. I am 18 years old and a senior in high school. To my wonderment I am survived it. These are my adventurers and devestations as I stand my ground, cuss out society and of course, th.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..