The revealation

The revealation

A Story by Haim Kadman
"

An excerpt of "On Both Sides OF The Abyss."

"

Brigadier General Jaber Bashir the commander of Damascus police force was furious after the meeting he had to attend with Adanan Dabagh the minister of interior, the latter reprimanded him for allowing the hated internal security service to use a police helicopter without the minister's knowledge and permission; and the ministry had to suffer the huge expanses on top of it, which the hated internal security service's representative haggled and refused to reimburse the escapade's total sum.

Who could have leaked it to the minister's office? Who's the fool that opened his trap? He wondered sitting all alone in his spacious office, right after having returned from that humiliating meeting. It must have been Ayoub, yeah Ayoub Shakra the force veteran pilot. He raised the receiver and dialed the number of the police hangar at Damascus airport.

'Is Ayoub Shakra present?' He asked without greeting the police officer that answered his call.

'Yes sir he's here and ready to carry out your orders sir.'

'Send him with one of the helicopters to my office and on the double!'

Ten minutes later sergeant Ayoub Shakra was standing at attention, tensed and with a pale face near the general's desk.

'Have you told anyone about the flight to Lebanon?'

'No sir I kept my mouth shut and obeyed strictly your orders sir.'

'Not even to your colleagues at the airport?'

'I swear I didn't say a word sir, I took a three days sickness leave up to Friday because I've caught cold waiting for them in the cold cockpit, and on Saturday morning when I arrived we were all busy, and it was simply forgotten.'

So it must be Abdul Karim himself that bragged about his successful agent, the Rifa'ee daughter; and how he flew to Beirut and caught her up, and I won't be surprised if he screwed her then and there the b*****d.

'Alright Ayoub I believe you, sit down and tell me how that flight passed.

'We flew to Beirut to the Lebanese internal security center…'

'He didn't take someone with him?'

'No sir it was just the two of us.'

'And then what? Well go on talk!'

'He ordered me to switch off the engine and have dinner outside the center's premises in a nearby restaurant, while he entered the building. When I came back I've waited fifteen minutes up to his return, and he ordered me to fly him northward to Jbeil. We circled the ancient port and he ordered me to land on the beach in a solitary spot some fifty yards away from the ancient port…'

'Well go on I'm listening!'

'He went on foot to the direction of the ancient port and returned after two hours almost leading a young woman to the chopper.'

'Was there still light and you have seen her face and can you describe her?

'Yes sir I'd good look at her and she sat between the two of us. She's of medium height, slim but with an abundant bust and blonde hair. 

So it isn't his agent then, it must be his Lebanese mistress that ran away from him; and he had the guts to loan a helicopter to get her back.

'Did they talk while flying and where did you fly them?'

'She didn't utter a single word sir, not when we flew to Beirut and not when I flew them back to Jbeil sir.'

'Don’t you dare to skip a thing! What happened in Beirut?'

'He ordered me to wait for them in the cockpit, and a chauffeur came out and drove the two of them I don't where sir. I waited over three hours and then I flew them back to Jbeil and landed near the ancient port to let her off, and right afterwards we flew back home.'

'Okay Ayoub you may return to your unit at the airport.

So it isn't neither his agent nor his mistress that ran away from him… It must be some Lebanese w***e that he met and fancies. The Damascus police head concluded amazed and went on thinking. Abdul didn't reveal it on purpose but while haggling with the ministry's accountant he must have told him the truth. I won't do him any favors again, and I'll teach him a lesson the b*****d. Without wasting time he phoned to his friend's office.

'Oh hello Jaber how're you doing?' Abdul Karim answered his call cheerfully.

'I've had a detailed report from the pilot the one that flew you and your w***e, and I'd a hell of a time from our interior minister because of that pleasure trip of yours, don't ever call me again and don't ask my favors!' He added raising his voice and hung up.

Well dear Jaber will cool off in a day or two as far as I know him, but that pilot must have took Nour for a w***e the idiot. Well he is going to pay with his life for his treachery. Abdul Karim thought furiously with growing rage. But after just a few seconds he changed his mind. To kill that idiot would be a too risky mistake, I'll put him under an open surveillance for a week, and he'll collapse out of fear and nervousness and lose his job; and if it would arouse questions I can always claim that he was suspected in drug trafficking or some other offence. Yes that's the right punishment that this idiot deserves. He thought relieved and phoned his deputy.

'Hello Rashid do you know the leading police chopper pilot?'

'You mean Ayoub the Druse sir?'

'Yes that's him, put him under open surveillance, a team of three will suffice.'

© Haim Kadman December 2013 �" all rights reserved.

© 2013 Haim Kadman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

360 Views
Added on December 14, 2013
Last Updated on December 14, 2013
Tags: intelligence, suspens, suspicion, emergency, love

Author

Haim Kadman
Haim Kadman

Petach-Tikva, Israel



About
Profile: A few words about myself: being a native of a small country whose waist is seventeen kilometers wide in a certain area; and in seven to eight hours drive one can cross its length, I was amaze.. more..

Writing
Moscow Moscow

A Story by Haim Kadman


Back home Back home

A Story by Haim Kadman