Clarification

Clarification

A Story by Haim Kadman
"

An excerpt of my book "On Both Sised of the Abyss."

"

Some one hundred and thirty miles south of Damascus not far from Tel Avia, a weekly meeting of the external affairs and activities department took place; in somewhat dejected atmosphere.

'I don't like at all the way this project has messed up.' Guy Peleg declared coughing loudly. 'There's no doubt that she's in a very close relationship with that Abdul Karim, who's no other than their internal security service head. She was born in Damascus, her father is a prominent Ba'ath party member, and now this Abdul Karim takes a personal care of her. Does anyone among us believe that she'll betray that powerful new protégé of hers, after he saved her from arrest and trial and only God knows what kind of death…'

'But as long as that pilot is in our custody they have no idea that their plot is known to us.' Dan Goren one of the team heads dared to remark.

'And how long do you think it will take them to find out that he defected, and it doesn't matter to what country he has defected; be it Jordan, Iraq, they'll solve the riddle.' Guy raised his voice and thumped the table with his right open palm.

'But there're ways and means to keep that project going Guy.' Dan Goren intervened cutting off the sudden short lull that fell.

'Don't talk to me in slogans; do you have a concrete solution to the problem?' Guy was still in a stormy mood.

'Just in general lines Guy, I thought of spreading a rumor in the media that we've found some chopper debris say a rear propeller or some other part on our northern coast near the border with Lebanon, or in the sea close to the shore.'

'What do we know about the chopper that the Druse pilot left near Ankara? Did anyone have a word with Jack or Zachary?'

'It simply vanished Guy without any traces left, that's what Jack says. It seems that the Turks or a private firm has confiscated it stealthily, and there was nothing about it in the Turkish papers since his defection.'

'Alright Dan's idea should be elaborated to perfection, otherwise they may realize that it's a hoax; and they'll believe that we're holding the pilot and the chopper, that would be their conclusion if we'll overdo it.'

'We can paint their insignia on a few old chopper spare parts, and drop it to the sea near the shore from a plane at night…'

'It won't work,' Guy cut him short impatiently. 'An unidentified panel or part of it without any signs, a light part that can float made of plastic or fiberglass…' Guy made a short pause shaping in his mind the right words to conclude the idea.

'The part that will be found as Dan suggested at the water line of the shore should be a part of an unidentified type of an air plane, and without any signs on it. That's one thing that would lead the Syrians to believe that their police chopper crashed into the sea, and the news item about it should be of two or three sentences and would appear in one leading newspaper, as if its publication was a breach of the censorship's instructions.'

'They may not 'buy' it Guy.' Karni remarked with a hint of skepticism.

'I believe that this would be their conclusion if they won't find any trace of the chopper and of the pilot; they may ignore the news item as you believe Karni, but they won't know that the pilot has defected to us and that he is alive.'

© Haim Kadman January 2014 �" all rights reserved.

© 2014 Haim Kadman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

430 Views
Added on January 8, 2014
Last Updated on January 8, 2014
Tags: intelligence, suspens, suspicion, emergency, decision

Author

Haim Kadman
Haim Kadman

Petach-Tikva, Israel



About
Profile: A few words about myself: being a native of a small country whose waist is seventeen kilometers wide in a certain area; and in seven to eight hours drive one can cross its length, I was amaze.. more..

Writing
Moscow Moscow

A Story by Haim Kadman


Back home Back home

A Story by Haim Kadman