Last minute consultation

Last minute consultation

A Story by Haim Kadman
"

An excerpt of my 13th book, a thriller to be published soon.

"

Last minute consultation

"THE GLOBAL THREAT"

An excerpt

Right after briefing his foreign affairs minister Fidan was driven in his limousine to the Pink Villa to report before the president, as they were supposed to reach The Grand National Assembly together. The members and most the government ministers were already there since ten am as usual, while the foreign affairs minister was on his way to join his colleagues. Fidan thought he should have a few words with the president first of all, as the president would surely wish to advise him what to say in his speech, for the president has let him know that he would just attend the assembly's meeting, and he prefers in this certain occasion to listen to Fidan speech; and honor The Grand National Assembly with his attendance, and just say a few words at the session's opening.

When he was ushered to the president's office Fidan realized that the president made an effort to overcome his state of fretfulness, while he welcomed him with a forced smile.

'Let's sit down Hakan,' the president muttered and led him to his desk.

'I'm not coming with you Hakan I'd rather stay, it would appear to our ex allies as if I've second thoughts, and as if I haven't made up my mind yet on whose side we're.'

'Oh that's a great idea Your Excellency, should I inform the assembly that you don't feel well?'

'Yes Hakan but only if they'll wish to know it, now then I've written a few points that you should ignore in your speech; not a word about our relations with NATO, or the Americans and the Incirlik air base evacuation.' The president cleared his throat watching intently his prime minister, wondering it he has something to say, after all it's Hakan's speech and he knew that if Hakan had some other thoughts he won't hide it from him.

'Nothing not even a hint on our agreement with Teheran, our invasion was an act of self defense etc.' 

'Of course Your Excellency I'll adhere to your exceptional insight and instructions.' Fidan hastened to assure him. 'But it won't last long, when do Your Excellency thinks we should expose our cards?'

'We don't have to expose our cards Hakan they'll have to get used to it, whether they would like it or not.' The president added with a short sarcastic laugh, which worried his prime minister.

'I intend to travel again next week to Teheran Your Excellency, and plan with our new allies the next stages…'

'You'd better fix with their ambassador an earlier date Hakan, and do find out what's really on their minds concerning our relations' future.

'Yes Your Excellency I'll stick to your wise advice, and tell Yilmaz to inform their ambassador about our wish to plan our next mutual moves.'

'I don't trust them much Hakan, and I count on you to find our what they're really after. They've their fanatic ideas and dreams to turn their Shia faith as the world's one and only religion, and that's why we must be prepared for some kind of betrayal from their side. We don't wish to share the fate of Jews of Mecca, which were betrayed by our prophet Mohammad.' 

On the back seat of his limousine being driven to The Grand National Assembly building Fidan was reading again the speech, which he is supposed to carry before the assembly; while he was keeping in the back of his mind, the impressions Erdogan left on him just a short while ago.

The man is on the brink of a nervous breakdown, he thought while memorizing the main points in his prepared speech. He doesn't have the guts I thought he has. He kept on thinking.

If he'll break down and we'll have to hospitalize him, I'll have to replace him. It doesn't worry me much for truth sake, after all I'm not just carrying out his instructions; I'm initiating our external and internal policies, and I keep updating him for some time now… Well I'll better be ready to that obvious possibility in a few days, when we'll have to confront the US and EU's pressure about what are our true relations with Iran.

© Haim Kadman March 2014 �" all rights reserved.

© 2014 Haim Kadman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

233 Views
Added on March 31, 2014
Last Updated on March 31, 2014
Tags: suspense, intelligence, action, espionage, adventure

Author

Haim Kadman
Haim Kadman

Petach-Tikva, Israel



About
Profile: A few words about myself: being a native of a small country whose waist is seventeen kilometers wide in a certain area; and in seven to eight hours drive one can cross its length, I was amaze.. more..

Writing
Moscow Moscow

A Story by Haim Kadman


Back home Back home

A Story by Haim Kadman