The short visit

The short visit

A Story by Haim Kadman
"

An except of the the thriller "THE GLOBAL THREAT", to be published soon.

"

The short visit

The global threat

At about midday Hakan Fidan's plane landed at Teheran Imam Khomeini international airport. There was no need to fly at night time anymore; Turkey's tight relationship with Iran was already known to Turkey's ex allies. Thus Fidan could fly in broad daylight, without any worry who would spy on his trips. He was expected for lunch at the Niarvan Palace with His holy Highness and the Iranian cabinet members, before the talks he wished to have with them. He was accepted by the Prime Minister's Deputy and some cabinet ministers with a formal honor ceremony on a red carpet, and after the handshakes, introducing his entourage and reviewing the parade of honor, he and his entourage were taken to meet His Holy Highness and Iranian cabinet ministers.

He and his men were accepted very warmly, and after a short chat with His Holy Highness on a glass of fruit juice they sat to the table with all the prominent cabinet members that  were present there, for a late but buoyant lunch; right afterwards while all the rest were still sitting over dessert and coffee, Fidan followed His Holy Highness to head to head meeting in the latter's office.

'So my dear colleague what can we do for you?' His Holy Highness asked Fidan with a benevolent smile on his lips.

'Oh you've done more than we've expected Your Holy Highness.' Fidan answered in the same jubilant state of mind. 'I've come to learn what Your Holy Highness thoughts are on our next mutual stages, and whether our Syrian ally has any notions on our agreement.'

'Thank you for your kind words our dear colleague. Well you can be sure that our Syrian ally has consented to the agreement terms and conditions, as for our next mutual stages we've to plan it yet after all we've completed successfully our first goals.'

'I see,' Fidan said after a short pause, 'with Your Holy Highness permission I'll leave now; I've got to return to Ankara and supervise the American instructors' deportation.'

'Oh what a pity we hoped you'll stay with us a few more hours up to dinner, but alright let's return to the hall and you'll take your leave from my ministers.' His Holy Highness said and stood up.

They haven't planned the next stages yet, which means that we aren't included in their next stages as simple as all that. Fidan thought while he and his entourage were driven back to the airport. They were all very careful not to say anything of importance during the ride, as they were instructed by Fidan before they landed at Teheran Imam Khomeini international airport several hours earlier. But when the Gulfstream IV jet took off and reached normal flight height, Fidan wondered aloud if any one of them heard anything peculiar or if interest, while he was having the head to head meeting with the Iranian supreme leader.

Apart from the jet engines muffled noise silence fell in the plane cabin, no one had anything to say; except the foreign office general manager who cut off the short silence, and said that the Iranian Prime Minister Deputy treated him with obvious haughtiness.

That's the clue and the key to understand what are their plans concerning our relationship… Fidan thought worried. They plan to turn us in the long into a satellite state just like Syria. He did not intend to express his thoughts orally of course, but he noticed watching the faces of his men that they knew what he was thinking.

© Haim Kadman April 2014 " all rights reserved.

© 2014 Haim Kadman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I really like your writing its very unique and you know how to capture your readers. I really enjoyed reading this story and just want to say keep up the good. I hope you don't mind when you get the time if you could read one of my stories and give me you advice and rating. I appreciate it especially coming from a great writer like you:) thank you.

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

313 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on April 24, 2014
Last Updated on April 24, 2014
Tags: suspense, intelligence, espionage, double agent, operator, Damascus, Beirut, Ankara, Teheran

Author

Haim Kadman
Haim Kadman

Petach-Tikva, Israel



About
Profile: A few words about myself: being a native of a small country whose waist is seventeen kilometers wide in a certain area; and in seven to eight hours drive one can cross its length, I was amaze.. more..

Writing
Moscow Moscow

A Story by Haim Kadman


Back home Back home

A Story by Haim Kadman