The rehearsal

The rehearsal

A Story by Haim Kadman
"

An excerpt of my thriller THE GLOBAL THREAT.

"

The rehearsal

The global threat

An excerpt

At about 11 am that same day Rohanei, Zarif and their four aides were in the Iranian embassy in Washington for an urgent update with the Iranian ambassador.

'As you're supposed to meet the American president this week I've received additional instructions for you signed by His Holy Highness.' The ambassador told his guests while hosting them in his bug and wiretap safe proof office.

'It's just a short notice to let you know that during a regular naval maneuver, one of our drones crashed on the deck of an American aircraft carrier. His Holy Highness hopes it may help you to reach our country's goals, and you'll have to emphasize our demands and His Holy Highness expects you to conduct the negotiations with much more determination than usual.'

'It's an exceptionally wise move that was taken by His Holy Highness, and it's very helpful for our cause!' Rohanei declared enthusiastically. 'If that's the case I believe we should strike while the iron is hot, which means we'll send our foreign affairs minister and his two aides to meet the American president, to increase the pressure on them; and let them understand that we're terribly offended, and we expect them to accept our demands; and I want to hear your comments my dear compatriots to our plan, which we've already used once when our foreign affairs minister met their vice president. We'll repeat that trick in a more sophisticated mode this time, as our foreign affairs minister will have to consult me through his Smartphone, after every sentence uttered by the American president.'

'Yes it's a good idea Your Excellency.' The ambassador said.

'What does our foreign affairs minister think?' Rohanei asked Zarif, he had to tie all the loose ends before leaving the safety of the ambassador's office.

'I'd like to have a more free hand Your Excellency.' Zarif's answered him with a feigned note of hesitation.

'Very well you'll have it, but you'll have to pretend that you need my advice and approval and you'll call me.'

'Shall we have lunch at the embassy premises Your Excellency?' The ambassador wondered aloud.

'No we'll eat outside in Washington's best restaurant and you'll lead the way.' Rohanei replied smiling. 'Let them think that we've a reason to celebrate, and we're in good spirits.'

'But Your Excellency has just said that he wishes to play the role of the offended party.'

'We don't have to wreck our heads what they'll make out of it, and we'll make them feel offended; by taking full advantage of Qasem's exceptional last provocation.'

© Haim Kadman May 2014 " all rights reserved.

"The global threat" is a thriller that describes possible geopolitical developments in the very near future. Its plot encompasses the era from mid 2014 up to the end of July 2016. The book's various protagonists are the decision makers in several states all over the globe, which are linked to each other by mutual and contracting state and personal interests.

This thriller is a work of fiction, and is a product of the author's imagination. The protagonists and the different characters' names, and the plot's background descriptions might remind real persons and locations; as the book's purpose is to praise human wisdom, endeavors and accomplishments, there is no harm, offense or insult in it's being a facsimile of real life.

THE GLOBAL THREAT a thriller published with Amazon, 57 chapters, 147 pages, 72,341 words.

 ganxy.com/i/94165.

www.amazon.co.uk/Kindle.../s?...Haim%20Kadman...27%3AHaim%20K..

www.amazon.co.uk › Books  Fiction  Adventure Stories & Action

www.freado.com/book/18683/tha-global-threat

© 2014 Haim Kadman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

387 Views
Added on May 17, 2014
Last Updated on June 8, 2014
Tags: suspense, intelligence, action, espionage, adventure

Author

Haim Kadman
Haim Kadman

Petach-Tikva, Israel



About
Profile: A few words about myself: being a native of a small country whose waist is seventeen kilometers wide in a certain area; and in seven to eight hours drive one can cross its length, I was amaze.. more..

Writing
Moscow Moscow

A Story by Haim Kadman


Back home Back home

A Story by Haim Kadman