Lunch with Qasem

Lunch with Qasem

A Story by Haim Kadman
"

An excerpt of the thriller THE GLOBAL THREAT to be published soon.

"

The global threat

'Your Holy Highness Qasem wishes to come and see you, he's just returned from Damascus.' The supreme leader's secretary turned to his boss through the intercom.

'Tell him I'll be glad to have lunch with him, if he hadn't have lunch yet.' Kianoush answered with enthusiasm, eager to meet his adored and loyal subordinate.

Within twenty five minutes they were having  lunch together, at His Holy Highness dining room.

'I'm very pleased with your achievements and the excellent results that you've accomplished so successfully Qasem.' His Holy Highness said with a benevolent smile.

'The results Your Holy Highness are what Your Holy Highness has expected of me.

He's very ambitious my loyal Qasem and he should be promoted to a higher status; our next defense minister should have his well justified prize. The quick thought passed through Kianoush's brain. 'So how was it over there in Damascus? What's your impressions of their president, now after his rule has been guaranteed?' 

'I was humiliated Your Holy Highness, yes that's the right term I'm not exaggerating. He treated with haughtiness and was rather polite to the young and inexperienced Turkish general.

'Really that's very interesting Qasem, do you think that it was some kind of an exaggerated self esteem, or was it premeditated?'

'I believe he did it on purpose, as if to say here's another force that I can rely on.'

'Do you know that the Turks have turned to the American ambassador and they told him that they've cancelled the Incirlik evacuation decree?'

'It's the first time that I hear it Your Holy Highness, and I do understand now why he was so pompous. He might turn to the Americans just like the Turks returned to them, now that we did the dirty work for him.'

'We'd better learn more about it Qasem before reaching any conclusions. It might have been a temporary illusion on his side; he can't play the Turks against us, because the Turks may be satisfied with the stretch of land, which they've annexed to their territory and that  may sum up all their support to him and their ties with us.'

'We should teach him a lesson the ungrateful b*****d, sorry to have used blasphemy in your presence Your Holy Highness…' Qasem hastened to excuse himself.

'He'll get back to his senses and realize that without us he's done for.' Kianoush remarked, without referring to Qasem's rude outburst. 'I think you should send one of your deputies to deal with the Syrian president, and make him understand that it was a mistake to treat you as he did…'

'That's exactly what I'll do Your Holy Highness, I swore this morning that I won't return to Damascus before this weakling would be replaced.'

'Don't attach to much importance to our relation with the Syrians they're in our hands, there're much more drastic problems that I wish you to take care of. I intend to depose Hossein Dehghan he was left too long in his office, and he's the worst defense minister we've ever had.' His Holy Highness exaggerated on purpose letting Qasem to understand that he is his future defense minister. 'We've some trouble on our borders by the Iraqi Al Qaeda after they've conquered Bagdad. 'Nahavandian the chief of staff isn't a brilliant officer, but under your command he'll act as we expect him to act.' His Holy Highness coughed slightly, watching Qasem's face for a few seconds. He did not expect him to comment or reject his offer of course; he simply read his body language and realized how thankful Qasem is. It was written all over his face.

© Haim Kadman May 2014 " all rights reserved.


"The global threat" is a thriller that describes possible geopolitical developments in the very near future. Its plot encompasses the era from mid 2014 up to the end of July 2016. The book's various protagonists are the decision makers in several states all over the globe, which are linked to each other by mutual and contracting state and personal interests.

This thriller is a work of fiction, and is a product of the author's imagination. The protagonists and the different characters' names, and the plot's background descriptions might remind real persons and locations; as the book's purpose is to praise human wisdom, endeavors and accomplishments, there is no harm, offense or insult in it's being a facsimile of real life.

THE GLOBAL THREAT a thriller published with Amazon, 57 chapters, 147 pages, 72,341 words.

 ganxy.com/i/94165.

www.amazon.co.uk/Kindle.../s?...Haim%20Kadman...27%3AHaim%20K..

www.amazon.co.uk › Books  Fiction  Adventure Stories & Action

www.freado.com/book/18683/tha-global-threat

© 2014 Haim Kadman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

425 Views
Added on May 21, 2014
Last Updated on June 8, 2014
Tags: suspense, intelligence, action, espionage, adventure

Author

Haim Kadman
Haim Kadman

Petach-Tikva, Israel



About
Profile: A few words about myself: being a native of a small country whose waist is seventeen kilometers wide in a certain area; and in seven to eight hours drive one can cross its length, I was amaze.. more..

Writing
Moscow Moscow

A Story by Haim Kadman


Back home Back home

A Story by Haim Kadman