Changing partners

Changing partners

A Story by Haim Kadman
"

An excerpt of my 14th book, the thriller THE GLOBAL THREAT.

"

The Global Threat

The Turkish Prime Minister Hakim Aslan pulled the agreement file with Teheran out of his desk drawer, and read it again very carefully. He realized that except the contribution of the army to end the civil war in Syria, and Turkey's reward of the territory expansion southward, there was no reference to Ankara's future relations with Teheran. The talks in Teheran were under a pressure of time, as Damascus could fall into the hands of the rebels at any moment before the Turkish invasion, and the Iranian airlift of thousands of Al Quds warriors in an effort to repulse the rebels and defeat them. Thus the negotiations dealt just with the civil war and the award of territory expansion to Turkey. But what kind of a future can we reach with those that wish to spread the Shia faith all over the world? He wondered worried. Where're we Sunni Muslims in their plans, after we'll cut off formally our relations with the West? He didn't reach any conclusive idea yet, but he thought that it's his responsibility to discuss it with Erdogul before kicking the Western powers in their faces.

He had a few free moments up to his meeting with Aydin Ylmaz the foreign affairs minister, which he asked him to come to see him this morning. He had to brief him as the latter like most of the cabinet and the rest of government ministers, were not involved in the clandestine relationship with the Iranians. He knew he will have to address the Grand National Assembly soon after Ylmas will act according to his instructions.  

When his secretary announced Ylmaz's arrival and the latter entered, Aslan left his seat to meet him and shake his hand. Ylmaz was older than him and was already a minister when he was at the beginning of his career, but he treated him with respect as he treated all the cabinet ministers, and this was the main reason why he won their esteem and trust.

'Well how are you Aydin?' He asked with a warm smile.

'I'm fine sir, thank you very much sir.'

So that's how he survived all along his career, Aslan thought and led the veteran to his seat, and took his own seat facing Ylmaz.

'You surely have grasped lately that something was brewing between us and the Iranians. We kept it secret just the president and me knew about it, and our close aides of course; anyhow it isn't a secret anymore, and we'll have to explain our deeds to our ex allies.' He cut short his somewhat long monologue, to let Yilmaz comment or say whatever he wished to say. As the complexity of the situation was exposed to him for the first time… Although he could have guessed with his experience that extraordinary events took place.

And watching the foreign affairs minister Aslan realized that Yilmaz was not surprised.  

'It won't be easy of course at least at the first stage when we'll have to deny our cooperation with the Syrian's regime, which was reached through their Iranian patrons.' He did not have to tell Yilmaz anything about the provocation initiated by the army intelligence service, as it's over and irrelevant as far as his foreign minister should know. 'While addressing foreign ambassadors you'll deny our ties with Teheran, and these should be your office instructions to our ambassadors in the EU and the U.S. for the time being.' He had to pause and let Yilmaz a few seconds to get over his astonishment if he was astonished or to comment, for he was a public figure with quite experience at his advanced age, despite listening to the unexpected and drastic instructions.

'For how long sir, they surely won't take it seriously.'

Yilmaz daring and common sense surprised him.

'Let's say for about a week more or less Yilmaz. One more task under your responsibility is to tell the U.S. ambassador that his compatriots in our country are persona non grata, and they should leave our country within forty eight hours. We'll need of course to allow much more time to evacuate the Incirlik American airbase staff… You'll be generous and let them all the time they'll need to leave our country with their plans.'

'What about the volunteers camp near the border sir?'

'Thanks for reminding me dear Yilmaz we'll let them to the possibility to return to their own countries now when the civil war has ended, we may assist them with the fare but that's their only option leave or be arrested.'

© Haim Kadman May 2014 " all rights reserved.

  "The global threat" is a thriller that describes possible geopolitical developments in the very near future. Its plot encompasses the era from mid 2014 up to the end of July 2016. The book's various protagonists are the decision makers in several states all over the globe, which are linked to each other by mutual and contracting state and personal interests.

This thriller is a work of fiction, and is a product of the author's imagination. The protagonists and the different characters' names, and the plot's background descriptions might remind real persons and locations; as the book's purpose is to praise human wisdom, endeavors and accomplishments, there is no harm, offense or insult in it's being a facsimile of real life.

THE GLOBAL THREAT a thriller published with Amazon, 57 chapters, 147 pages, 72,341 words.

 ganxy.com/i/94165.

www.amazon.co.uk/Kindle.../s?...Haim%20Kadman...27%3AHaim%20K..

www.amazon.co.uk › Books  Fiction  Adventure Stories & Action

www.freado.com/book/18683/tha-global-threat

© 2014 Haim Kadman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

615 Views
Added on May 27, 2014
Last Updated on June 8, 2014
Tags: suspense, intelligence, action, espionage, adventure

Author

Haim Kadman
Haim Kadman

Petach-Tikva, Israel



About
Profile: A few words about myself: being a native of a small country whose waist is seventeen kilometers wide in a certain area; and in seven to eight hours drive one can cross its length, I was amaze.. more..

Writing
Moscow Moscow

A Story by Haim Kadman


Back home Back home

A Story by Haim Kadman