Good riddance

Good riddance

A Story by Haim Kadman
"

An excerpt of my 16th book, a novel relating the adventures of an art critic. To be published soon.

"

Good riddance

A post impressionistic career

Tsevieli walked along the corridor towards Dvorkin's office, while Vered took the opposite direction and turned towards the staircase, which led to the ground floor and the basement. On her way she met Yoav Berski again, the young man that made a pass at her last week in the restaurant.

'Hi Vered where to?' He greeted her excited expressing his wish to accompany her, no matter to where she is heading.

'It's none of your business.' She answered dryly, and went on ignoring him.

But he rushed after her and went beside her.

'Did you hear the last sensational news, about Naomi's accident?'

'No I didn't,' she answered him surprised. 'When did it happen?'

'Didn't he tell you?' Berski went on asking.

Vered stopped and turned around to him. 'Didn't you hear me, I asked you when did it happen'

'Her husband came to look for her the day before yesterday, right after lunch break. They kept arguing angrily while they went to the parking lot. He sat behind the steering wheel, and they crossed a junction in red light; and that's how it happened a car bumped into her side, and she was seriously injured.'

'Oh really, and what happened to her husband?' Vered wondered though it did not interest her much, but this young man did not have to know how relieved she felt hearing that this manipulative witch was punished by heaven.

Though I'm not religious I believe that she was punished by heaven. She kept thinking while listening to the rest of the details Berski kept on telling on her.

'Thanks and bye now I'm terribly busy.' She muttered to him and went towards the staircase.

Vered's first ever appearance at the paper's printing department was a spectacular event, the staff of young males mostly were not accustomed to a female's visit; and Vered was not a common female, her beauty dazzled the lot of them including their foreman. They huddled around her with excited smiles all over their faces, and their foreman bothered to explain to her every stage of their daily work up to midnight, when the paper is closed to any additional content. Thus the quarter of an hour that Vered spent there, passed very pleasantly. She was flattered by the amount of attention, which was showered on her; no changes were needed in the exhibitions' list, as there was enough space in the paper's art column. All she had to do was to smile back to a lot of excited males, and exchange witty pranks with them. It seemed hard for them to let her go and return to their work's routine, but the foreman change of attitude made her realize that she had to part from them and return to the office.

Tsevieli was already back in the office when she came in.

'He approved our supplement Vered, we did it!' Tsevieli greeted her with a cheerful smile. 'How were things down there?'

'Fine just fine, you didn't tell me anything about Naomi's accident.' She curbed coldly his enthusiasm.

'I thought it would embarrass both of us, and I knew that sooner or later you'll know all about it.'

'She's hospitalized I understand, are  you going to visit her?'

'Well she's in a state of coma, and from what I've heard she may not recover…' Tsevieli cleard his throat and hastened to change the subject.

'You know Dvorkin told me why Amnon resigned. He says that Amnon's wife took their three kids and flew to Toronto to her parents…So a week later he said that he's flying abroad for just the weekend, and joined her. He authorized a certain lawyer to handle his resignation's arrangements.

'You're a lucky man Asaf, luck knocked on your door twice.' 

'Let's leave the past behind us Vered and have lunch together to celebrate our the success of our first supplement.' Tsevieli was all smiles again.

'Okay Asaf provided I'll pay my order.'

© Haim Kadman September 2014 �" all rights reserved.

 

© 2014 Haim Kadman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

424 Views
Added on September 13, 2014
Last Updated on September 13, 2014
Tags: Art, criticism, articles, newspaper, supplement

Author

Haim Kadman
Haim Kadman

Petach-Tikva, Israel



About
Profile: A few words about myself: being a native of a small country whose waist is seventeen kilometers wide in a certain area; and in seven to eight hours drive one can cross its length, I was amaze.. more..

Writing
Moscow Moscow

A Story by Haim Kadman


Back home Back home

A Story by Haim Kadman