The preliminary meeting

The preliminary meeting

A Story by Haim Kadman
"

An excerpt of my 21st book and thriller A TWO EDGED SWORD.

"

The preliminary meeting

A Two Edged Sword

An excerpt

In his private office at the combined headquarters' building the four leading Russian senior officers, sat at an early morning hour to have a preparative discussion, before they will meet their Iranian and Syrian allies.

After they had a light breakfast and several cups of coffee, with a few drops of vodka; Major General Abdulov the head of the Russian military delegation to Syria opened up formally the meeting, and nodded his towards the delegation's operational officer, and  declared solemnly:

'Krasov will give us a short and concise report on the north front.'

'There's nothing much to report sir, the combined force at the Ar-Raqqa district boundary are licking their wounds; while the combined force south of Aleppo have reached a temporary ceasefire with the enemy.'

'A ceasefire what the hell for? Were they beaten or have they lost ground to the enemy?'

'No sir it's the Muslim holiday Eid al fitr, that's a holiday that ends up their Ramadan month of holiday sir.'

'But does the other side honor the ceasefire?' Abdulov wondered with a note of frustration.

'Only in some parts of the front sir, like in all the other times when we were asked by the United Nations, and when that American foreign minister tried to force a permanent ceasefire, which was agreed upon with Lavrov sir.'

'I think we should honor only on paper any agreed upon ceasefire, and blame the other side for violating it. Eid el what…? What do they call it, why won't they agree to a ceasefire every Friday; or to five times a day before each prayer, do I exaggerate? That's how they fight those clowns, and the Iranians or the Hezbollah aren’t much better.'

'But we can't ignore their faith and their traditional customs Leo.' Brigadier General Vassiliev Abdulov's deputy reminded his boss their allies' religious devotion.

'If they'll keep on fighting in this way, we'll reach old age here in this cursed country. I believe that we've to persuade them to do much more, to risk their lives for their own country, as soldiers are expected to; and leave the holiday or whatever  sort of break to the other side.' He summed up his conclusion, and sneaked a look at his watch.

'Alright it's high time to move, they're already waiting for at the combined force command and control center.'

General Abdulov locked his desk drawer, stood up and led his three comrades out of his office.

 Haim Kadman 2016 �" all rights reserved.

You can read the first three chapters of each of my 20 published novels & thrillers, at my Amazon.com page.

Amazon.com: Haim Kadman: Books, Biography, Blog, Audiobooks ...

https://www.amazon.com/Haim-Kadman/e/B009Z7XL8C

Or you can read each of my 20 novels and thrillers from beginning to end, with Amazon Kindle library.

www.amazon.com › Kindle Store › Kindle eBooks › Literature & Fiction

This link leads to one library book, but clicking the author's name or the book title, leads the reader to his chosen book.

© 2016 Haim Kadman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

388 Views
Added on August 24, 2016
Last Updated on August 24, 2016
Tags: Suspense, terror, war, jihadists, ISIS, Syria, Iraq, civil war

Author

Haim Kadman
Haim Kadman

Petach-Tikva, Israel



About
Profile: A few words about myself: being a native of a small country whose waist is seventeen kilometers wide in a certain area; and in seven to eight hours drive one can cross its length, I was amaze.. more..

Writing
Moscow Moscow

A Story by Haim Kadman


Back home Back home

A Story by Haim Kadman