Doubtful info

Doubtful info

A Story by Haim Kadman
"

You can download the thriller “Identity Conflict” > $2.99 from 3.10.17 up to 3.17.17, read the 1st 3chap of 22 books, or read the full text with KDP. https://www.amazon.com/Haim-Kadman/e/B009Z7XL8C

"

Doubtful newspaper

A Pincer Movement

An excerpt

The news about the American air squadron move to the Incherlick air base in Turkey, and the retreat of the American support unit to the Turkish Bashiqa camp north of Mosul; hit the Iraqi government and the prime minister in particular, like a thounder on a clear day.

Didn’t they explain to you, what made them leave with such urgency?’ Al-Abadi asked General Shaghati the head of the Iraqi special forces, who was in a daily direct contact with the American commander of the coalition forces; as the General with several senior officers of his staff took part in the cabinet meeting, beside the defense minister and the army chief of staff and his entourage.

He came to take his leave Your Excellency before boarding one of the dozen CH47 American troop transport helicopters, which transported the entire coalition forces with their equipment to the Turkish Bashiqa camp; it happened so suddenly and they were so anxious to leave...’

He must have been ordered by the secretary of defense of theirs no doubt, but he has surely told you why, didn’t he?’

He claimed that their mission has reached its end Your Excellency, as we’ve taken control of Mosul eastern and western sectores and the Kurds on the northern sectors; and as what was left us to do was just clearing pockets of resistance, in which they can’t support us neither with air strikes nor with their manpower...’

This is a fictious pretext, a cover up for their plans to support the Turks.’ Al-Abadi declared decisively, and looked all around on his subordinates’ faces.

We must cross the Tigris River, drive away the Kurds and take control of the entire city of Mousl; now when the Americans are still in a reorganization state, at the Turkish Bashiqa camp.’

We made that attempt to cross the river Your Excellency, but we were driven back by the Kurds… We didn’t wish to start a bloody confrontation, and our pionir group of the golden division worriors met with a considerable bigger Kurdish force...’

Prepare our best warriiors to cross the river, and attack the Kurds tomorrow before dawn; we must clear Mosul from the jihadists and from every Sunni soul in Mosul, be it the jihadists, the Kurds or the local residents. These are my orders!’

But it will take time Your Excellency, to prepare such an attack, and we’ve had a huge amount of casualties.’ The chief of staff tried to persuade the prime minister, in the army’s inablility to carry out the prime minister’s orders at such a short time.

Do it with the Shia militias reinforced by the special forces best warriors, and start shelling the east bank of the river districts with heavy salvos and at five am cross the river. The Shia militias that were hardly used in the battle of Mosul, will be exuberant to take that mission on.’ The prime minister repeated resolutely his orders in its full details.

But it’s too risky Your Excellency...’ Some of the participants called out the warning togather almost, and a tensed silence followed right away.

The surprised prime minister was still buried in his thoughts, and his deputy ventured to speak out.

It might cause the intervention of the coalition forces against us Your Excellency, and even the Turks who abhore the Kurds might fight us… it may lead to a break out of a terrible war...’

It depends on us alone if we’ll defeat the Kurds tomorrow, the Turks will have to live with that precedent; while the Americans won’t use the coalition force against us.’ The prime minister made a short break, and exhaled the air caught in his lungs. It was after all a risky gamble ordered by the Iranian president, if it will be accomplished without delays and successfully... Hostilities won’t break out, or a drastic reaction by the Americans... That’s what Rohanei special envoy explained to him, in a head to head meeting. The Americans or the Turks might issue a withdrawl ultimatum at the most, which might lead to negotiations on Mosul’s fate… Rohanei’s envoy assured him with a sly smile. And that’s exactly what we want and expect. He added doing his best to convince al-Abadi, leaving the Iraqi prime minister no other choice but to obey.

Copyright © Haim Kadman 2017 - all rights reserved

You’re invited to read the 1st 3chap of my 22 books, or to download The novelettes The Red Square, It’s God’s wish, A fateful opportunity and A preemptive strike > $2.99 each; plus the short story collections: The unveiling > $1.99, The gambit, The dream and its outcome and Blended Lit. Flashes at > $0.99 each.

https://www.amazon.com/Haim-Kadman/e/B009Z7XL8C ;

or read the full text with KDP library;

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId..

You’ll have to write my name at the left upper search line- haim kadman.

© 2017 Haim Kadman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

295 Views
Added on March 16, 2017
Last Updated on April 1, 2017
Tags: Suspense, espionage, war, Syria, Iraq, ISIS

Author

Haim Kadman
Haim Kadman

Petach-Tikva, Israel



About
Profile: A few words about myself: being a native of a small country whose waist is seventeen kilometers wide in a certain area; and in seven to eight hours drive one can cross its length, I was amaze.. more..

Writing
Moscow Moscow

A Story by Haim Kadman


Back home Back home

A Story by Haim Kadman