His operator

His operator

A Story by Haim Kadman
"

You can read the 1st 3chap. of each of my 23 books and thrillers in this link: https://www.amazon.com/Haim-Kadman/e/B009Z7XL8C  You may read just as well the 610 excerpts of my books and thrillers, at

"

His operator

Sic Transit Gloria Mundi

An excerpt

'He spent the next couple of weeks in Moscow, and we've had several meetings there, in my hotel and elsewhere in that frozen capital. When we sat in my hotel’s lobby I told him "listen Mac that's how he introduced himself when he called my hotel room, “...we're under surveillance, you're sitting with your back to two of them.” I didn't want to tell him that I'd no doubt they followed him be it from the airport, or from his hotel after he landed in Moscow…' Scot made a short pause exhaling the air caught in his lungs.

'You won't believe it sir, he turned around and looked at them like someone that has no practice in clandestine activity; and after a few long seconds he turned back to me using my agency’s nickanme, while in the passport I carried my name was John Sidney Bird; and he said "relax Greg I've checked surveillance and I'm clean, and those two are members of the hotel staff."

'How many times have you met him after that first meeting, and where?'

'I've met him two more times during my third week in Moscow, the first one was again in my hotel's lobby; and in the second one we planned a mutual surveillance check, and during my fourth week he called me from the airport I guess, and ordered me to leave Moscow without delay.'

'I see,' Thurston muttered with obvious embarrassment.

'What was his excuse to meet you again?' Thurston wished to make things clear up to the last detail.

'He said he wants to know if I still believe that I'm being followed. I told him that from my first meeting with him I'm under open surveillance, he didn't believe me. I said to him if up to his unexpected appearance I was followed by at least two teams, which kept changing to avoid exposure, now I'm harassed by one single team that has no need to hide under some innocent cover…'

'Did they try to have a verbal contact with you?'

'No sir, but they kept brushing against me, laugh in my face and mutter from time to time word or two in English, which was associated with my personal life and my career at the agency.'

'What kind of personal details did you identify as your own?'

'Quite a lot of words in English sir, which included my last girl friend's name, my college's name, my university's name my hometown, my rank and my last missions' whereabouts; there wasn't a single detail that appears in my personal file, which they didn't know. It seemed to me that my personal file details were leaked to them, whether by a human error or by a supposedly human error.'

Copyright © Haim Kadman 2017 - all rights reserved,

Tou can read the 1st 3chap. of each of my 23 books and thrillers in this link:

https://www.amazon.com/Haim-Kadman/e/B009Z7XL8C 

You may read just as well the 610 excerpts of my books and thrillers, at this link:

www.writerscafe.org/hkadman



© 2017 Haim Kadman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1201 Views
Added on July 1, 2017
Last Updated on July 1, 2017

Author

Haim Kadman
Haim Kadman

Petach-Tikva, Israel



About
Profile: A few words about myself: being a native of a small country whose waist is seventeen kilometers wide in a certain area; and in seven to eight hours drive one can cross its length, I was amaze.. more..

Writing
Moscow Moscow

A Story by Haim Kadman


Back home Back home

A Story by Haim Kadman