Fabrizio

Fabrizio

A Story by Haim Kadman
"

An excerpt of my 25th book and thriller.

"



Fabrizio

The Bait

An excerpt

Fabrizio had plenty of time during the weekend to think things over and over again. He was interrogated on his second week in Moscow, the subject was his first and last night with that amazing Kazakh young female; which introduced herself as Daria. After some long hours his interrogators seemed disappointed, and reacted just like the national research council in his own country.

So instead of accepting me as a citizen and a fellow scientist they’ve decided to turn me into an agent. He kept thinking with mixed feelings.

After all he was ready to cut his relations with his wife, his family, his colleagues and to live in Russia with Vera; and thanks to his future mission, he will have Vera at his side as his mate; and this was not just his consolation but the culmination of his hazardous enterprise.

He was left with enough money to hire a cab, and buy a drink or visit a museum; during the weekend and

he had all his meals at the cafeteria’s headquarters, like one of the organization members. And now while he was roaming in Moscow’s avenues and streets, he was sure that he’s being followed; but he kept reminding himself what the Uzbek taught him, and didn’t look backwards or tried in any other amateurish way to detect surveillance.

At noon time he returned to the headquarters building, and after lunch he did not leave his room.

The Usbek left several books that he told him to read, and thus he passed the afternoon reading those books, which dealt with clandestine activity mainly. He stayed in his rooms on Sunday too out of despair, and left his bed at eleven thirty am. He was not hungry and thought of giving up lunch too; but Igor paid him a surprising visit about a short while after he took a cold shower and shaved, and they had lunch together in his living room.

The fact that Igor instead of spending Sunday with his own family, came especially to encourage him, impressed Fabrizio and did encourage him very much. As soon as Igor entered and they met, Igor wished to know what bothers their trainee.

What on earth bothers you Fabrizio?’ He asked him in English.

So the Russin language lessons were just a passtime, until they made up their minds what to do with me. The quick conclusion flashed in Fabcrizio’s brain, and it took him a couple of seconds before he poured out his heart to Igor.

I can’t believe that I’ll be able to fulfill whatever you expect of me, in such a short time… I’ll be caught right after crossing the border...’ There was a knock on the door, and two attendants

brought in

the various dishes of their lunch on a trolly. The table was set and they sat in silence until the two attendants finished and left.

You’ll have more than a year Vera and yourself to adapt perfectly to your new identities. You’ll land in Lugano and stay there for a full month in a hotel suite, which will be ordered before hand for you two. As you’re supposed to be an Italian couple that lived in the Italian speaking canton of Ticino in southern Switzerland, you’ll have enough time to learn your surroundings in Lugano. Your crossing the border will be your repatriation, you’ll live in Milan and as a photography shop owners; and it will take a very long time until you’ll be instructed to act without risking your safety.’

All rights © belong to Haim Kadman �" 2017.







© 2017 Haim Kadman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

739 Views
Added on November 3, 2017
Last Updated on November 3, 2017
Tags: suspense, intelligence, action, adventure, love

Author

Haim Kadman
Haim Kadman

Petach-Tikva, Israel



About
Profile: A few words about myself: being a native of a small country whose waist is seventeen kilometers wide in a certain area; and in seven to eight hours drive one can cross its length, I was amaze.. more..

Writing
Moscow Moscow

A Story by Haim Kadman


Back home Back home

A Story by Haim Kadman