His 1st week

His 1st week

A Story by Haim Kadman
"

An excerpty

"

His 1st week

Identity Conflict

An excerpt

As he came out of the call girl’s building a parked car some fifty yards away, switched on its engine and its head lights and started to move slowly after him along the road. He ignored it and went on the road's other side pavement towards his rented studio. He knew quite well that he is being watched, but he could not know if the Canadians or his own compatriots are watching him.

At eleven thirty pm he was back at his studio apartment. He switched on the TV and watched the lighted screen a few seconds, and switched it off decisively, remembering that he has to wake up early the next day.

On Thursday morning he was back in his own office at Toronto’s Russian conlsulate quite early, after a short visit at the snack bar near his apartment.

He switched on his computer and loaded the number one compact disc, with the PDF file that contained a general survey of the state of Canada. He read the Toronto chapter up to one thirty pm, and went out to the nearest restaurant to have lunch. He met very few different consulate representatives unknown to him yet in the corridors and the elevator on his way out, some haughty types attired in last fashion suits that did not pay attention to him; while he passed along the security check counter, he was greeted politely by the duty officer and his aide.

Out on the street and as he reached the restaurant, he kept thinking on his work; how to cope with it in the most efficient way, with quite an effort to avoid thinking on his parents, his young sister and on Alina whom he missed terribly, much more than he missed his own parents.

© Haim Kadman 2016 �" all rights reserved.


© 2018 Haim Kadman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

373 Views
Added on October 5, 2018
Last Updated on October 5, 2018
Tags: suspense, intelligence, espionage, action, adventure, love

Author

Haim Kadman
Haim Kadman

Petach-Tikva, Israel



About
Profile: A few words about myself: being a native of a small country whose waist is seventeen kilometers wide in a certain area; and in seven to eight hours drive one can cross its length, I was amaze.. more..

Writing
Moscow Moscow

A Story by Haim Kadman


Back home Back home

A Story by Haim Kadman