Alina

Alina

A Story by Haim Kadman
"

The ex CIA agent that had to serve the Russian SVR service, meets again his first SVR operator.

"

Alina

Identity Conflict

An excerpt


She didn't smile while seeing me as I came out into the jet bridge, because we were among strangers; and now she seats beside me without uttering a single word, because of the driver's presence. I guess we're on our way to the headquarters at Yasenovo. Alex assumed while they left the airport, and were on their way to Moscow.

At the SVR headquarters huge building's entrance they got off and the driver drove on. They took the elevator up to the same suite like apartment where Alex stayed before leaving for Toronto, but Kolya was not there and it is Alina again to serve as his operator; Alex realized with relief, and thanked God for his good luck.

'Welcome back Alex, and do fetch us a drink to celebrate your return.' Alina said quite dryly, as she sat down on one of the armchairs. Despite his wish to get nearer to her, bend over her and kiss her lips; Alex had to resort to crucial efforts to overcome his yearning to hug her, and he went over to the small fridge at the living room corner. He came back with two miniature bottles of vodka, and put one on the table in front of his first ever operator, before he sat down facing her. He knew very well that he must be very cautious concerning their mutual renewed relationship, if he wants to win her trust and friendship. He did not dare to think of love, although he could easily fall in love with his extremely beautiful operator.

'Your health,' Alina said raising the open miniature bottle to her lips.

Alex coughed slightly and nodded his head before drinking the miniature bottle's content, he was too excited yet and preferred to keep silent and not let his voice betray his feelings.

'So your safety was at risk and you deem yourself lucky to have returned so early I guess,' Alina muttered in a low voice without exposing her own feelings. She did not have to mention what was the reason for his early return, which made him realize how lucky he is. She did not even smile while saying it, but kept watching him with that diffident stare of hers.

'We'll be working together for quite a while from now on Alex.' She said with that same distant though sweet voice of hers.

'We've to prepare for…' A double knock was heard on the suite entrance door, it did not surprise Alina.

'I've ordered a late lunch for us, I'd something to eat before I've met you at the airport; but I'm not going to let you eat alone, so get up and fetch it Alex.'

He obeyed her once again and went over to the front door.

'What I've started to relate is how we're going to prepare you for your next mission.' She told him while they sat eating their late lunch.

'I see and how long would it take, and what exactly is my mission?' Alex ventured to ask, and made her smile. She knew how eager he is to stay on with her.

'About a couple of weeks Alex, you're supposed to be a press attaché in one of our embassies or consulates abroad; you'll read the daily newspapers every day from now up to the last moment; and you'll several meetings with an experienced correspondent, although you'll deal with quite different matters of course; and you won't need to sent articles to a paper's editorial.' She added with that kind of a businesslike manner, in which she treated him when he just met her at the jet bridge.

'I was updated on your doing out there, and you did well I was told, including last night…'

'I thought I'll never see you again.' He hastened to excuse himself.

'I've no intention to blame you Alex, if you would have stayed there several years as planned, we wouldn't have ever met again.' She admitted without hiding her wish to make him realize that she is glad to meet him again.


Copyright © Haim Kadman 2012 - all rights reserved









© 2018 Haim Kadman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

388 Views
Added on October 20, 2018
Last Updated on October 20, 2018
Tags: suspense, intelligence, espionage, action, adventure, love

Author

Haim Kadman
Haim Kadman

Petach-Tikva, Israel



About
Profile: A few words about myself: being a native of a small country whose waist is seventeen kilometers wide in a certain area; and in seven to eight hours drive one can cross its length, I was amaze.. more..

Writing
Moscow Moscow

A Story by Haim Kadman


Back home Back home

A Story by Haim Kadman