The realization

The realization

A Story by Haim Kadman
"

Alex Garin an ex CIA agent who defected and serves the Russians, was supposed to be used in calsndestine project in the US, which would surely endager his own life, defects a second time ...?

"

The realization

Identity Conflict

An excerpt

A sudden silence fell in the office. Kilanyn was buried in his thoughts while his two colleagues were dumbfounded.

'So our Alex Garin or Donald Patrick Kane might have defected, or he's on his way to the Mexican border or to the Canadian border. We don't have the means and manpower to find out where he's, but if he's defected he'll burn Jane; and if Jane will be arrested that will be our proof that he did defect.' Kilanyn muttered as if he was thinking aloud.

'He left all his things in the hideout apartment, and if he did defect finding his things there will be the proof that he didn't lie to his new masters.'

'How are we going to complete the project's preparations sir?' Boronsky ventured to ask, while Mironov was still in a state of shock.

'We'll have to adhere to the plan as if nothing happened, which means that we'll have keep on; and keep our mouths shut, and you Boronsky will have to replace him.'

'You mean that I'll have to stay with Jane in the hideout apartment sir?'

'No you'll be on leave at your home, and when the time will come I'll summon you, you may go now Boronsky.'

The astounded Boronsky got to his feet, mumbled a brisk and hardly audible "yes sir" and left the office.

'Listen Viktor I want you to instruct Jane's operator to tell her to evacuate the hideout apartment and cancel the lease, and she'll have to keep a low profile for a while.'

'What about the project's preparations Bogdan?'

'The preparations were the project's cover story, if he didn't defect the project is safe; that's all that we're allowed to talk about, but if Jane will be arrested it will mean that he had defected, and I hope that center in such a case will blame the department of illegal agents, which has sent him to us.'

'What a mess… What are we supposed to do if he'll talk…?'

'It could be the end of our careers Viktor.' Kilanyn muttered and cleared his throat several times.

'We must keep it between the three of us, and hope that he's on his way to Canada or to Mexico…'

'But the project Bogdan, center will ask if the preparations have been completed successfully…?'

'The project is top secret and that's all we heard from center, and we aren't supposed to know its details up to the last moment and Boronsky as I've already said, will have to replace Alex Garin.'

  1. © Haim Kadman 2018 �" all rights reserved.



© 2018 Haim Kadman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

381 Views
Added on December 5, 2018
Last Updated on December 5, 2018
Tags: suspense, intelligence, espionage, action, adventure, love

Author

Haim Kadman
Haim Kadman

Petach-Tikva, Israel



About
Profile: A few words about myself: being a native of a small country whose waist is seventeen kilometers wide in a certain area; and in seven to eight hours drive one can cross its length, I was amaze.. more..

Writing
Moscow Moscow

A Story by Haim Kadman


Back home Back home

A Story by Haim Kadman