Fata morgana

Fata morgana

A Story by Haim Kadman
"

Some facts of life.

"


 �" mirage

There are times in which one feels like roaming in a desert, thirsty for a drop of water. He spies an oasis with palm trees, green pastures not far off; he even hears the sound of languid flowing water.

On the verge of despair he moves on hopefully on all his fours, and ends up crawling exhausted, splashing in more sand, to realize that it was just a hallucination built in his own brain.

This metaphoric scene can change form and appear in anyone’s daily life. One doesn’t have to day dream, all he has to do is hope and neglect reality.

It happened many a time in history, to individuals and to communities and nations led by such individuals, who insisted on dreaming of “a peaceful world”, “new deal”, “new Middle East”, until reality slappes their faces.

In the old times there were no idologies but conquer and expansion policies, who ever is in the way is the enemy that has to be beaten and enslaved.

In modern times idologies popped up, communism advocating equality and brotherhood, and was worse then the era of the Tsars’ rule in old Russia; fascism promised a thousand years Reich, that brought in its wake the second world war; and in spite of these lessons, there are those who will do anything to appease the forces of evil, to no avail; seeking diplomatic solutions to issues that demand resolution, threats and dire punishment.


© Haim Kadman the 21sth Century �" all rights reseved.


© 2019 Haim Kadman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

177 Views
Added on February 24, 2019
Last Updated on February 24, 2019
Tags: story, facts, regimes

Author

Haim Kadman
Haim Kadman

Petach-Tikva, Israel



About
Profile: A few words about myself: being a native of a small country whose waist is seventeen kilometers wide in a certain area; and in seven to eight hours drive one can cross its length, I was amaze.. more..

Writing
Moscow Moscow

A Story by Haim Kadman


Back home Back home

A Story by Haim Kadman