Live and work in Israel�

Live and work in Israel�

A Story by Haim Kadman
"

An excerpt of my thriller 'The remote control job', was published electronically during 2002-2004. An American survives captivity in North Vietnam but is drawn into an espionage net.

"

 

'Well...?' Nicole asked again looking straight into his eyes.

'Why didn't you tell me?' He managed to answer her at last. ‘You said we'll live like a pair of lovers, and now...' He added, 'everything has been messed up.'

'Nothing drastic nor dramatic has taken place, honey.' She emphasized consoling him. 'You'll have to cope with the new situation as nothing really happened. That's all there is to it! And that means carrying on your good relations with Rose and Harry, and of course loving me, as long as we’re together. '

'Till when?' He asked her getting closer and taking her into his arms, bending his face down to her warm smooth cheek.      

'Don't you dare to nag me, you'll know everything in due course, live the moment and be happy.' She ordered him whispering it tenderly in her low and melodious voice.

'That's exactly what I want, but how can I, when I'm supposed to marry someone else...' He whispered back and taking a step backward holding her shoulders with outstretched arms, he was looking at her with beseeching eyes, waiting for her denial.

'So she did tell you!' She said aloud 'She had to keep her mouth shut!' Nicole lied to him feigning anger.                         

'It’s true then...' He muttered still unable to believe it.

'All right, let's sit down and talk it over. She suggested in a calm and business like tone.                     

'I won't marry anyone but you, never!' Nick declared vehemently, watching her intently. 'It’s you alone I'm after, it’s you alone who made me come over here...' He went on obstinately.             

'Well, you may pack up your things and return to your parents in New York.' She remarked coldly cutting him short as she sat down, putting an end to his protests.                                                         

Dumbfounded, frightened by his own threats, Nick sat down with a bowed head, trying to put some order in his thoughts. ‘All right, whom am I supposed to marry? Who is she?'

'There is still time, lots of time, you'll have to study first with Harry; he'll prepare you for your next phase, and you don’t have to worry at all.’                             

'Prepare me...?' 'What for? He cried desperately out.

'You're supposed to be a scientist, an expert in physics.'

'Me...? You must be joking!' He declared with disbelief.

'It isn't a joke Nick, you're planned to become a doctor of science in the very near future, marry a rich Jewess and live with her in Israel; at the Weitzman institute of science, I hope I’m not mistaken and that’s its correct name. Anyway, it’s in a small town called Rehovot in Israel and above all, it will serve our cause of peace.'                                

'I won't marry a Jewess and I'm not capable that much, to become a doctor of whatever you just said.  I’m terribly sorry but I'm not going to marry anyone but you, be it a Jewess or a jentile, do you hear me!' He ended up with a wild shout.                                     

'I see, well it will take some time as I said, but you'll have to adjust yourself Nick, or else end up with an extra hole in your head...! Nobody did ever disobey Center without having to bear the consequences!' She remarked rather coldly.

That last cold blooded remark swept the carpet under Nick’s feet. He kept watching her a bit shocked; it took him a few mute seconds before he was able to comment. 'How about you? Don't you want me near you, why did you ask me to join you then? I should have stayed on at the hotel!' He protested vehemently.

'I do care for you Nick, but that's your future destiny, and that's why I asked you to join me, to have you next to me all that time, till you'll have to go. I promise I'll keep in touch with you all along our lives, after we’ll have to part. We'll meet from time to time. In any case why worry, why bother ourselves that early? There's still lots of time Nick, to enjoy ourselves'. She added with a confident sweet smile, reminding her lover were they were, and what she expected of him on that very moment.

As he did not move and didn’t react, but stood facing her quite perturbed; she took a step forward extending her hands toward him. 'Come on, I've missed so much Nickie...' She whispered to him in an expression of longing, raising a pair of beseeching eyes to his face.

It was the bare truth, she did miss him having passed the week-end all alone in some remote suburb motel, waiting for a call; and then later that night, she had that half hour meeting with some Russian contact. He came to meet her from the States no doubt; he  must have had passed most of his day in solitude, just as her. The meeting itself was a bore though it supposed to be cheerful, the man was trying to “encourage” her, while she could not grasp why. She did not need it, she did well, and that man was sent by some suspicious b*****d, to check her pulse, see with his own eyes how she is doing or who knows what... There were too many of them, the treacherous b******s, in the UN, in the Russian embassy and the consulates, all over the States... They might want to have her under their own control, her independent status is a thorn in their eyes, that must be it. I'll have to teach Nick to handle a gun and have him carry one. She thought, as she was carried in his arms to the bedroom. Above all, the last love affair that she had was with her instructor, almost a year ago in Moscow, some kind of a compromise to keep the rest of her pursuers at bay. She felt much better far more at ease in Paris and here in Montreal. She concluded with certainty as Nick laid her gently on their broad bed. There she was haunted, extorted almost with insinuations, or hidden threats by men who courted her aggressively, rudely. How she hated and despised them all, those beastly Russians, and the one she has just met was kicking her feet under the table...

 

Haim Kadman © 2007  All rights reserved.                                

© 2009 Haim Kadman


Author's Note

Haim Kadman
This excerpt represent a fictitious based on imagination but on real emotions just as well.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

364 Views
Added on June 6, 2009

Author

Haim Kadman
Haim Kadman

Petach-Tikva, Israel



About
Profile: A few words about myself: being a native of a small country whose waist is seventeen kilometers wide in a certain area; and in seven to eight hours drive one can cross its length, I was amaze.. more..

Writing
Moscow Moscow

A Story by Haim Kadman


Back home Back home

A Story by Haim Kadman